Me and My Family

Old May 30th 2019, 4:31 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by mikek1
P11 is obviously a desperate old man that knows he has no future
Let's be honest, nobody in their 70s has that much future! He's done his life's graft, let him enjoy the last few years as best he can.

As for your Angeles City suggestion, that really would be sad. Just a pure business transaction. Of course LL expects to be looked after, like all attractive younger women with older men, but it's much more nuanced than that. Women are far more attracted to status and wealth, while men are more attracted to beauty, vigour, and youthfulness. There's a certain crossover but on average it holds true, which is why there are so many more older man-younger woman combinations than vice versa.

Studies have shown that women are averse to marrying men with less income/wealth than them. And men are far more visual: they will always prefer a firm young filly to a wrinkly nag. You can whinge and say its not fair, but it's the truth.

As for the knife incident, I doubt there are many long-term couples who haven't had a furious argument, in which items are thrown and things get physical. I don't think she had the serious intention of killing him; she's just a passionate person whose emotions momentarily overcame her. I've had some of the best sex of my life after similar altercations!

Finally, about your question of how they'd be seen in a supermarket in UK, given the current state of homo/tranny/slut pride/miscegenation lunacy back home, they'd probably be viewed as quaintly conservative!
Old May 30th 2019, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

He's not a desperate OLD man; he's only just 70 (went out when he was 65 or 66) !
Old May 30th 2019, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P!11,
To quote from one of your earlier posts. "UK immigration rules have ruled out her obtaining a visa."
Where did you obtain that information. My now wife had no problems getting Visitors Visas before we married.
Have you ever tried?
Old May 31st 2019, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Yowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
P!11,
To quote from one of your earlier posts. "UK immigration rules have ruled out her obtaining a visa."
Where did you obtain that information. My now wife had no problems getting Visitors Visas before we married.
Have you ever tried?
We have had no problem with the two previous tourist visas, very easy actually, she visited 2017 and 2018, we only stayed in the UK for two weeks, as I had to return to work, i believe you need to have 18K in savings though, and she has to show ties back Land/House in the Philippines to be sure she will return back
Old May 31st 2019, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Elgin 1983...

Thanks for your perception on my life thus far which is most true.

I am sure you are right about the knife incidents and they were moments of anger/desperation......It is unlikely that she would have actually harmed me or herself. Others that have been in the same position think likewise. However, if she had picked up a heavy object such as a claw hammer and threw it at me, I would think differently.

Thanks again...

B....

No...I have never tried obtaining a visa for her but have looked into some time ago.

Yowzer has beat me to it and explained why it is difficult to obtain a visa for her. It says something that I as a British citizen, cannot bring my wife into the UK

Regards
Old May 31st 2019, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
There is no problem for a Visitors Visa. Do not get confused with the Spouse Visa which is for settlement in the UK.
Any how who want to go to Blighty in these confusing Brexit times. Next week is certainly a no go with The Donald visiting Betty.
Happy weekend!
Old May 31st 2019, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

B....

As far as bringing her to the UK for a visit, it really is academic now, but if circumstances change, I will look into it more closely.

Certainly agree with you with The Trump's visit to the UK. I shall watch that with interest on the news. Brexit is of no great concern to me as far as visiting is concerned.

Hosing down with rain here....forecast is poor for the next few days. Hate being stuck indoors and miss the beach sunsets with a cold beer or three....

Thanks..
Old May 31st 2019, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

May I ask what you mean by socialite?
Old May 31st 2019, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse...

***Socialite*** a person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment.

HTH
Old May 31st 2019, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Millhouse...

***Socialite*** a person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment.

HTH
thanks for the google definition.

I wondered how you mean it when you describe your wife. Largely socialite isn’t seen as a positive trait.
Old May 31st 2019, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse.....

No problem about the definition....happy to help.

Not sure if its a positive or negative trait. However, it adequately describes her outlook.

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 12:50 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Have read this thread in three spread out binges. I must say, the appearance of two more children was shocking. I understand you enjoy the lifestyle of sun, sand and cheap beer. In the UK you would have a dismal life.

You mentioned Donald Trump going to bed at night with a much younger beautiful wife. The Trump marriage is obviously a business arrangement. Who in God’s name could fall in love with him? I mean seriously.

