Me and My Family

Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by BEVS
The intrigue for me is what is a Jallosy?
I think P11 is spelling it incorrectly. It's "jalousie". They're louvred windows that the slats tilt to open or close.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 10:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think P11 is spelling it incorrectly. It's "jalousie". They're louvred windows that the slats tilt to open or close.
Which makes you wonder if left open, how long and thin was the person's arm to reach through and rummage through the handbag to find the purse? A child's arm is too short and an adult's might be to thick to fit through the slot. Or did the Missus do the deed and deposited the purse out the wallet once they got home? And do they tilt up or down? Up will make it next to impossible to grab the handbag and rummage through it. Me brain is fried just thinking about it.

Where the hell is Nancy Drew when you need her???????????????????
Old Jan 14th 2019, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Agree . It is a little confusing for me too and I use the words differently.

A man uses a wallet for his cash & cards.

A woman uses a handbag to keep assorted un-needed bits and bobs in
plus she has a purse to keep her cash and cards .

The purse lives in the dark confines of the handbag which remains with the woman through thick and thin, even when dancing.

The wallet lives in the man's trouser pocket.

In the US a purse is what we Brits call a handbag.

In the US a wallet is what we Brits call a purse...a wallet is something men use.

A fanny pack is what we Brits call a bum bag.

A fanny is what we Brits call a bum/bottom/arse.

End of today’s lesson.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 11:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
In the US a purse is what we Brits call a handbag.

In the US a wallet is what we Brits call a purse...a wallet is something men use.

A fanny pack is what we Brits call a bum bag.

A fanny is what we Brits call a bum/bottom/arse.

End of today’s lesson.
JG, you didn't explain what Brits mean when they say fanny
Old Jan 15th 2019, 12:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree . It is a little confusing for me too and I use the words differently.

A man uses a wallet for his cash & cards.

A woman uses a handbag to keep assorted un-needed bits and bobs in
plus she has a purse to keep her cash and cards .

The purse lives in the dark confines of the handbag which remains with the woman through thick and thin, even when dancing.

The wallet lives in the man's trouser pocket.

Not in my world. I can't remember the last time I used a handbag. Must have been in the 80s though. I only ever carry a purse and keys, phone in back pocket. I do not understand handbags at all.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 12:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
JG, you didn't explain what Brits mean when they say fanny
Foo foo.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings and Salutations

Thanks for your comments......which are all welcome.

Gazza.... ***Sounds like an inside job, the wallet was thrown out from inside the room. Hence the bag not being moved****** Yes. That crossed my mind. No idea what the investigating officer thinks about that. But the bamboo bed against the wall outside our bedroom certainly looked like it was damaged by someone climbing the wall and jumping on it. But that could have been there before.

Expatrick. .... Yes, I had to replace the allowance. That was for food, rent, utilities and the rest. An additional expense that I could have lived without.

Rete.....Fair comments as usual. Thankyou. Total cost of the check-up, scan, D and C plus first injection was just over 4k. Although the visit wasn't planned.....she was just there in the Big City to get some prescription meds which we cannot get here and it was an impulse visit to the hospital. But, it looks as though female intuition paid off on this occasion. Thankfully. The jalousie (thanks Dorothy for the spelling) opens vertically and when opened leaves a gap of about 6" between each slat. I am of slim build and get my arm through. I suspect a sumo wrestler might have a problem. Most fillipinos here are about the same build as me. Outside the jalousie we have bars. The handbag could not be dragged through it but her purse/wallet could obviously.

And finally.....Fanny. Never knew the Americans and Brits have different interpretations of that word. Until I worked with them at NATO in Italy. It took a while to sink in that I was thinking at cross purposes with their exultations of female anatomy.... I will just let that hang there. If you excuse the expression.

I shall regale you with the story of her admission to hospital later...

Regards
Old Jan 15th 2019, 1:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not in my world. I can't remember the last time I used a handbag. Must have been in the 80s though. I only ever carry a purse and keys, phone in back pocket. I do not understand handbags at all.
Me neither really but I have seen combs ; brushes ; phones; make-up ; tissues : meds ; spectacles and sunglasses ; penknives; notepads and pens/pencils & spare knickers all appear out of a handbag. Oh and the man's wallet sometimes to for 'safe keeping'.

Ums. If a fanny is where a bum sits , then what is it for a dickey-dido .
Old Jan 15th 2019, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Me neither really but I have seen combs ; brushes ; phones; make-up ; tissues : meds ; spectacles and sunglasses ; penknives; notepads and pens/pencils & spare knickers all appear out of a handbag. Oh and the man's wallet sometimes to for 'safe keeping'.
you forgot " the kitchen sink " my wife's handbag is so heavy I can't even lift it. She spends most of her free time looking in it for her lost phone.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit concerned about the fibroids, How long was she in hostpital. Removal is a major operation and would require.several days or week in hostpital. Easy to check for the stitches across the bikini line.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 6:53 am
`

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I'm a bit concerned about the fibroids, How long was she in hostpital. Removal is a major operation and would require.several days or week in hostpital. Easy to check for the stitches across the bikini line.
I must admit I did wonder that. It would make for terrible periods etc but not for mood changes as such. I lived with my own.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Gazza .....My mistake. I stand corrected. It was a uterine polyp from what I understand. She said it was the size of a small pea. No idea why she didn't bring it home and have it put on display on the mantelpiece. Although I suspect it would have been checked to see if it was malignant or not. Vast majority are benign.

Regards
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:48 am
`

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Gazza .....My mistake. I stand corrected. It was a uterine polyp from what I understand. She said it was the size of a small pea. No idea why she didn't bring it home and have it put on display on the mantelpiece. Although I suspect it would have been checked to see if it was malignant or not. Vast majority are benign.

Regards
Yup. Lived with that also without mood swings and the like. It is just rather a nuisance all round.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
My very large fibroid (surgeon described it as a large baby's head) was removed by keyhole surgery. Granted each hole was stitched but certainly no bikini line scar.

A polyp is a hugely different kettle of fish obviously but better out than in.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Which makes you wonder if left open, how long and thin was the person's arm to reach through and rummage through the handbag to find the purse? A child's arm is too short and an adult's might be to thick to fit through the slot. Or did the Missus do the deed and deposited the purse out the wallet once they got home? And do they tilt up or down? Up will make it next to impossible to grab the handbag and rummage through it. Me brain is fried just thinking about it.

Where the hell is Nancy Drew when you need her???????????????????
You have obviously never come across the Nigerian fishermen, who with a fishing rod and great dexterity could empty your bedroom of anything of value through the iron bars, watch wallet, shoes, glasses, even open the wardrobe and have it away with any decent cloths, the last thing they took was your blanket. That is when you woke up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.