Me and My Family

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I think out side of cities and large towns PIlvis largely correct. Our address is the mother in law's name, Barangay, Town, Province.
Thank you Gazza. I am surprised how many column inches this has taken up. What I have stated is correct where I live. Why some people seem to doubt this ....I have no idea. But anyway, I hope this relative irrelevant subject is now brought to a close.

Bevs....

I am sorry I have hurt your feelings with my sarky response. I promise I will try and curb it in future.

MP20......

You have made a sarky comment about my abilitity to post. It doesn't bother me so no harm done. But yes, I will have a bash at multi-quotes when I have the time. If I find it a faff, I will try something different which will make it easier for you to read.

Moving on.....

I went to the "Big City" this morning whereupon she produced the doctors request for a diagnostic check. Which means I was wrong to doubt her in the first place. Blood and urine test followed but because the results were not due for a few hours and she was tired after her night shift, she wanted to get some sleep. I was up at 2.30 this morning for the journey to meet her so we were both tired. So we agreed that I would return here and she would collect the results later this afternoon and let me know. I could not stay at her place because her work mate had just finished the same shift and was sleeping. The results came through this evening. She has high blood pressure, low white blood cells and yet another UTI infection. Or maybe its the same one as yet uncured. She got meds for the UTI and pain killers. She was booked in for an ultra sound scan tomorrow afternoon. And then that was when we had a slight disagreement.

I said I would undertake the journey yet again tomorrow to be at her side for the scan and results. Scan on her right side would be 1550 peso and needed me to send that. I said no need. I will be there. Then came the excuses. But it will be late when I get back here and have to walk about a mile in the dark. No problem I stated. But what about my back problem (these journeys play havoc on my back). No problem I said wincing. So....she decided not to have a scan despite alternative ideas I put forward. Her main excuse was she has had these scans twice before when she was in hospital and they revealed nothing. A waste of money. I argued to the contrary but she was not having a scan. Thinking of me you see. Ahhh....but I wonder. Suspicions had already set in.

Anyway, she is fine now. This morning she was not her chirpy self. More business like if you wish. Maybe she was just tired after night shift. Could be. I was not a bundle of fun either tbh. This journey is not a bundle of fun when you get to middle age with a chronic back problem. I use middle age advisedly. But there could be other reasons for her demeanor. I will just leave it like that.

Had a very disgruntled creditor msg me this evening. Just what I didn't want. Anyway, she wants her money by the end of the week. Spoke to my wife about it this morning and the bank is resending the money....maybe they got the details wrong. Her story. We will see. If the money is not received....financial penalties will come into force. Hmmm....Really?

Regards

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
But anyway, I hope this relative irrelevant subject is now brought to a close.
Why? It's a public forum, which means anyone can talk about anything they want to. Thread drift isn't uncommon on BE.

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Why? It's a public forum, which means anyone can talk about anything they want to. Thread drift isn't uncommon on BE.
I agree. But there is thread drift and thread drift. I am simply making a comment that compared to the serious subject in hand, it is largely irrelevant . But we are all entitled to our opinion...are we not? It is after all a public forum

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Oct 4th 2019 at 1:54 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Feidlimid

I fear that P11 is showing signs of Trumpism in that if you rattle his cage.
Trumpism? Ouch! That was below the belt!

Regards

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

. But we are all entitled to our opinion...are we not?

Regards
Yes we are, that's why I gave mine.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Gazza. I am surprised how many column inches this has taken up. What I have stated is correct where I live. Why some people seem to doubt this ....I have no idea. But anyway, I hope this relative irrelevant subject is now brought to a close.
It's interesting to those of us who don't live there. People ask questions and discuss when they learn new things.

Bevs....

I am sorry I have hurt your feelings with my sarky response. I promise I will try and curb it in future.

MP20......

You have made a sarky comment about my abilitity to post. It doesn't bother me so no harm done. But yes, I will have a bash at multi-quotes when I have the time. If I find it a faff, I will try something different which will make it easier for you to read.
My comment wasn't actually sarcy. It gets confusing when comments being replied to aren't quoted correctly. I was grateful you were now quoting.

You report things which then lead to comments and discussion. It's a public forum where anyone and everyone has an opinion and a right to state that opinion. It may be your thread but you can't control exactly how people respond.

Moving on.....

