Me and My Family

Old Jan 9th 2019, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

B....

Perhaps you are right. However, I was informed that it was a private doctor who required to be paid separately. Added to this, my wife was desperate to get out of the place and having waited all day to get out and facing a 5hr bus ride home......I was in no mood to argue. I should have checked the invoice thoroughly before leaving to find out that he had already been paid. Having scrutinized the statement now we are home, I have found further anomalies which I will take up with them. I also had an altercation with the nurse prior to the event which I will go into later. But I reiterate....my main concern was to get her out of there, and they were not going to release her until the bill had been fully paid.

Regards
Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like the cloud, or curse, that surrounded you in 2018 has followed you and your household into 2019. Honestly, I don't know how or why you continue to live where you are living. If this all boils down to her family and/or family friends or your landlady, then you need to pack up and move to another island or the other side of the one you are on. They have been the bane of your existence since you have taken up with your wife. Can you wish you relief from all the troubles that have befallen you.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

playing devil's advocate, why are we so sure it's an inside job?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite normal to pay the doctor seprartely as the hospitals are not very good at passing it on.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If i may make a little point here.

I don't interest myself or BE with what may or may not be written elsewhere away from BE.

Myself & the mod team spent quite some time ensuring that the OPs personal details were edited & removed from this thread. We did that to ensure the OPs privacy here on BE.

Please respect that .
Old Jan 9th 2019, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Personally I am not convinced but a little suspicious, as I think the OP might be too!
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The first time (that we know of) the OP get burgled is immediately after the wife withdraws a large sum of money and leaves it in a room that then gets broken into? What are the chances?
Old Jan 10th 2019, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't interest myself or BE with what may or may not be written elsewhere away from BE.

Myself & the mod team spent quite some time ensuring that the OPs personal details were edited & removed from this thread. We did that to ensure the OPs privacy here on BE.

Please respect that .
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Originally Posted by BEVS

Please respect that .

Not clear on what action or comment resulted in this cautionary post.
Those posts have been deleted.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings....

I was going to write about the burglary and my suspicions plus my wifes admittance to hospital today, but I have spent a lot of the day trying to get an anti-rabies jab after being bitten by our dog yesterday. I will actually have the jab tomorrow....I think. 2019 is not going so well. So instead I will answer a few points.

Rete....Thank you for your kind words. A refreshing change and always welcomed.

Gazza.....I take your point about hospitals not always passing on dr's fees but my itemized bill clearly states his fee which I paid as part of the total amount. I have had to pay an additional 7k without a receipt. This stinks. The hospital has initially replied stating I should take the matter up with him... (she has an appointment with him in 3 weeks time). I did not accept this and now they say the fee that is itemized is what Philhealth has paid. Philhealth may well have paid that amount.....but his total fee should have been shown in the statement. Over 9k is a huge amount to pay for a doctor who saw her on two occasions only and for a total of about 30 mins. I believe they are waffling and told them the matter will be reported to the Dept of Health if not resolved. As a separate issue....I mentioned my dispute with SMART which I thought was resolved I have another 2 months bills for a service which has not been used for over a year and for a contract that expired 10 months ago. And they no longer listen to my complaints. Add DTI to the Dept of Health.....

Bevs......I thank you and all Mods for monitoring this thread. Anonymity is paramount for me and again I appreciate all the work that was involved last year by the team to ensure that it remained that way.

Again....thanks all for your interest and replies

Regards
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

I was going to write about the burglary and my suspicions plus my wifes admittance to hospital today, but I have spent a lot of the day trying to get an anti-rabies jab after being bitten by our dog yesterday. I will actually have the jab tomorrow.
All I can say is if it was not for all this bad luck you would have had no luck at all.

As soon as you get any dog get the local municipal vet round to give it it's anti-rabies and anti everything else jab and it is free. Until that time under no circumstances put your finger in it's mouth. I don't envy you the rabies jab, they are painful and I don't know about now but you used to have to have 4 of them.

I bet you can not wait for 2020 to turn up.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

My son had 3 jabs before he travelled to Southern Africa. I have heard it's 4 jabs after the event, assuming you are in time. Washing the wound immediately with hot soapy water is recommended. What makes you think the dog has rabbies.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 7:44 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi P11, no comment on anything else but I wanted to confirm that liver problems definitely can cause abdominal pain. I have had a sensitive liver for years and occasionally have severe pain in my right side. Doctors on two continents have struggled to tell me why I have this problem. I've never been more than an occasional drinker, I've never been a drug user (and hell I've never smoked so much as a cigarette). Having Dengue in Singapore didn't help - took me about a year to recover from, but they said it was because I already had the problem. They suspected drug induced hepatitis but a biopsy said otherwise.

Has your wife taken a lot of medication over the years? My liver is very sensitive to meds - e.g., when I break bones (I have osteoporosis, I break easily) and take strong meds, I know what will happen and my LFT results go screwy. In my case I can only think that ten years on the Pill, several years on nurofen and hormone treatments for endometriosis, followed by an early hysterectomy and then being put straight onto conventional HRT at 35 (which I changed to BHRT after 8 years but then was on for a further 10), has not helped.

I avoid all medication if possible, and rarely take more than a panadol. If your wife is on anything for her "hormone problems", maybe start there. Treat the cause, not the symptoms.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

P11, has she had her gallbladder looked at? Raised ALT is common in gallbladder pancreatitis. I remember the right sided upper abdominal pain when I had gallstones.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings...

Thanks for your replies.

Rabies jabs... Yes, I understand there are 4 in total taken over a period of about 10 days if I remember correctly. I don't believe he has rabies and I understand symptoms in a dog appear in about 10 days. Her indoors is insistent I have the jabs and I don't blame her really. The disease is normally fatal. I will look into the free inoculations for the dog......assuming it can be done in this sleepy hollow and doesn't require an all day return journey to the "Big City".

kooky....Thanks for your helpful and sympathetic reply about her liver problems. In the absence of consumption of excess alcohol and hepatitis, liver problems as you know can be caused by side effects of various drugs. Research tells me pain killers as well as hormonal drugs as you suggest. She tells me this morning that the Dr supervising her hospital treatment did not ask her what medication she was using. Her condition could have been induced by side effects of her treatment for hormonal problems. One of those prescribed drugs is Diane 35 which I have just researched can cause liver problems. I find it negligent that a doctor does not ask basic questions before treating a patient.

Dorothy.... Her gall bladder has only been looked at insofar of the results of the ultra sound and nothing abnormal noticed. I assume raised ALT is the same as SGPT. She has to have this re-checked in a months time.

Not sure what to do about this 7k that I had to pay which I believe to be a scam. The hospital has not yet responded to my Dept of Health threat. The Dr concerned visits here once per week and she has to see him in one month. I don't want to rock the boat too much as we all know things can get nasty out here on such matters....I think I might just mention it when we go to see him. But I am a bit narked about it. Actually seething would be a more appropriate description.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.