Me and My Family

Old Jul 29th 2018, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Stokkevn...

I was married for 44 yrs previously and didn't really want to get married and preferred to "live in sin". Marriage is an institution and a piece of paper and I believe that you do not have to get married to prove anything. However, not everyone shares that view, and out of respect for my partner I am happy to grant them their wish. Because I want to. Hope that answers your question...

Regards
Old Jul 29th 2018, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Cambslad is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been visiting Phil for 40 years, married to one for 20 and retired here 3 years ago.
There are a lot of long well informed posting here ! HEED THEM
LISTEN AND ACT upon them or as someone says you are heading for big problems.
More than once you mention lack of ‘thank you’s’ ... ‘Thanks’ (Salamat) is not part of Filipino culture, they have the word but rarely use it.
Likewise courteous gestures, hold a door for someone or slow down so they can cross road and you will receive a very suspicious look!
Here is the delicate bit.... you are overwhelmed with your luck, younger gf, got here no big issues etc. UNLESS YOU GET A GRIP it will be your DOWNFALL, which would be rather sad.
Here is a catchphrase circulating amongst ExPats. A bit tongue in cheek but a strong element of truth ‘Filipinos only tell the truth by accident’
Gifts, just one of my many ‘misfires’ numerous Filipino welders use sunglasses for eye protection, very bad news for future eyesight. On one visit I returned from UK with proper self darkening mask for resident ‘handyman’ Handed it over, brilliant, boardering on magic. Three days later back to pink sunglasses. Where was mask? Given to kids because it made the look like Spacemen!!!
Acts of everyday kindness & generosity are view as a weakness to be exploited.
BUT, it’s a great place, just adapt sooner than later. Become a Kuri Pot... tight git, news will travel fast then enjoy your new life.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Noted you also have lots of repairs and refurbishment in hand DO NOT hand over money to work force/relatives/helpers for ‘goods’ you will be scammed into the ground. Go yourself and pay supplier. At the very worse you will incur a bit of ‘SkinTax.
Make it clear to supply owner you will become a ‘Suki’ (Regular) providing he is straight and honest with you. BE FIRM
Example, B-in-law owns a large building and for years has retained a well paid ‘trustworthy’ handyman, he of welding mask fame! Sent cash-in-hand to buy lengths of guttering. Returned with change and ‘official’ receipt. Done a ‘deal’ with salesman and cost had doubled!!!
Old Jul 29th 2018, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Cambslad... Thanks for your well intentioned advice. I have lived here also for 3 years and I am well aware of what you have stated. I don't know where you got the idea that I have lots of repairs etc underway. Maybe when I moved into this house 3 years ago but nothing current. But I am well aware of the culture here in that respect. Thanks anyway...
Old Jul 29th 2018, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Default Invite to Dorothy

Hi to you, your posting style and comments interest me. How about a debate on ‘Mature men/Young Filipino Ladies.
Must not upset our lovely Moderator, so nothing personal, just meaningful and in good taste.
NOTE TO MODERATOR...Should we start another Thread ?
Old Jul 29th 2018, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Cambslad... If you wish to start another thread on your chosen subject, then I will be happy to contribute where necessary.

Regards
Old Jul 29th 2018, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Invite to Dorothy

Originally Posted by Cambslad
Hi to you, your posting style and comments interest me. How about a debate on ‘Mature men/Young Filipino Ladies.
Must not upset our lovely Moderator, so nothing personal, just meaningful and in good taste.
Yes, please. That is if P-11 is willing to discuss the topic with you. As for discussions on moderators, perhaps you need to read the site rules. As a newbie poster you appear to be crossing a few of the lines with a foot and not a toe. Nowhere on this long thread has a moderator stepped in to stop a discussion or to admonish a poster. They have participated, as you have, and they are free to do so.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Invite to Dorothy

Originally Posted by Cambslad
Not sure how many there are here. I am friends with/know about 35 European/US guys who have retired or live here part time. I can not think of any that fall into the old white guy/young Filipina bracket. My wife is just 3 years younger than me and a French guy I know is 4 tears younger than his Filipina wife.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

We are 6 years apart does that make me a dirty old man
Old Jul 29th 2018, 8:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
We are 6 years apart does that make me a dirty old man
Only if you haven't bathed. Hell, my husband was 36 when he married his second wife and she was only 19.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

I love being the dirty old man, my wife is 25 years younger than me. I was 46 she was 21, eight years later bloody bliss. She never stops working, doesn't spend a cent and looks after me like a baby. My family and friends think she is wonderful and she looks after my 85 year old mother who lives with us like a sister. I know lots will be saying the same thing I always say that women can be very patient and she will take me for everything in a year or two. In my case my darling will have everything in a year or two so it will work out perfectly. Good on you 11 you may as well have a young wife, my two previous wives were only interested in cleaning me out and they weren't, much younger. Regards Mike
Old Jul 30th 2018, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeNZ
I love being the dirty old man, my wife is 25 years younger than me. I was 46 she was 21, eight years later bloody bliss. She never stops working, doesn't spend a cent and looks after me like a baby. My family and friends think she is wonderful and she looks after my 85 year old mother who lives with us like a sister. I know lots will be saying the same thing I always say that women can be very patient and she will take me for everything in a year or two. In my case my darling will have everything in a year or two so it will work out perfectly. Good on you 11 you may as well have a young wife, my two previous wives were only interested in cleaning me out and they weren't, much younger. Regards Mike
Good on you mate. You are only as old as the lady you feel.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Age: Age is just a number so I have been told repeatedly. I am 33 yrs older than my betrothed and it does sometimes feel strange. Why do I hear your chorus? Well, I am older than her father, old enough to be her grandfather......and she is younger than my two sons partners. Lovely lady is 36. Is the age difference bad? No of course not. But it would be if she was a mere 18 and I was 51. Eyebrows will shoot up like window blinds. And rightly so in my opinion. Maturity is what counts and at 36 she is a mature woman....although I suspect Filipinas never mature and remain closet school girls. But relationships in the Phils have even bigger hurdles to overcome. First, male and female.....two different species trying to live together. Then you have culture......so very diverse that a lot of understanding and compromise is required. With plenty of patience and an endless supply of humour. Then comes language. Yep....they can speak English, but not necessarily understand what has been said. Cue Tampo's. So....is big age difference bad? It pales into insignificance compared to the other differences I have explained.

Life is good....
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Is the age difference bad?
Depends on which way round it is. Years ago an actress ( can't remember her name ) and her husband split up when they were in their 80s, he had got himself a 20+ girlfriend, she, to spite him, got a 20+ boyfriend and then on TV claimed that 20 went into 80 a damn site more than 80 went into 20.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11, know an Australian 56 married an 18 year old from Binloc the same place my wife is from. She was naive as they come been in Aus eight years and still together. Let the eyebrows shoot up. Young married to old marriages seem to last at least as long as the so called normal age marriages, except us old buggars will not live long enough to celebrate our golden weddings. My outlaws are the same age as me, they are visiting in NZ now they think the sun shines out of my arse, never ask for anything and babysit the brother in laws kids and work for my darling all day asking for nothing. People can go on about culture and all the rest but every relationship is a bucket of honey and wasps and it just depends what you choose to blame when you get stung. In some cases easier to blame culture and family for problems instead of the fact that the guy is just a grumpy arsehole. Regards Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.