I went to the "Big City" this morning whereupon she produced the doctors request for a diagnostic check. Which means I was wrong to doubt her in the first place. Blood and urine test followed but because the results were not due for a few hours and she was tired after her night shift, she wanted to get some sleep. I was up at 2.30 this morning for the journey to meet her so we were both tired. So we agreed that I would return here and she would collect the results later this afternoon and let me know. I could not stay at her place because her work mate had just finished the same shift and was sleeping. The results came through this evening. She has high blood pressure, low white blood cells and yet another UTI infection. Or maybe its the same one as yet uncured. She got meds for the UTI and pain killers. She was booked in for an ultra sound scan tomorrow afternoon. And then that was when we had a slight disagreement.

I said I would undertake the journey yet again tomorrow to be at her side for the scan and results. Scan on her right side would be 1550 peso and needed me to send that. I said no need. I will be there. Then came the excuses. But it will be late when I get back here and have to walk about a mile in the dark. No problem I stated. But what about my back problem (these journeys play havoc on my back). No problem I said wincing. So....she decided not to have a scan despite alternative ideas I put forward. Her main excuse was she has had these scans twice before when she was in hospital and they revealed nothing. A waste of money. I argued to the contrary but she was not having a scan. Thinking of me you see. Ahhh....but I wonder. Suspicions had already set in.

Anyway, she is fine now. This morning she was not her chirpy self. More business like if you wish. Maybe she was just tired after night shift. Could be. I was not a bundle of fun either tbh. This journey is not a bundle of fun when you get to middle age with a chronic back problem. I use middle age advisedly. But there could be other reasons for her demeanor. I will just leave it like that.

Regards
So are you suggesting she's lying about the test results or something else?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes we are, that's why I gave mine.
Yes....it is good to agree sometimes!

Regards
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's interesting to those of us who don't live there. People ask questions and discuss when they learn new things.

My comment wasn't actually sarcy. It gets confusing when comments being replied to aren't quoted correctly. I was grateful you were now quoting.

You report things which then lead to comments and discussion. It's a public forum where anyone and everyone has an opinion and a right to state that opinion. It may be your thread but you can't control exactly how people respond.

So are you suggesting she's lying about the test results or something else?
I agree with that everyone has a right to state their opinion and I do not try to control exactly how people respond except on anonymity. However, if this thread drifted into say "How to talk to a camel" for a few dozen posts, then I suspect people may well lose interest. An extreme example but one that makes the point.

My comment about the test results.....Maybe I am being uncharitable, but I suspect that if I sent the 1550 peso for the scan which she thinks is a waste of time and money, then she wouldn't go. 1550 peso in pocket. Far be it for me to be naïve.....

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Oct 4th 2019 at 2:18 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:27 pm
Concierge

"How to talk to a camel"
I've always wanted to know the answer to that
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've always wanted to know the answer to that
Simple....start a new thread on the subject.

Regards
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How did she get the UTI?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We always used to say it was down to the OP to keep the thread on topic if they wish to. Many don’t bother, therefore threads often drift off topic. This doesn’t seem to be the case here, so maybe we should respect P11’s wishes.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 4th 2019 at 4:46 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that everyone has a right to state their opinion and I do not try to control exactly how people respond except on anonymity. However, if this thread drifted into say "How to talk to a camel" for a few dozen posts, then I suspect people may well lose interest. An extreme example but one that makes the point.

My comment about the test results.....Maybe I am being uncharitable, but I suspect that if I sent the 1550 peso for the scan which she thinks is a waste of time and money, then she wouldn't go. 1550 peso in pocket. Far be it for me to be naïve.....Regards
I've been reading this thread from the outset. You Phil11, uncharitable? No way. Foolish with distributing money, most definitely! The more I read, it makes me think of the man who was given a rope to play with. And he hung himself. I have no doubt that you enjoy the life you are leading, and incredibly the self-harm being inflicted.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 5:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I've been reading this thread from the outset. You Phil11, uncharitable? No way. Foolish with distributing money, most definitely! The more I read, it makes me think of the man who was given a rope to play with. And he hung himself. I have no doubt that you enjoy the life you are leading, and incredibly the self-harm being inflicted.
I have no doubt he enjoys being the focus of attention here.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 7:31 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How did she get the UTI?
It's all in the wipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.