Me and My Family

Old Dec 14th 2018, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

S - O - S.....

I stand suitably chastised and corrected....

Regards
Old Dec 14th 2018, 10:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ringworm is a fungal infection. Roundworm is a worm parasite.
Originally Posted by Rete
Well now it was classified as "worm" and it was in a ring ... could have been either then.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A ring on the skin is fungal...no worms are involved despite the name. Roundworms are wriggly parasitic works, living in the the digestive track.
I foster cats and have had my share of cats with ringworm and whoo hoo, have been given it from them. As JG says 'worm' doesn't mean worm. Total misnomer. Had cats with Roundworm as well, thankfully they haven't passed that one on. Yay go me!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2018, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I foster cats and have had my share of cats with ringworm and whoo hoo, have been given it from them. As JG says 'worm' doesn't mean worm. Total misnomer. Had cats with Roundworm as well, thankfully they haven't passed that one on. Yay go me!!!!
Thank you and that is supper back in the fridge

Last edited by Stokkevn; Dec 14th 2018 at 11:04 am.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 11:06 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sounds about as feasible as "women's problems" causing homicidal tendencies.
You have obviously never met my wife!

pregnancy had the same effect too!
Old Dec 15th 2018, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

This epistolary novella needs an injection of major drama
Old Jan 7th 2019, 2:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Philosophical, how are they hangin'? Are you still alive? Tick one:
Yes, and happy about it
Yes, but I wish I wasn't
No (hang on, that won't work will it)
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse...

Thanks for your concerns. Yes I have been a bit tardy in updating but there has been a few things going on here which has taken my time. These include.....a break-in, robbery at a bus terminal.....up before the Brgy Capt.....acquisition of a small dog (by lottery...groan) and my wife has been in hospital for a few days. Will update probably tomorrow.

Many thanks
Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Egads, P11. When will it ever stop for you. Peace, tranquility and morning sunrises and evening sunsets should be the only events in your life with a cold brew in your hand or a good cup of java.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings....

We had a robbery in the house just before Xmas and I have a foreboding that this was not a straight forward robbery. My wife drew out all her allowance a few days prior to the robbery which is something she rarely (if ever does). Ok, we were at our local bank about 2hr bus ride away and she decided to take the opportunity to withdraw everything over the counter instead of visits to the local ATM here. Her reasoning was that over the Xmas period the ATM's here would be very busy or not working at all. Feasible I guess. The next evening we went to the beach as per usual at the allotted time and she left her hand bag containing the wallet on the bed near to the jallosy (sp). The lock of which was broken. We came back a couple of hours later and I noticed the jallosy was open and I drew her attention to it. She immediately went for her handbag and pronounced the wallet missing. I found it later outside the bedroom window with all her money missing. All her credit cards (my expired ones which she likes to keep for show) plus ATM card was intact. Plus a bit of foreign currency. The PNP was called and they expressed surprise that she left her handbag in a vulnerable position knowing that the jallosy could not be locked. They thought they(he) jumped the wall which would be possible but we have an exterior security light there plus a dummy CCTV with a red light winking at them. I will give you the reasons for my concerns next time to save time today.

About a week later, we were at the "big city" a 5 hr bus ride away. The queue for the bus to return home was jammed packed with much pushing and shoving. Once on the bus, I checked my wallet and found it gone. 10k was missing plus ATM, credit and debit cards. Also ACR card. So now I was stuffed with no money. Fortunately, a friend here has returned a favour and lent me some money to help out. I have never been a victim of a pick pocket before and felt violated. The money was one thing, but the hassle of having to replace the missing cards was another.

One of her creditors reported her to the Brgy Capt here....and she refused to go to see him. Call it pride, embarrassment or whatever....I don't know. But the Brgy Capt and her family do not get on. The day of the hearing came and fortunately for her, she was away at the "big city" to take her sister in law to hospital for a check-up. This was the one who was involved in the RTA. The claimant stated that she did not want to deal with me but only with my wife and the Brgy Sec set about arranging another hearing. I wanted to negotiate a payment plan over 3 months but because my wife stated that she would refuse to attend, I decided to protect her and offered full payment of 26k within one week. This was accepted. I am dismayed that my wife did not have the courage to face this creditor.....if she did, then I feel that I could have negotiated a payment plan over 3 months. If the Brgy Capt accepted that we had no money to pay immediately, I would have thought he would have had to accept my proposal.

We have a dog. A Shih Tzu puppy. She saw it advertised locally on FB on a raffle....and she won. She has always wanted a small cute dog and I was non-committed to the idea. Not fond of dogs personally. Except if it was a guard dog. Anyway, I was concerned that she would keep it in a cage like they all do here and I would have strongly objected. But fortunately, it lives in Waddlys old house and she only brings it out when she wants to play with it. Fortunately, she has grown to the idea that dogs like human company and is only locked in at night. She cannot get over the idea that dogs have a doggy smell and washes him everyday. But the odour still lingers. It is a dog after all. Being a puppy, its a bit too boisterous for her and I have to lock him outside our house. Fortunately, we have large grounds where he can go and ruminate and chase after anything that moves. I have grown to like the little fella.

