Me and My Family

Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Sushifan....

My pensions equate to about 10 - 15 x times the average wage here. The debts racked up is by my wifes business failure as previously outlined here.

Hope that clears it up for you

Regards
Old Dec 13th 2018, 11:02 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Morpeth...

** i get the impression you enjoy the drama *** You cannot be more wrong. I came to the Philippines over 3 yrs ago to the land of milk and honey and meet my lovely lady. Now, the milk and honey has morphed into Beirut and my lovely lady has turned into a wife with a severe stress disorder prone to suicidal and violent behavior. Her family who once loved me now probably see me as a drunk wife beater who gives her no money. I am also faced with debts which will take about 6 months or so clear ...at best. It has affected my health over the past couple of months and I live from day to day wondering what else is going to rear its ugly head. Trying to keep a calm disposition and help my volatile wife is not easy. I think I have made my point.

My detractors here will say that I have made my bed and I must lay in it. Correct. I shamefully left my last wife in circumstances on which I am not proud. As I lay in this metaphorical bed I can see the bedroom door. It wont take much now to get up...open the door....and walk away. But this time without any shame.

Regards
Would you have moved to the Philippines without the prospect of a young lady friend/carer?

Your other arguments seems sensible - value for money, climate. But that that have been enough on its own or was your primary reason the lady?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Just curious, and I'm asking this as someone who spent many years in SE Asia, although not the Philippines. What makes it so great that you want to live there?
I have lived and worked in over 20 countries around the world over 40 years and I think with the exception of Turkey the Philippines is the best one I have lived in. Yes it has all the problems of an emerging market and does have social problems, both of which P11 seems to have gathered as many as possible into a basket and taken home with him. It is difficult to write a blog about everything going well - no one would read it. I think most of us here have experienced, or know someone who has, all of P11's experiences but maybe not to such extremes.

On the positive side the people are friendly, do have a good sense of humour which I find quite surprising considering the poverty, most are hard working, the weather is great, beaches are good ( although unlike P11 I can not walk to one ) and in most families they do genuinely care about each other and try and help when they can
Old Dec 13th 2018, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Stokkevn......Agree about Turkey!
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sushifan....

My pensions equate to about 10 - 15 x times the average wage here. The debts racked up is by my wifes business failure as previously outlined here.

Regards
so... I recall she gets about 6months pension if you are part of the garden... a cool 7 years money on local rates.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sushifan....

Regards
so... I recall she gets about 6months pension if you are part of the garden... a cool 7 years money on local rates.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 12:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

She won't be eligible for any pension payment. She will probably be eligible for a bereavement support payment, as the Philippines is one of the non_EU countries where this is paid. This comprises an initial payment of £2,500, followed by 18 monthly payments of £100 each. Quite a handy amount in the Philippines. On today's FX rates, 286,944 piso/peso all up.

According to an international average salary website, the average gross monthly salary of an airline pilot in the Philippines is 98,000 pesos, a teacher 14,900 and a chambermaid 7,800. So the total bereavement support payment is the equivalent of 3 years salary for a chambermaid.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 13th 2018 at 1:00 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse.....

Spot on and you beat me to it. She will also be entitled to a percentage of my Military Pension which will be about 15k pm.....for life. Plus I have a small life insurance. Guess I am worth more dead than alive.

Update on sister-in-laws baby. Her convulsions and fever have been diagnosed as her having worms. Well ....there you go. Worm Boy has a new friend, and as Rete I believe intimated.....aspersions must be cast on the quality of the medical profession here. But we knew that anyway....

Off to bed...and sleep. With one-eye open
Old Dec 13th 2018, 2:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scouse.....

Spot on and you beat me to it. She will also be entitled to a percentage of my Military Pension which will be about 15k pm.....for life. Plus I have a small life insurance. Guess I am worth more dead than alive.

Update on sister-in-laws baby. Her convulsions and fever have been diagnosed as her having worms. Well ....there you go. Worm Boy has a new friend, and as Rete I believe intimated.....aspersions must be cast on the quality of the medical profession here. But we knew that anyway....

Off to bed...and sleep. With one-eye open
I'm glad to see to see you're inching towards the realisation that your emotional and physical health is suffering due to your current situation - now we just have to work on getting you to do something about it!

Glad the bub's been diagnosed and (hopefully) treated. Sounds like roundworm, the eggs live in soil contaminated by human feces so eating uncooked food grown in the soil can mean you're probably eating a few eggs as well Roundworm is easily spread between people, so attention to personal hygiene, especially hand washing, is a must!

By the way, I'm the Spouse, married to Scouse Sleep well.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse......

I am well aware of my current situation and I am dealing with it.....in my own way. Thanks.

I am not convinced that roundworm which must be fairly common in this poverty stricken country would account for convulsions and fever. Are you?

Regards
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Not saying for one moment that your story is anything but true,but i must say that you sometimes write about your life very much in the style of a novellist,P11.

I have obviously never met you,but i have you very much down as a Terry-Thomas type of character.I won't use the word "bumbling" but at times you do seem blithely oblivious to most of the nefarious things that are going on around you.Are you really so naive?Anyway,please keep it coming.I find it very entertaining,BUT,please bear in mind that your own safety and welfare are of paramount importance.

Regards,

Last edited by jaygee68; Dec 13th 2018 at 3:15 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Not saying for one moment that your story is anything but true,but i most say that you sometimes write about your life very much in the style of a novellist,P11.

I have obviously never met you,but i have you very much down as a Terry-Thomas type of character.I won't use the word "bumbling" but at times you do seem blithely oblivious to most of the nefarious things that are going on around you.Are you really so naive?Anyway,please keep it coming.I find it very entertaining,BUT,please bear in mind that your own safety and welfare are of paramount importance.

Regards,
I'm surprised he's lasted this long if there is a potential annuity to be had.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Scouse......

I am well aware of my current situation and I am dealing with it.....in my own way. Thanks.

I am not convinced that roundworm which must be fairly common in this poverty stricken country would account for convulsions and fever. Are you?

Regards
Some basic research on reputable medical websites will answer your question. Roundworm can cause a high fever, high fever can cause convulsions. Not sure if that's 'convincing' enough for you.

My user name is spouse of scouse. I am not scouse. When you address 'scouse', you're talking to my husband.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by jaygee68

Regards,
Save your breath (fingers). Pointing out the obvious and showing concern is ignored or receives a cranky response. Who needs the aggravation.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help thinking that he is "having us over," as we say here in the UK.

The continued usage of the monikers "Lovely Lady" and "Beautiful Wife" is great bait if you don't mind my saying so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.