You must admit that YOUR marriage is an arrangement. You enjoy her company - you do not want to be a lonely old man. She enjoys not working, and living off your pension. She never has taken care of her four children, which to me shows that she is in it for herself. I don’t care that you say that Filipina women can have children and then give them away. Most normal women would throw themselves under a bus to protect their children, So all-in-all you two have the perfect partnership, as long as you realise you are just a piggy bank to her. I wonder what will happen to you if you get Alzheimer’s disease, or other incapacitating illness?

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 1:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I have many, many opinions on P11's life and there's no fool like an old fool, but plenty of people are voicing that so I won't bother. It does piss me off however that some of you seem to think it's just the Filipino way. I have many friends from the Peens - some living there, some expats - who are successful and earn good money on their own without relying on a lonely old white dude for a living. Some happily married to Westerners, some single. Of course there will always be those for whom a "relationship" is a business transaction. When I first moved to Asia I found this hard to understand - especially as some of the girls looked so young. But in most of those cases, who's using who?

I also want to point out to those of you who have never lived in Asia, it's very common for women to go work abroad to earn a decent living, to send money home to their families. They often do this by looking after other people's families. We "wealthy" people take advantage of this, we contribute to this. They may not see their children for years, and it's usual for their extended families to bring them up. They might lose the parent-child bond and relationships - and finances - become blurred. Many maids support their extended families. Please don't think that it's not hard - I've spoken to friends' maids who really find it to be but they want better lives for their children. Can't knock that.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Mallory.....

****You must admit that YOUR marriage is an arrangement***** Explain to me how you figure that? I have lived here for 4 yrs and at any point prior to marriage 6 months ago, I could have moved out with ease. As many have pointed out in this column, an ex-pat like me would have no problem finding a partner. Indeed, during that time, I have had several subtle hints from other women. Also I could have joined many of the sexpats in Angeles as an example and lived a life of debauchery with no ties or responsibilities. But I didn't. Instead, I married her.

*****she enjoys not working***** Again, how do you figure that out? She has been running an on-line jewelry business for 4 yrs which involves a lot of running about collecting/sending money and receiving and sending packages. Plus many hours on-line advertising and dealing with customers.

I agree with you in part about her children. But she gives her two boys an allowance each week and provides their needs for school. The two girls, she sends them money for their educational needs. She didn't have to do this....it is Philippine law that it is the fathers responsibility to take care of children when couples are separated. However, she recognizes that the fathers do not have the financial means to do this. But yes...I find it most strange that she does not interact more with her children. Also strange that her mother gave their 3rd daughter away at birth because he was a boy. It is not uncommon in Philippine culture. But mystifying to us.

As far as looking after me is concerned in old age.....The only reservation I have on that is that I will be over cossetted. I have had the dreaded lurgy for the past couple of weeks. She is treating it like the black death. Going out and getting cough medicines,,,headache pills....remonstrating that I should not sit too near a fan.....and it goes on. I only have a bad cold. When she has been away I get constant messages to make sure I am ok. Have I eaten dinner? Don't go out....it looks like rain....etc etc. So don't worry about me on that score.

Thanks for reading my "book"! Pleased to answer your concerns...

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kooky.
I have many, many opinions on P11's life and there's no fool like an old fool, but plenty of people are voicing that so I won't bother. It does piss me off however that some of you seem to think it's just the Filipino way. I have many friends from the Peens - some living there, some expats - who are successful and earn good money on their own without relying on a lonely old white dude for a living. Some happily married to Westerners, some single. Of course there will always be those for whom a "relationship" is a business transaction. When I first moved to Asia I found this hard to understand - especially as some of the girls looked so young. But in most of those cases, who's using who?

I also want to point out to those of you who have never lived in Asia, it's very common for women to go work abroad to earn a decent living, to send money home to their families. They often do this by looking after other people's families. We "wealthy" people take advantage of this, we contribute to this. They may not see their children for years, and it's usual for their extended families to bring them up. They might lose the parent-child bond and relationships - and finances - become blurred. Many maids support their extended families. Please don't think that it's not hard - I've spoken to friends' maids who really find it to be but they want better lives for their children. Can't knock that.
well said K. Not many western women would leave their children to others to bring up. Then again they can rely on their government for funding. Where's OFWs have to give up family life so their kids don't starve.
On p11s case one must realise LL was also an OFW. Not saying she shouldn't have told him though.
Having seen the living conditions of OFWs overseas they deserve all the credit that is due. Not everybody is lucky enough to be a westerner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.