She has been suffering from lower abdominal pains on the right side for a few days and got progressively acute. She ended up in hospital. I will tell the horror story of that next time. But she is out now and recuperating. She was suffering from an enlarged liver.. (no....she does not normally touch alcohol and it was not hepatitis)... I thought it was going to be gall stones or appendicitis requiring an operation and I was beside myself on how to pay....no credit cards or ATM card and little in the bank. She was out after 3 days and the story of her admittance was one out of a horror story....but that's for next time. I believe the doctor has ripped me off to the tune of 7k and I have taken that up with the hospital. The doctor has no idea what has caused the liver enlargement which is disconcerting.

She still suffers from severe hormone problems....its now been 3 months. For you ladies out there...you can imagine how a 5 day cycle feels when it lasts 3 months. So as you can imagine....with all the stress of her debts, hormones and now liver problems....she is not a happy bunny. I am not exactly jumping through hoops either. I am tired and drained. But life cannot get any worse. Or can it?

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jan 9th 2019 at 4:14 am.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

We had a robbery in the house just before Xmas and I have a foreboding that this was not a straight forward robbery. My wife drew out all her allowance a few days prior to the robbery which is something she rarely (if ever does). Ok, we were at our local bank about 2hr bus ride away and she decided to take the opportunity to withdraw everything over the counter instead of visits to the local ATM here. Her reasoning was that over the Xmas period the ATM's here would be very busy or not working at all. Feasible I guess. The next evening we went to the beach as per usual at the allotted time and she left her hand bag containing the wallet on the bed near to the jallosy (sp). The lock of which was broken. We came back a couple of hours later and I noticed the jallosy was open and I drew her attention to it. She immediately went for her handbag and pronounced the wallet missing. I found it later outside the bedroom window with all her money missing. All her credit cards (my expired ones which she likes to keep for show) plus ATM card was intact. Plus a bit of foreign currency. The PNP was called and they expressed surprise that she left her handbag in a vulnerable position knowing that the jallosy could not be locked. They thought they(he) jumped the wall which would be possible but we have an exterior security light there plus a dummy CCTV with a red light winking at them. I will give you the reasons for my concerns next time to save time today.

About a week later, we were at the "big city" a 5 hr bus ride away. The queue for the bus to return home was jammed packed with much pushing and shoving. Once on the bus, I checked my wallet and found it gone. 10k was missing plus ATM, credit and debit cards. Also ACR card. So now I was stuffed with no money. Fortunately, a friend here has returned a favour and lent me some money to help out. I have never been a victim of a pick pocket before and felt violated. The money was one thing, but the hassle of having to replace the missing cards was another.

One of her creditors reported her to the Brgy Capt here....and she refused to go to see him. Call it pride, embarrassment or whatever....I don't know. But the Brgy Capt and her family do not get on. The day of the hearing came and fortunately for her, she was away at the "big city" to take her sister in law to hospital for a check-up. This was the one who was involved in the RTA. The claimant stated that she did not want to deal with me but only with my wife and the Brgy Sec set about arranging another hearing. I wanted to negotiate a payment plan over 3 months but because my wife stated that she would refuse to attend, I decided to protect her and offered full payment of 26k within one week. This was accepted. I am dismayed that my wife did not have the courage to face this creditor.....if she did, then I feel that I could have negotiated a payment plan over 3 months. If the Brgy Capt accepted that we had no money to pay immediately, I would have thought he would have had to accept my proposal.

We have a dog. A Shih Tzu puppy. She saw it advertised locally on FB on a raffle....and she won. She has always wanted a small cute dog and I was non-committed to the idea. Not fond of dogs personally. Except if it was a guard dog. Anyway, I was concerned that she would keep it in a cage like they all do here and I would have strongly objected. But fortunately, it lives in Waddlys old house and she only brings it out when she wants to play with it. Fortunately, she has grown to the idea that dogs like human company and is only locked in at night. She cannot get over the idea that dogs have a doggy smell and washes him everyday. But the odour still lingers. It is a dog after all. Being a puppy, its a bit too boisterous for her and I have to lock him outside our house. Fortunately, we have large grounds where he can go and ruminate and chase after anything that moves. I have grown to like the little fella.

She has been suffering from lower abdominal pains on the right side for a few days and got progressively acute. She ended up in hospital. I will tell the horror story of that next time. But she is out now and recuperating. She was suffering from an enlarged liver.. (no....she does not normally touch alcohol and it was not hepatitis)... I thought it was going to be gall stones or appendicitis requiring an operation and I was beside myself on how to pay....no credit cards or ATM card and little in the bank. She was out after 3 days and the story of her admittance was one out of a horror story....but that's for next time. I believe the doctor has ripped me off to the tune of 7k and I have taken that up with the hospital. The doctor has no idea what has caused the liver enlargement which is disconcerting.

