Me and My Family

Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Depends on which way round it is. Years ago an actress ( can't remember her name ) and her husband split up when they were in their 80s, he had got himself a 20+ girlfriend, she, to spite him, got a 20+ boyfriend and then on TV claimed that 20 went into 80 a damn site more than 80 went into 20.
Must be Zsa Zsa Gábor, surely!
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Must be Zsa Zsa Gábor, surely!
Yes the time line would fit with her.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this the much awaited wedding day? Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Isn't this the much awaited wedding day? Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
He is either enjoying the pleasures of a honeymoon or on a plane out of here.

I am sure he will enlighten us in the next few days.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

According to earlier threads the wedding is scheduled for the 8th, September. P11 is probably still arranging things. I hope its not raining on the big day.........the last 5 days here in Pangasinan it has been raining constantly. Roads around our sub division are flooded, and like rivers. Dagupan City is suffering badly again, water is waist deep in parts.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Rete: Thanks for your kind wishes!

Yes, preparations are still underway and no big problems so far. I am trying to keep the budget ....or salvaging it....under some sort of control but my biggest concern is controlling the numbers on the day as I have already explained. I think I have that covered with the 2 security guards who will have a guest list. Also, I believe we will also have table placings so any uninvited guests will stand out like a sore thumb. Pun not intended.

Even though we have a wedding manager, the stress is getting to lovely lady. And over seemingly minor issues. So much so that on one occasion, she told me to cancel the wedding. Which I did.

During our engagement, she called off the engagement on two occasions over trivial incidents. Cant remember them now. But of course me (being a mild mannered man) got the blame and then took the opportunity of the tampo for extended stays on the beach during the evening. As you do. I therefore expected the wedding to be called off at some point. Again, some minor issue was grown into apocalyptic proportions. I sent a message to the resort owner to cancel but didn't tell lovely lady. But I knew the owners wife was big friends with her, so I didn't have to wait long for the news to filter back to her. And it did. It had the desired result, and she was a bit shocked I think that I called her bluff.

Went to the Seminar a few days ago on how to conduct a happy relationship within a marriage. The first part was presented by a member of the God Squad, who was ok. He spoke bits of English. I just nodded attentively throughout stifling yawns and making sure my watch hadn't stopped. The second presenter was not friendly towards me and lovely lady. She is the mother of a woman who lived with a friend of mine here for a couple of years and he had large amounts of money stolen from him by her when he was recovering from typhoid. Long story. A fine choice for a counselor I thought. The third counselor failed to turn up. I understand she had to go shopping. Anyway....that's all done. Now we just have to await her legal capacity to marry then to get a license. During the counseling, I heard nothing about how to deal with highly strung Filipinas, scamming families and the rest of the delightful attributes they bring to a happy marriage.

Anyway....Life is good. For most part that is..... But, I just have the feeling that something is going to rear its ugly head. Call it instinct....But I have been wrong before.

Regards
Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Went to the Seminar a few days ago on how to conduct a happy relationship within a marriage. The first part was presented by a member of the God Squad, who was ok. He spoke bits of English. I just nodded attentively throughout stifling yawns and making sure my watch hadn't stopped. The second presenter was not friendly towards me and lovely lady. She is the mother of a woman who lived with a friend of mine here for a couple of years and he had large amounts of money stolen from him by her when he was recovering from typhoid. Long story. A fine choice for a counselor I thought. The third counselor failed to turn up. I understand she had to go shopping. Anyway....that's all done. Now we just have to await her legal capacity to marry then to get a license. During the counseling, I heard nothing about how to deal with highly strung Filipinas, scamming families and the rest of the delightful attributes they bring to a happy marriage
What is the Seminar for, why did you go?
Old Aug 13th 2018, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Stokkevn:

The seminar is to teach how to conduct a marital relationship, It is a legal requirement before marriage.

Regards
Old Aug 13th 2018, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I went through the pre marriage seminar some years ago. I read a book on my Kindle very discreetly at the back of the room.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikek1
According to earlier threads the wedding is scheduled for the 8th, September. P11 is probably still arranging things. I hope its not raining on the big day.........the last 5 days here in Pangasinan it has been raining constantly. Roads around our sub division are flooded, and like rivers. Dagupan City is suffering badly again, water is waist deep in parts.
Weather in Capiz is lovely, occasional 5 minute shower mid afternoon, at night it goes down to 28 Deg C with a nice strong breeze from the jungle, so all windows open, no fan and two blankets, lovely.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11 Bloody seminar, I had to go to one too with my wife. Got a sermon from the priest, had to be done or they will not marry you in the church. No chance to hide out in the back as we were the only ones in the room. Regards Mike
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings!

