Me and My Family

Old May 16th 2018, 1:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Point taken.
However, please explain how an unwritten policy works?
It's simple really. It is what a community as a whole feels right and comfortable with. This community discourages people from posting up their private personal details .
It is not against the site rules to post up your own personal information but it is unwise. Sometimes a person may post up too much personal info and then wish that removed. The mod team will help with that best they can because BE is about caring.

We also have a site rule which you may have read.

5. Personal Information
Think before you post or speak: Do you really want to put your address or telephone number on a public discussion forum? We encourage you to keep personal information private. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from others. Anyone posting another members personal details without permission will have their posting privileges removed.
HTH
Old May 16th 2018, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Marriage - a fantastic institution, I have been married for over 35 years - 3 different wives but that's another story.
One Easter one of my husband’s work colleagues invited us for Easter dinner with his family. The mother asked how long we had been married...think it was 18 years at the time. Her reply was ‘18 years to each other?’ It was then I realized that they must add all the marriages up.
Old May 16th 2018, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Millhouse:

Now we are reading from the same page. Many readers think she is only after my money....I don't obviously. But she will know that she will get nothing if the relationship breaks down due to scamming.

Regards
By your own acknowledgement, she will get the house that you are going to buy, knowing that you will never own it.
Old May 16th 2018, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

David M,

Correct. A foreigner cannot own property in the Phils unless he has built it. Condo's have separate rules but not applicable in my case. I am not buying a condo.

Regards
Old May 16th 2018, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

David M,

Correct. A foreigner cannot own property in the Phils unless he has built it. Condo's have separate rules but not applicable in my case. I am not buying a condo.

Regards
So does the house purchase come before or after the marriage (i assume after) and how does this affect the leverage of the will in making her behave?
Old May 16th 2018, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

To own the building you must buy an empty lots and build from new. You can't buy a lot with house and split it.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
To own the building you must buy an empty lots and build from new. You can't buy a lot with house and split it.
Correct, that is why I suggested to 11, that he should build a house rather than buy the one he is living in.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Correct, that is why I suggested to 11, that he should build a house rather than buy the one he is living in.
Where this all falls down is when you try and recover your money, unless your partner has the funds you can't get blood from a stone so even if awarded by the courts you would possible get the judgement but not the money that is not there.
Old May 16th 2018, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Where this all falls down is when you try and recover your money, unless your partner has the funds you can't get blood from a stone so even if awarded by the courts you would possible get the judgement but not the money that is not there.
Yes agreed. In my own case, my concern is not to safeguard my investment should the marriage fail, more for security of tenure should the worse happen and something should happen to my wife and she passed before me. Extremely unlikely, considering the age difference, but accidents do happen.
Old May 16th 2018, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Yes agreed. In my own case, my concern is not to safeguard my investment should the marriage fail, more for security of tenure should the worse happen and something should happen to my wife and she passed before me. Extremely unlikely, considering the age difference, but accidents do happen.
This is a big grey area and you will get many answers, the only one that will count is the one you get should the event happen. For you to inherit your partner must die intestate and then you are into the whole circus of compulsary heirs. The husband is far from the top of the list. I'm not sure owning the building would be much protection in the event you are driven off.
Old May 16th 2018, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

House purchase:

I have documented this all before, but for those who have made comments here have either not read or forgot what I wrote, I shall try to explain again.

An attempt for house purchase will be made after marriage. Now, I have been informed that for me to get a loan to finance a project, an income from my pensions is not accepted by any lending banks I have approached. However, my lovely ladies income would be acceptable. Her income would comprise of profits made from her business....and what I pay her for whatever job as appropriate. Because she has no documented accounts (yet), a bank account that has been dormant for a couple of years, I seriously doubt that a bank will loan her the amount required. Now, if some miracle occurs and she obtains a loan....in her name....from her bank account....and the marriage hits the rocks, I will not "employ" her and she will lose a significant amount of income. She would not be able to afford the repayments.

Why should I build a home....so I can own it? Firstly, I do not have the income nor capital to finance such a project. Secondly, at my age.....I just cannot be asked.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 16th 2018 at 1:04 pm.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

House purchase:

I have documented this all before, but for those who have made comments here have either not read or forgot what I wrote. But I understand that. For those, I shall try to explain again.

An attempt for house purchase will be made after marriage. Now, I have been informed that for me to get a loan to finance a project, an income from my pensions is not accepted by any lending banks I have approached. However, my lovely ladies income would be acceptable. Her income would comprise of profits made from her business....and what I pay her for whatever job as appropriate. Because she has no documented accounts (yet), a bank account that has been dormant for a couple of years, I seriously doubt that a bank will loan her the amount required. Now, if some miracle occurs and she obtains a loan....in her name....from her bank account....and the marriage hits the rocks, I will not "employ" her and she has a significant amount of income. She would not be able to afford the repayments.

Why should I build a home....so I can own it? Firstly, I do not have the income nor capital to finance such a project. Secondly, at my age.....I just cannot be asked.

Regards
Careful about admitting you employ anyone. I was going to do this for one of the wife's cousins, who did do quite a bit of work for me at the time, as he needed proof of earnings for something. I spoke to my local judge who went away and obviously looked into foreigner paying local and it was fraught with problems, like having to pay insurance, SSS, guarantee their tax payments and another couple of things. He also mentioned it might give me a problem with my visa, so I did not do it.

I would definitely ask someone who knows about this to have a look at it for you before putting anything on paper.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

"and the marriage hits the rocks, I will not "employ" her and she will lose a significant amount of income. She would not be able to afford the repayments."

Having a small experience with the filipino culture it would not be a concern. If the marriage hits the rock and she can't afford the payments she will just shrug her shoulders and walk away with no care.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn:

Thanks for that. Something to think about before I go through the "motions" of buying house.

Gazza-d:

We will both shrug our shoulders together and walk away with no care....No problem with me.

Regards
Old May 16th 2018, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11,sad to watch a guy give up, "going through the motions", "walk away with no care". Your island paradise has become your prison. Regards Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.