She still suffers from severe hormone problems....its now been 3 months. For you ladies out there...you can imagine how a 5 day cycle feels when it lasts 3 months. So as you can imagine....with all the stress of her debts, hormones and now liver problems....she is not a happy bunny. I am not exactly jumping through hoops either. I am tired and drained. But life cannot get any worse. Or can it?

Regards
Sorry to hear that life is not what one wishes for in retirement.
Re your wife's health issues and doctors: I have never heard of lower abdominal problems caused by an enlarged liver. Never ever heard of a liver problem causing pain. I'm not familiar with Phil. healthcare quality but it sounds like the docs are only interested in raking in money. The way you describe the "hormonal problems" I feel there is something seriously wrong and it is not just an imbalance (from my female point of view). Is there no other doctor option than who she saw until now?
Best wishes.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

P11 - seems like 2019 has not had a good start. Ref your robbery you, or at least your wife, made the classic mistake of leaving money in a wallet. I only go to the bank once a month so there is sometime quite a bit of cash around the house, most of mine is hidden in books, despite having a safe where I only keep a few 1,000. Never heard of a robber touching a book out here. Always carry a dummy wallet in your back pocket ( expired cards etc and a couple hundred peso ) when traveling on public transport the rest carry in your front pockets. I have seen signs saying "Beware of pickpockets" never put your hand on your wallet as there are normally spotters who phone ahead to say what you look like and where your valuables are.

Small dogs will never frighten a burglar but they are nervous so are always the first to bark. So now you need to get a big dog. Little one wakes him up, he fights off the robber.

Hospitals here regard every potential patient as a prisoner and one to be kept there on false pretenses as long as possible. A friend's wife was kept in hospital for 8 days with mild pneumonia, NHS say send home same day or 1 overnight if other medical complications. You escaped lightly if you only paid P7k, another friend was held for 3 days for water on the knee, in the UK this is handled by your GP.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 9:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like an inside job!
Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like an inside job!

Agreed, two supposedly unconnected events point to more than a coincidence.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

T2016....

You were not to know because I haven't told the story about the 3 day hospital stay. But she had a full abdomen ultra sound scan at the hospital and the only thing it showed was an enlarged liver. No signs of gall stones or appendicitis. The pain area was too high for kidney stones of which there were no signs. The blood test showed high SGPT which indicates either heart or liver problems. The medication she is now on is for infection, liver and pain relief. She is now comfortable and has to return for another check on SGPT in a few weeks time. She also had an X ray which showed nothing. Her hormonal problems.....As previously stated she has been to two OBGyne's and had two scans with relevant medicines. The drugs have not worked and they...plus her local doctor has put it down to stress.

Stokkevn....

The total bill for her 3 day stay came to about 32k of which 7.5k was paid by Philhealth. However, the official paperwork (itemized statement) came to 25k. The additional 7k came about from a note scribbled on a piece of cardboard that I should pay 7k at the nurses station for the doctor. They could not find a receipt book and said I could collect one here when we revisited the doctor after another blood test in a few weeks time. I noticed on the official invoice when I got home that I had already paid nearly 3k to the said doctor. The hospital is still looking into it. I suspect the nurses scammed me which I willexplain later....

Regards.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
T2016....

You were not to know because I haven't told the story about the 3 day hospital stay. But she had a full abdomen ultra sound scan at the hospital and the only thing it showed was an enlarged liver. No signs of gall stones or appendicitis. The pain area was too high for kidney stones of which there were no signs. The blood test showed high SGPT which indicates either heart or liver problems. The medication she is now on is for infection, liver and pain relief. She is now comfortable and has to return for another check on SGPT in a few weeks time. She also had an X ray which showed nothing. Her hormonal problems.....As previously stated she has been to two OBGyne's and had two scans with relevant medicines. The drugs have not worked and they...plus her local doctor has put it down to stress.

Stokkevn....

The total bill for her 3 day stay came to about 32k of which 7.5k was paid by Philhealth. However, the official paperwork (itemized statement) came to 25k. The additional 7k came about from a note scribbled on a piece of cardboard that I should pay 7k at the nurses station for the doctor. They could not find a receipt book and said I could collect one here when we revisited the doctor after another blood test in a few weeks time. I noticed on the official invoice when I got home that I had already paid nearly 3k to the said doctor. The hospital is still looking into it. I suspect the nurses scammed me which I willexplain later....

Regards.
I'm really surprised that with all your experiences in 3 plus years in the Philippines that you fell for the scam.
I have been here for 7 years, six of which I have been happily married. I live on the Eastern fringes of the big bad city and have never encountered a problem. Perhaps I'm a tad more cynical.
Three years in Lagos tends to have that effect on ones outlook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.