Me and My Family

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

I think those saying that western women would not leave their kids for someone else to look after have not met half of modern day mothers. Especially the poor ones where, in fact, no one looks after the kids.

My guess is that the average age of posters here is around 50 and that they are reasonably well educated and reasonably affluent. Take a trip to the job centre on a Tuesday and go see the real world.

I don't judge the LL for kids. I know loads of pinoys all in the same shitty situation.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think those saying that western women would not leave their kids for someone else to look after have not met half of modern day mothers. Especially the poor ones where, in fact, no one looks after the kids.

My guess is that the average age of posters here is around 50 and that they are reasonably well educated and reasonably affluent. Take a trip to the job centre on a Tuesday and go see the real world.

I don't judge the LL for kids. I know loads of pinoys all in the same shitty situation.
Good post Mill
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Mallory.....

****You must admit that YOUR marriage is an arrangement***** Explain to me how you figure that? I have lived here for 4 yrs and at any point prior to marriage 6 months ago, I could have moved out with ease. As many have pointed out in this column, an ex-pat like me would have no problem finding a partner. Indeed, during that time, I have had several subtle hints from other women. Also I could have joined many of the sexpats in Angeles as an example and lived a life of debauchery with no ties or responsibilities. But I didn't. Instead, I married her.

*****she enjoys not working***** Again, how do you figure that out? She has been running an on-line jewelry business for 4 yrs which involves a lot of running about collecting/sending money and receiving and sending packages. Plus many hours on-line advertising and dealing with customers.

I agree with you in part about her children. But she gives her two boys an allowance each week and provides their needs for school. The two girls, she sends them money for their educational needs. She didn't have to do this....it is Philippine law that it is the fathers responsibility to take care of children when couples are separated. However, she recognizes that the fathers do not have the financial means to do this. But yes...I find it most strange that she does not interact more with her children. Also strange that her mother gave their 3rd daughter away at birth because he was a boy. It is not uncommon in Philippine culture. But mystifying to us.

As far as looking after me is concerned in old age.....The only reservation I have on that is that I will be over cossetted. I have had the dreaded lurgy for the past couple of weeks. She is treating it like the black death. Going out and getting cough medicines,,,headache pills....remonstrating that I should not sit too near a fan.....and it goes on. I only have a bad cold. When she has been away I get constant messages to make sure I am ok. Have I eaten dinner? Don't go out....it looks like rain....etc etc. So don't worry about me on that score.

Thanks for reading my "book"! Pleased to answer your concerns...

Regards
Book of excuses out again.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 4:30 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am sorry for you in some ways. When you went to Philippines you were looking for a nice laid back lifestyle, and a windfall from your house in UK. If everything had gone well you would be in a good place. But the threats, the knife, the scams, the illnesses, the conniving family! Your retirement so far as been very unsettling! You obviously are very fond of her. I’m sorry I did not really understand the culture with the children until it was explained in the last few posts. Never having lived in Asia I did not really get the situation. The living “day by day” with no thought for the future is alien to us that have never lived there. I have enjoyed reading the thread, and I think it is a good outlet for you. You seem quite happy at the moment, so good luck with it all.

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Well, I am sorry for you in some ways. When you went to Philippines you were looking for a nice laid back lifestyle, and a windfall from your house in UK. If everything had gone well you would be in a good place. But the threats, the knife, the scams, the illnesses, the conniving family! Your retirement so far as been very unsettling! You obviously are very fond of her. I’m sorry I did not really understand the culture with the children until it was explained in the last few posts. Never having lived in Asia I did not really get the situation. The living “day by day” with no thought for the future is alien to us that have never lived there. I have enjoyed reading the thread, and I think it is a good outlet for you. You seem quite happy at the moment, so good luck with it all.

For me it’s not about LL giving the children up, if that’s the culture, but the fact that she wasn’t upfront with him to start with. I guess deceit is part of the culture too
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
For me it’s not about LL giving the children up, if that’s the culture, but the fact that she wasn’t upfront with him to start with. I guess deceit is part of the culture too
that's not very nice or very fair. To make a generalised statement based on one example is a little misleading don't you think ??
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestvue
that's not very nice or very fair. To make a generalised statement based on one example is a little misleading don't you think ??
Probably about right though
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 6:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestvue
It is a generalization that is held by many people the world over in regards to Philippine woman and it is not just one example. Many foreigners living in the Philippines have shared their horror stores and those of their acquaintances. Before the US Marriage-based visa forum became almost strictly used by Brits, it was open to people seeking marriage-based visa from all over the country. A great many of our members were USC who were marrying ladies from the Philippines that they met on dating site or in the 'mail order' catalogues. The former INS/BCIS were very strict about mail order brides from the Philippines and Soviet Union. In fact, the ladies of the Philippines had to undergo an intensive medical which included a full gyn examination. The relationship between the ladies and their USC future husbands were scrutinized with a fine tooth comb because of the fraudulent intentions of the ladies.

I would need more than two hands to count the number of marriages between a USC and Philippine woman that ended asa the green card was received. A handful were smart enough to wait for the USC to impregnant them and buy them the big 3K sq ft house and naturalize before they filed for divorce, alimony and in community property states 1/2 the house and 1/2 of the family monies in addition to child support for the little one. They are not stupid women. They had a goal and did what was necessary to reach it.

No, it is not every Philippine woman or man, nor is it every marriage. However, it did and does happen enough to give the female population of the Philippines a bad rep.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
. A great many of our members were USC who were marrying ladies from the Philippines that they met on dating site or in the 'mail order' catalogues. The former INS/BCIS were very strict about mail order brides from the Philippines and Soviet Union.

No, it is not every Philippine woman or man, nor is it every marriage. However, it did and does happen enough to give the female population of the Philippines a bad rep.
ok I accept that
But if you Base your perceptions of a nation on a subset of " Mail order brides" hardly a rational conclusion is it.
Fortionatly there many more Filipinas than "mail order brides."
On the danger of hijacking the thread I leave it to you to make the last comment on the subject.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

P11. I think I have come up with a solution for your sudden excess of mangoes. While I was eating my chicken vindaloo this evening I noticed that something was missing - mango chutney.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

P11's comments about siblings who never leave their own patch in UK ! Yes that is so true. Living now in Scotland where I grew up, I meet every day people whose horizons are VERY limited !
Old Jun 10th 2019, 5:32 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking good on the mango front.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-48581857
Old Jun 10th 2019, 8:20 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

More mango mania.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...no-take-effect
Old Jun 10th 2019, 8:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scot47
P11's comments about siblings who never leave their own patch in UK ! Yes that is so true. Living now in Scotland where I grew up, I meet every day people whose horizons are VERY limited !
However they may be happy and content enough which is a good thing for anyone.

Some of MrBEVS family have hardly moved a street & it does seem to have suited them well.

Old Jun 10th 2019, 10:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Why is that a bad thing? I lived in the same apartment for 41 years and was quite happy. I traveled when and if I could visiting the US, Europe and Caribbean.

My horizon never was to live anywhere other than where I was and it is only because of marriage that I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.