Me and My Family

Old Jan 17th 2019, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Sierra Leone....

My father got posted there in the late 50's and we were there until they gained Independence in about 1960 I think. He was in the Army and Bandmaster of the Regimental Band. We lived in Wilberforce and another place next to the Army hospital. Fantastic memories as a young kid and its a shame to see what has happened since Independence. A country rich in minerals and diamond mining is living in poverty.

Regards
Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Sierra Leone....

My father got posted there in the late 50's and we were there until they gained Independence in about 1960 I think. He was in the Army and Bandmaster of the Regimental Band. We lived in Wilberforce and another place next to the Army hospital. Fantastic memories as a young kid and its a shame to see what has happened since Independence. A country rich in minerals and diamond mining is living in poverty.

Regards
look at Venezuela these days..
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have a car but it is only used once a month on the main shop/bank in main town, all other times jeepney, buss, tricycle etc are used. Never been a family taxi as no means no. The only downfall of owning a car was that my missus wanted to learn to drive, excuse - just in case I got ill and she could drive me to hospital, I explained that I did not want to arrive with a heart attack as well, couple of days with the hump and it has never been spoken about since
Stokkevn sounds exactly like a man after my own heart - "No means no". And of course it should. I've never forgotten the phrase, 'One has to be 'cruel' to be kind'.......cruel of course in the nicest possible sense. Sensible rules should be made and always adhered to.
Having followed this thread right from the begining, our friend Phil11 obviously has his own rules which imho has led to him being his own very worst enemy. His "no" generally means "yes", which is a recipe for disaster where women - and especially children are involved.
Having said that, if his "no's" really did mean that, we would all have been deprived of a fascinating tale.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:52 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have a car but it is only used once a month on the main shop/bank in main town, all other times jeepney, buss, tricycle etc are used. Never been a family taxi as no means no. The only downfall of owning a car was that my missus wanted to learn to drive, excuse - just in case I got ill and she could drive me to hospital, I explained that I did not want to arrive with a heart attack as well, couple of days with the hump and it has never been spoken about since
Wife not allowed to drive. Bit like Saudi Arabia then.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Not meaning to speak for Stokkevn, but it sounds more like 'doesn't want wife to be driving the family around all day, every day'
Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
She had 3 different driving instructors in the UK and all said that she could not concentrate on driving and her cousin here said she would not take her out again after the first training session.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11, haven't followed your thread since your wedding for various reasons but holy shit just caught up and pretty much speechless. Got to say its a shame that your situation to the observer casts such a sad and negative view of Filipinas and their families. My second wife a Filipina was a bitch and she and her family would have taken me for all I had backing up your situation. My darling now of 10 years is bloody fantastic and she and her family ask for nothing. I must say when I lived in PI I lost my rag the odd time but would be very hesitant about complaining about anything, its all smiles and civility but one day they will bite back, only a matter of time. Getting involved with any authorities for any reason was the domain of my wife but in your situation I would never sleep at all and once you owe money all bets are off. I have no knowledge at all about your wifes health but when my 2nd wife was scheming to leave she suffered from everything under the sun including depression etc etc. Just saying. One more point if I may, when you say it is not your darlings fault for her business falling over, it is her bloody fault it was her business and her decisions lost YOU a lot of money. Congratulations on getting this far good on you but don't end up as a by line in your local paper in the UK. Regards Mike
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the people I have known who haed Filipina or Thai wives ended up dead - usually under mysterious circumstances.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi scot47, its bedtime here in New Zealand, now 11 and I will be unable to sleep soundly.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Most of the people I have known who haed Filipina or Thai wives ended up dead - usually under mysterious circumstances.
All good marriages end in death.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:19 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

still kicking here!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
All good marriages end in death.
Hopefully mine will be by being shot at the age of 105 by a jealous husband.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell - my brother married a Thai & is now married to a Filipina!
Old Feb 8th 2019, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

P11,

You have gone quiet...............is it still all love and roses � ����?
Old Feb 9th 2019, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

Yes Mikek1....time for an update. And to quote Her majesty....the Annus Horribilus has got worse.

About a week ago, my wife and I had a disagreement on money issues. No surprise there then. She slept in a separate bedroom and at about 3.00 am got up and after a shower and coffee left the house. I knew not where she was going. Personally, I didn't really care and decided not to contact her on her disappearance.

Now....long story short. Later that afternoon, I got word she had checked into hospital in the "Big City". 5hrs away. She had a recurrence of her abdominal pains. I got down there as quick as I could and because there were no rooms available, was staying at our close friends house. We stayed there a few days waiting for yet another Ultra Sound and the results found nothing. Except that her slightly enlarged liver was now normal. However, her pancreas reading was high....whatever that means. Doctor sent her on her way with tablets for acid reflux which I thought was nonsense. During the days away....she was her happy normal self. We need to have further blood tests in a day or so and see what transpires from that. Doctor advised that any recurrence will need more invasive investigation....which will be expensive. I will leave it that, except those with a long memory will remember a few years ago something similar happened. Under the same circumstances, she travelled to the big city in the early hours because she had a very severe headache. Brain scan revealed nothing and she was sent on her way clutching a dozen paracetamol.

We got back a few days ago and our newly acquired puppy .....a shih Tzu (won by her in a raffle) became very ill the next day. Lethargic, not eating, vomiting and diarrhea. She took him to the vet the next day (I trust vets as much as I trust doctors....which is not a lot) and was told to force feed him food and water plus some medication. The diarrhea became bloody and looked like tar. He sometimes vomited blood. Always vomited after having something shoved down his throat. I was not happy about all this....but who can argue with a vet? I was not invited to accompany the puppy to the vet. Sadly, the dog died yesterday. She is deeply upset over the loss of her puppy and although only had him for a few weeks, it helped her with her stress. I am deeply saddened also. For her.

Her ill-health continues but appears to be improving. Her hormonal/stress problem appears to be improving ......but with the loss of her beloved puppy, I don't know how this will affect her recovery. Her abdominal problem still appears to be unresolved but blood tests soon may or may not point us in the right direction.

Her debts have now been largely paid off. However, it will leave me with credit card debt for years to come. But its manageable. She has been told in no uncertain terms that if anything else surfaces on the financial side, I will no longer be able to support her families rental and will have to reduce her monthly allowance. Or....she will have to get a job. Or.....the biggy.....I will have to return to the UK and get a job. The last solution did hit home. However, my fall back position is pragmatic. If I was rich...I cannot take my money with me when I am put into the ground. The same as I cannot take my debts with me also. It will be her problem.

There are a couple of other things here bubbling under which I wont go into just yet. I have a very suspicious mind now and I am probably wrong......but I will leave that as it is. For now.

This year has been poor. I am just waiting for the time when I regale you with funny stories of my life here. I fervently hope it wont be too long.

Take care all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.