Me and My Family

Old Jun 11th 2019, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

My perspectives are distorted because I lived a a rolling stone. Hard for me to understand those who never moved from their village. I remember Hugh Macdiarmid who wrote of a character that he believed "A day oot o Langholm is a day wasted"
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My bad. Everyone should stay in their own village !
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that there is a serious case of thread drift.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scot47
My perspectives are distorted because I lived a a rolling stone. Hard for me to understand those who never moved from their village. I remember Hugh Macdiarmid who wrote of a character that he believed "A day oot o Langholm is a day wasted"
It is hard for me to understand also. There again I always was one that wanted or perhaps felt a need to see what was around a corner. My sibling on the other hand does not have this in her at all.
We are all different I suppose. It is whatever makes you happy and fulfilled at any given moment in time I suppose.

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
It seems that there is a serious case of thread drift.
It'll pass. Call it an interlude.

Old Jun 13th 2019, 10:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
We are all different I suppose. It is whatever makes you happy and fulfilled at any given moment in time I suppose.

Yep. Moving to another country doesn't necessarily make a person more sophisticated or adventurous, just as staying in the place you were born doesn't make someone staid or lacking in any way. Horses for courses, and all that matters is if you're happy.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Happy" ? We should aspire to that phrase used in great document in the American colonies - "The pursuit of happiness"
Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"Happy" ? We should aspire to that phrase used in great document in the American colonies - "The pursuit of happiness"
I don't think that deeply about it Scott. I know when I'm happy, and I know when I'm not.
Old Jun 28th 2019, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sending out a search party for P11. Not heard from him for several weeks now. Concerns are surfacing. P11, please call home.
Old Jun 28th 2019, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Sending out a search party for P11. Not heard from him for several weeks now. Concerns are surfacing. P11, please call home.
May be "no news is good news"? I hope this applies after the saga.
Old Jun 29th 2019, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Good news...bad news ....and uncertaintanty.

Good news. She has successfully applied and accepted for a job in the "Big City" ....a 5 hr bus ride away. A call centre job working for one of the two telecom companies here in the Philippines. She is currently undergoing a 15 day training course working night shift. Spent a couple of days training about one week ago and has to go back in about a weeks time for a further 5 days. Doesn't want to do a straight 15 night stretch....because she misses me and the dog. So she says. Starting pay I think was 13k pm and once finished training will go to 20k pm plus overtime. Drawback on that is of course she will be living away. She wants me to re-locate but I love it here....and hate the big city. So that could be an issue in the future. However, I have heard from the landlord yesterday that he is now considering putting our house on the market. So we may have no choice on the matter. But I might just find another place here. We shall see.

Bad news... Her hormonal problem is back again. I think we had about a 2 week respite when we thought the problem was over. As I mentioned previously, her GP reckoned it was due to stress as did her 1st Gyne. Unknown to me she sought another opinion from a 2nd Gyne and is now on her 3rd Gyne. I always go with her now to the 3rd Gyne. She has put her on a 6 month treatment course but my wife has now lost confidence in her and wants a 4th opinion. I have veto'd that because when she changes Gyne's, she has to go through all the tests again. I have enough problems financially and don't want to add to them. But she is getting distressed about this problem that has been with her for 6 months now. I have enough pressures as it is without this raising its ugly head again.

She has been trying to get revenge on those two WAGs who betrayed my confidence and posted all the sordid details on FB. We have been to NBI on 5 occasions now in the big city to pursue a cyber-bullying charge. But she has been constantly fobbed off by them. Either they are not in....or placing further obstacles in her way. Witnesses to say that they have read the posts....latest was to redirect us to another NBI on another island to determine the URL of the FB posts. They were mystified with the request. Anyway....I think she has given up that idea now. But what a waste of time and effort. 10hr return bus journey remember. NBI?.....read NFI as far as I am concerned.

In the interim period, she has been having "flashbacks"......4 in total. The moment when she saw all the sordid details of my conv's on FB for the first time. These resulted in something flying across the room and hysterics. Fortunately, they have now all stopped....ever since she gave up on the NBI. One occasion she stated she will file a case against me. That nearly resulted in the end of our marriage. If she was going to do that then I will leave immediately and counter file a case against her. Fortunately that brought her to her senses.

I have filed a case in the Small Claims Court against one of the WAGs who owes me about 130k when I helped her pay for her late bf's medical expenses. She was paying a little back each month for a few months and then refused to repay because I had gone back to my wife. I am told the procedure is simple and quick....we will see. The money will come in very handy.