With less than 3 weeks to go, another unwelcome rumour has raised its ugly head. She is already married. But first let me deal with her rumoured infidelity

I was invited by an ex-pat friend to meet him and his lovely wife at a discreet meeting place where he will tell me about her rumoured bf. The meeting took place and they both could not come up with any details suggesting anything untoward. The rumours came from his wifes mother (who knows everything about what happens here). Again ....just rumours and no shred of any detail. I am told that people are afraid to talk. But I think this is all part of another story.....which I will explain later.

Rumoured to be married: This has come from the father of her two sons. Apparently, he wanted to get married to her but could not because she was already married. I have been invited to meet him where he will tell all but declined. For what I think are obvious reasons. I have sent word back to him that our notification of marriage is displayed publicly in the city hall and if he knows of any legal reason that we cannot marry, then he should report it. I have called his bluff. We will see what happens. I should mention that she has Cenomar (legal capacity to marry).....and yes, I know that some marriages are not reported. Furthermore, if she was already married and knew about it, he would have mentioned that when he divulged the 2 sons.

Now....I mentioned another story. Her family for the past month or so has been subject to malicious deeds and lies. I wont go into detail. I believe that the rumours surrounding her are part of a plot to "get at" her family. I do not know the motive.....yet.

She is currently away to get a certificate from the Pastor (who is a Batchmate) that he is legally qualified to marry us. Then she has to go back to the city hall with the proof before the licence to marry is approved.....after the 10 days of course. I find it amazing how much rigmarole is involved in what should be a simple process. I can see why people leg it to Hong Kong.

Regards....

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Aug 21st 2018 at 3:51 am.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

With less than 3 weeks to go, another unwelcome rumour has raised its ugly head. She is already married. But first let me deal with her rumoured infidelity

I was invited by an ex-pat friend to meet him and his lovely wife at a discreet meeting place where he will tell me about her rumoured bf. The meeting took place and they both could not come up with any details suggesting anything untoward. The rumours came from his wifes mother (who knows everything about what happens here). Again ....just rumours and no shred of any detail. I am told that people are afraid to talk. But I think this is all part of another story.....which I will explain later.

Rumoured to be married: This has come from the father of her two sons. Apparently, he wanted to get married to her but could not because she was already married. I have been invited to meet him where he will tell all but declined. For what I think are obvious reasons. I have sent word back to him that our notification of marriage is displayed publicly in the city hall and if he knows of any legal reason that we cannot marry, then he should report it. I have called his bluff. We will see what happens. I should mention that she has Cenomar (legal capacity to marry).....and yes, I know that some marriages are not reported. Furthermore, if she was already married and knew about it, he would have mentioned that when he divulged the 2 sons.

Now....I mentioned another story. Her family for the past month or so has been subject to malicious deeds and lies. I wont go into detail. I believe that the rumours surrounding her are part of a plot to "get at" her family. I do not know the motive.....yet.

She is currently away to get a certificate from the Pastor (who is a Batchmate) that he is legally qualified to marry us. Then she has to go back to the city hall with the proof before the licence to marry is approved.....after the 10 days of course. I find it amazing how much rigmarole is involved in what should be a simple process. I can see why people leg it to Hong Kong.

Regards....
any chance the legal capacity to marry could be faked or obtained via a bribe?

when I got married (not in the Philippines but another desperate rat hole), I arrived the day before the wedding. Only to discover the law was clear that I needed to be in country a week. Quick trip off to city hall, a latte and some bribe money and suddenly I'd been in the country ages.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse...

We went together to the NSO a few hours from here and applied for and received our Cenomars. I paid 220 peso for each one. So there was no monkey business there as far as I could see. However.....an interesting point....We originally applied at the city hall here and had to wait for 3 weeks for them to be issued. Hers was turned down. Apparently the reason was it was wrongly completed which she denies. So rather than submit again and wait a further 3 weeks, we went direct to the main NSO office. This is her second Cenoma. She originally applied and received one directly after I popped the question. She didn't realize that they expire after 6 months. Just to add intrigue....she has a family relation that works at the NSO office although I never saw them meet on the day.

Regards
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Millhouse...

We went together to the NSO a few hours from here and applied for and received our Cenomars. I paid 220 peso for each one. So there was no monkey business there as far as I could see. However.....an interesting point....We originally applied at the city hall here and had to wait for 3 weeks for them to be issued. Hers was turned down. Apparently the reason was it was wrongly completed which she denies. So rather than submit again and wait a further 3 weeks, we went direct to the main NSO office. This is her second Cenoma. She originally applied and received one directly after I popped the question. She didn't realize that they expire after 6 months. Just to add intrigue....she has a family relation that works at the NSO office although I never saw them meet on the day.

Regards
I knew nothing about the requirement for a Cenoma, neither did my wife. It was only about a week after the wedding did someone mention it. Marriage certificates were whisked away by a relative and the following morning we had two brand new ( back dated ) Cenomas. Everyone was happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.