Me and My Family

Old May 3rd 2018, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

mikemike,

Not necessarily. But it is not on FB.

Thanks Gazza-d

Regards
Old May 3rd 2018, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Good point mikemike. Something to think about. However, I have seen this guys FB and if they were married, it would appear there.

Regards
You said the same thing about your LL FB page, you believed that you would have known about the children then as well.
Most of us have been following your sorry story from day 1 and I'm sure we all wish you all the best, but man you are just not seeing what's been going here from the very beginning and for whatever reason, refusing to see it for what it is, always making excuses for her again and again. I just don't get it at all mate, it's as if she has you hypnotised or under some spell. There is absolutely nothing she can say or do that in any way shape or form excuses her from all the crap you have been putting up with. I'm sure deep down you must know that but for some reason seem unable to come to terms with it. Unbelievable.
Old May 3rd 2018, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

DM,

Her FB page does not mention children because they do not exist in her mind.

His FB page does not mention a marriage because it never happened.

Her sisters FB page does not mention marriage.....because it never happened.

The Legal document she has states she is legally entitled to marriage.

I hope that it makes more clear to you.

Finally, I have two ex-pats here with whom I have confided. They have known both of us as a couple for 3 yrs and believe as I do that I have done the correct thing. I will say no more than that. The difference I guess is that I am on the ground and the readers here are not. I will agree however, she is in the "last chance saloon"

Regards
Old May 3rd 2018, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

mikemike,

Not necessarily. But it is not on FB.

Thanks Gazza-d

Regards
I haven't used FB for around 5 years now, but from memory - you can control what people can and cannot see on FB - you can create different groups of people so only certain groups can see certain posts and pictures.

Create a family group (you're not included), post a pic, you won't see it.

Saying it's not on FB means nothing. (Unless things have changed over the past few years).
Old May 3rd 2018, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand how a mother can just walk away from her 2 children- and by that I mean not acknowledge them/ be proud to introduce them to the OP.That says an awful lot about her loyalties and responsibilities and dare I say it depth of feelings
Old May 3rd 2018, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mav dxb,

You are correct.

However, its one helluva conspiracy theory to suggest the FB posts or non posts have been manipulated to hide the truth in a situation such as this. Gazza-d has got it right.

Finally, the information about the children and relationship came from a Filipina who has lived a few doors down from the father. She is married to an ex-pat who knows me. She spilt the beans to other partners and ex pats who know me. Every one was hoping my lovely lady would come clean. She didn't. An expat's partner whom I had helped through a difficult time decided that I should know. I thank her for that. Marriage was not mentioned. If she was married, I am sure it would have been mentioned.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 3rd 2018 at 3:33 pm.
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:44 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings.

It appears that I could be the step father of two boys. She is upset, angry at how this has been leaked. I need to deal with this once she has calmed down and I get the full story.

Regards
Not as angry and upset as I would be finding out I'd been completely lied to.

She's only upset and angry at being found out for the..............
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:48 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
It would appear that the amount of dishonesty and deceit has no boundaries with the l/l and her family. Surely the whole family is part of this scam, WHY has not one of them mentioned the children.
Having followed this saga from the very beginning I would bet that after a prolonged bouts of crocodile tears all will be forgiven and things will be back to normal........endless lies, more deceit, endless money requests, etc.
I have too have read similar cases where the ‘loving’ pinnay has a ‘real boyfriend/husband and has taken Johnny Foreigner for a ride.
Others have mentioned you seem a really nice person, and myself and my wife wholeheartedly agree, you don’t need all this aggravation, there are many pinnays out there who would welcome someone as sincere as you.
The choice is yours, I know what my actions would be.
Of course they are. How could they not know!!
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:23 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

I know the two boys. One is living here with her family and the other with her father who visits often. They are both beautiful kids, well behaved and respectful. She left them when they were infants and the bonding has gone. They only recognize her as an Auntie and she as just family relations. I have never witnessed any bonding between her and them.

So what your saying, is that she is a sociopath.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica,

Yes I agree with your thoughts on how can a mother give up her child(ren) which to us seems callous and uncaring.

I think of the 9 months she has the carried the child with hopes and expectation and finally giving birth to a new life. Breastfeeding the child and creating a bond that naturally to us should be ever enduring. But here in the Phils it is not uncommon for the mother to abandon the child. I have written earlier that one of my lovely ladies sisters was given away at birth. Why? Because they wanted a boy. I have met that sister when we arrived back in Manila from our trip away. They are sisters, but there was nothing there to show that. She had a forlorn look in her eyes and is living in poverty with a husband and two children. I felt deeply sorry for her and wondered then, what was life about?

