Me and My Family

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Pollyanna, Bevs & SOS, it’s not a daft question at all. Our address here in the Ph. serves us very well and no one seems to have any difficult in locating us. We have post delivered on a regular basis direct to our house from the bank and other organisations in the Ph. Parcels ordered online from a whole range of different suppliers are also regularly delivered direct to our door by many different couriers. Nor do friends new to the area have any problem whatsoever finding us.

P11’s comment was a generalisation; it may well apply to him and his circle of friends, it does not apply all over. As mikek1 explained in post ⋕2811, even in remote areas, everyone knows everyone and therefore addresses per se when accompanied by a name are not ‘next to useless’ as P11 would have you think.
Thanks. I was beginning to wonder if I was do-lally with this. Our pals here have no probs and I've had no issues in the past with sending and receiving documents for folk in both Thailand and the Phillipines. Their systems seem to work quite well I felt.

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Bevs.....
( rest of quote snipped)...........

Anything else?
Actually yes.

Do not do me the dis-service of using that tone to or with me please. It is undeserved. I have reviewed each one of my posts to this thread this morning and can see no instance of my being supercilious with you & plenty of being helpful and concerned.
All that has happened is the Q over addresses which has been cleared up via other posters.

How you and other posters react and post with each other is between yourselves , provided it remains within the BE site rules.

Thank you.

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Pollyanna, Bevs & SOS, it’s not a daft question at all. Our address here in the Ph. serves us very well and no one seems to have any difficult in locating us. We have post delivered on a regular basis direct to our house from the bank and other organisations in the Ph. Parcels ordered online from a whole range of different suppliers are also regularly delivered direct to our door by many different couriers. Nor do friends new to the area have any problem whatsoever finding us.

P11’s comment was a generalisation; it may well apply to him and his circle of friends, it does not apply all over. As mikek1 explained in post ⋕2811, even in remote areas, everyone knows everyone and therefore addresses per se when accompanied by a name are not ‘next to useless’ as P11 would have you think.

thank you
Old Oct 4th 2019, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I think out side of cities and large towns PIlvis largely correct. Our address is the mother in law's name, Barangay, Town, Province.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
same as here I suppose, the postie knows your name and where your house is. simple
Not quite, here I have to potter down to the post office and rummage through a great pile of letters to see if one is for me.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Not quite, here I have to potter down to the post office and rummage through a great pile of letters to see if one is for me.
I'm assuming that others have to do the same, I wonder if any letters that feel like they have a credit card in go missing?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm assuming that others have to do the same, I wonder if any letters that feel like they have a credit card in go missing?
In general banks do not send credit cards from overseas by post. Philippine banks send credit cards by secure courier.
Philpost is so bad that in my case letters from the UK take 8 weeks to be delivered. Two days from London to Manila, two weeks from the airport to Marikina (15 kms) and six weeks from Marikina PO to my residence (1Km)
However the good news is that in the opposite direction it takes about a week door to door.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I had one posted from my bank in the UK in August, within one day of it arriving at the Manila post office I was contacted regarding misuse of my debit card. I also had a UK license go missing as well. So that is 100% loss of letters with credit card sized contents.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
In general banks do not send credit cards from overseas by post. Philippine banks send credit cards by secure courier.
Philpost is so bad that in my case letters from the UK take 8 weeks to be delivered. Two days from London to Manila, two weeks from the airport to Marikina (15 kms) and six weeks from Marikina PO to my residence (1Km)
However the good news is that in the opposite direction it takes about a week door to door.
And you get all of your letters proof read by the postman and his wife. I sent a cheap boots camera to my wife years ago by recorded delivery. The camera was then upgraded by the post office to a cheap Philippines camera that cost more than the original.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
And you get all of your letters proof read by the postman and his wife. I sent a cheap boots camera to my wife years ago by recorded delivery. The camera was then upgraded by the post office to a cheap Philippines camera that cost more than the original.
Brilliant. Not always a looser then to the PO then
Old Oct 4th 2019, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Niece sent 2 credit Cards. After 2 months they did not turn up, I had to cancell them. Fortunatly the ones that went missimg were not used. Letters in Brown envelopes ( all HMRC - tax etc.) arrive umtampered, still takes 4-6 weeks to arrive from the UK.
I always set up scheduled payments for my Philippine credit cards because I cannot rely on the post for the statements to arrive before the payment due date.
Any letter of importance to Go to the UK, I use DHL or other recorded courier service..........I do not trust Philippine post.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

At least he's worked out how to quote. I look forward to a multiquote.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 12:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to show off and multi-quote to answer all the Philippines post offices posts

It sounds a bit atrocious, although theft of credit cards/valuables isn't confined to the Philippines. Apparently it's quite common in Oz too, although they get stolen from your letter box rather than at the PO. Which makes me wonder - how do the thieves know you have a credit card in your letter box?

Also, years ago when I was even dumber than I am now, we sent cash in Christmas cards from Oz to Liverpool in the UK. $300 to each of Scouse's two brothers. One card arrived safely, the other brother just got a Christmas card, minus money and envelope
Old Oct 4th 2019, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I would never ever send cash in the post from wherever to wherever.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pica
I would never ever send cash in the post from wherever to wherever.
I send all my gifts by email😃🤣

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.