Still trying to get to grips with this loan of 191k at 10% PM. I may have to confront the lender if I cannot sustain the repayments. As I have previously mentioned, it is an illegal loan so I don't think she can enforce the repayments. The lender acquired the money from the insurance payout on the murder of her husband who was shot dead in a road side altercation about 2 yrs ago. I have met her once before I knew about the loan and she seems a nice young lady. A good friend of my wife. But if my back is against the wall because I can no longer sustain the interest and capital repayments then I will have to refuse to pay. But you never know whats behind the sweet smile of the lender. Also, my wife will once again come under pressure to pay and I know what happened last time. I don't want to go through all that again. Hopefully her earnings at the call centre will help.....and something comes from the Small Claims Court.

So that's how it all hangs right now. I came here 4 yrs ago hoping for a peaceful retirement and everything was fine up until about 9 months ago. Yes....its been a nightmare since then and I am hoping that this time next year....we can look upon this with a wry smile. Hope so anyway.....

Regards
Old Jun 29th 2019, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

P11,

Nice to know everything is back on track. I find it interesting that you are applying to a small claims court for return of a debt to yourself. I have a similar problem but for 1.65 million peso.I have continually helped an engineer financially who constructed our house and renovated our second home.
The Engineer is constructing a house in our sub division. The engineer was paid 90% of the cost of the house but used the funds to pay off debts he accumulated. Needless to say he could not complete the house due to lack of funds, so I stepped in to finance the shortfall. The engineer still needed more funding so I obliged. I helped out because I have known the engineer for many years, he is very honest but hopeless at financial aspects.
We were having a new house constructed and instructed the engineer to complete the task, so I gave him the balance of 30% up front. In total the amount owed to us was 1.65 million. Unfortunately we have had to hold fire on the construction owing to the collapse of the sea wall at the bottom of the beach front lot.
Naturally I asked the engineer for the return of our money. You guessed right, he had spent 1.25 million of the money,650k in 13days !! The funds he used were used for payment of debts to suppliers of building materials and living expenses.I have always tried to help the engineer, despite several warnings about lending money to Filipinos. As you can imagine I was very angry and decided to instruct our attorney to recover the funds.
I did not know but it is a criminal offense namely Estafa(fraud) to obtain money without delivering the goods ( there are several other definitions which can be googled) . Estafa is a very serious offense in the Philippines and carries a very long prison sentence .There is also the Financial Rehabilitation and Insolvency act which if used can bankrupt the debtor.
On passing on the news to the engineer that my attorney would be pressing for an Estafa (fraud) case against him, and bankruptcy proceedings in the event of non payment the engineer swiftly came to an amiable agreement to pay back the debt. I should add the engineer does own property which in the case of bankruptcy could be seized.
i have agreed to his repayment terms, plus interest, but will still have our attorney register the debt with the appropriate court.
Maybe my experience might be of use to others.

Old Jun 29th 2019, 11:27 am
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hormonal problems and "flashbacks"? Oh dear, here comes the next cycle of unfortunate events...

P11, you're on a hiding to nothing. Wake UP!!!

Last edited by tooboocoo; Jun 29th 2019 at 1:11 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2019, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

tooboocoo.... Perhaps you didn't read my post fully. The "flashbacks" have now ceased and the hormonal problems refer to menstruation problems. I am not the one that needs to wake up.

Mikek1.... Yes, I am acquainted with Estafa. My wife wanted me to pursue this woman under this route and it was difficult to explain to her that she did not commit fraud. The Small Claims Procedure is similar to that of the UK. The maximum amount that can be claimed at the moment is 300k and no lawyers are involved. It is supposed to be quick and easy.....but this is the Philippines.....I doubt if this phrase applies here. Glad you got it sorted nonetheless.

Regards
Old Jun 30th 2019, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
..because she misses me and the dog. So she says.
I think you will find that it is she misses the dog and you.

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Bad news... Her hormonal problem is back again.
I don't think a call center job and someone with hormonal problems are that well suited, I can see, on a bad day, the second awkward customer in a row may not get the loving customer service he thought he might.
Old Jun 30th 2019, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I think you will find that it is she misses the dog and you.
I think you will find that it is she misses the dog and then the money. Probably even closer to the truth.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 1st 2019 at 4:04 am. Reason: Just a tweak coz of rule 18. Stokkevn post misquote adj & comment itself put into post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.