This weekend, the families kids will come over to our house as they do every weekend. Just for a few hours to do a few odd jobs around the garden for a few peso. It will be traumatic for me when I see the two boys who I now know are her sons. Life can be difficult sometimes.

Regards

Admin....Love the new format! Thanks
Old May 4th 2018, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

The l/l needs to have psychiatric treatment, how is it possible to completely deny and portray that her children don’t exist in her mind.Clearly she is selfish and only thinks of herself, and it would appear her feelings for you are only pretence and part of the scam.
i cannot understand why you write about her lies, and misgivings then attempt to make out it’s not her fault. You come across as an intelligent person, however I am beginning to doubt this. Whilst I wish you well, for sure I know where this sorry saga will conclude, and you will be the looser.Perhaps the Philippines is not for you,having spent nearly three years here you have not grasped the reality of the culture and all its downsides. Maybe you should consider returning to the U.K., before you end up skint and heartbroken. I have said it so many times that old guy meets young girl on the internet, in 99% of the time these romances end up in disaster.
Momumental doses of water melon, will not pay off the debt to the pawnbroker, or deliver any honesty.
Old May 4th 2018, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Mikek1. I tend to agree with you about her behavior requiring professional help and have been aware of that for some time now. Guess that's why I have given her so much leeway. But theres only so much rope I can give her.....before she hangs herself. I will reiterate again. She is in the "last chance saloon". There will no more loans for her and her family. If she has debts, then that's her problem not mine. I hope I made myself clear.

Regards
Old May 4th 2018, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Common sense prevails at last. Just make sure yo stick to your proposals.................I have my doubts.
Old May 4th 2018, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Pica,

Yes I agree with your thoughts on how can a mother give up her child(ren) which to us seems callous and uncaring.
I think of the 9 months she has the carried the child with hopes and expectation and finally giving birth to a new life. Breastfeeding the child and creating a bond that naturally to us should be ever enduring. But here in the Phils it is not uncommon for the mother to abandon the child....
.......This weekend, the families kids will come over to our house as they do every weekend. Just for a few hours to do a few odd jobs around the garden for a few peso. It will be traumatic for me when I see the two boys who I now know are her sons. Life can be difficult sometimes.

Regards
The BBC are currently screening "My Life with the Tribe", a documentary series about people who live in the West Papuan rain forest in 10m high tree houses, are naked, eat grubs and rats etc. Actually, they're now mostly residing in government villages, but there are some who still cling to the old way of life...or at least they do when foreign film makers arrive! They go back into the rain forest, occupy abandoned tree houses, take off their clothes and the Indonesian Rupiahs come. One group even conned an Australian TV company by erecting a highly dangerous 30m high tree house. These people have never lived at such a height. The idea of Westerners being conned for money will resonate with many posters on this thread, but I was particularly interested in what happened to the wife of one of these "temporary" tree house dwellers in part two of this series (which is still available on BBC iPlayer). She gave birth on her own in the Rain Forest, cutting her own umbilical birth..so far so good...but some days later the baby died..and there was almost zero reaction from the parents. It was then explained by the local guide that, to put it bluntly "babies are not regarded as human". Not to make any parallel with the Philippines here, just to emphasize the big differences that can exist between cultures concerning the loss and abandonment.

However, if the OPs relationship continues over this latest hurdle, I think he will inexorably be drawn into an increasingly closer relationship with the two boys in question. He is already anticipating "trauma" when seeing them. LL may also begin to drop her present distant relationship. As the boys get older they may start to ask questions about their white "uncle". All likely to be leading to many future financial commitments. It could all work out, except we know the OP had a disappointingly low divorce pay out and that the financial situation of LL is something of a mystery. But, thirty years after accidentally discovering, post marriage, my wife already had a child, things have worked out reasonably well, with some "downs" along the way.

A big decision is to be made in the relationship in the near future. But, hang on, we are told by the OP that there may be breaking news coming soon involving skin whitening...which may be a "deal breaker"! More exciting than Trump and Stormy Daniels!

Then all this may become moot, and would avoid the OP what is bound to be a complicated and difficult relationship with LL and the family, given the news of two previously unknown children. It would push someone who is generally accepted here to be a (too?) nice bloke to get out of the situation asap. Something which he seems reluctant to do, even with the latest news.
Old May 4th 2018, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

After committing for over 3 years to a new life it must be difficult in the extreme to see the wood from the trees. Read your own story from the beginnng to the end as a 3rd party and see what other posters are really seeing. Whatever you future course of action is i'm sure most all of the posters only wish you the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.