Me and My Family

Old Nov 18th 2016, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

We were invited to a dinner tomorrow night at her friends place a couple of hours away. I normally go (reluctantly) but because my beloved Arsenal are playing at 8.30 pm Phils time I said I would not go. I am now on alert for contrived reasons to get me to that dinner.
Try the enthusiastic looking face and just mention in passing that you hope her friends do not get too offended by your windy digestive system. You will find that you will be left at home.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:04 am.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb re: Me and My Family

Greetings,

We were invited to a dinner tomorrow night at her friends place a couple of hours away. I normally go (reluctantly) but because my beloved Arsenal are playing at 8.30 pm Phils time I said I would not go. I am now on alert for contrived reasons to get me to that dinner.

Anyway....we shall see.

Regards
Aha, it is all clear to me now.........She is a Spurs supporter like me. COYS lol

Old Nov 18th 2016, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Aha, it is all clear to me now.........She is a Spurs supporter like me. COYS lol
I thought Spurs was something that was attached to yanks riding boots.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

She wants a kid,

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:22 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
She wants a kid,.

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Been an interesting few days....but first:

The circuit breaker costs 250 peso. Should be ok for a few months I guess. Labour was free. Not been back to fix "broken wire". All ok still with AC and hot water.

Her family has to move house yet again. The landlord wants it back for some reason.

Now the interesting bit.

Lovely lady has a "bestie" friend from School days who has a very likeable Canadian bf. They plus her kids and another couple (he is American...and a nice chappie also) plus their friends came to visit Sipalay and stayed at Nataasan Resort for a couple of nights and we visited them during the day. Was great. Us 3 men folk spent a lot of the time telling bawdy jokes and generally engaging in much mirth and merriment. As you do. Alcohol also flowed well.....watched carefully by my lovely lady. One of the subjects we chatted about was tampos on which I appear to be the resident expert for some reason. Now sadly, this got back to my lovely lady and it was construed as "talking behind her back". But Filipinas know all about talking about their spouses in the same way but the topics are normally....is he circumcised.....can he still climb the mountain....and comparing allowances. But this was a deadly crime. Cue pout on the way home. Followed by a face book comment.....and then telling the world she has a headache. I knew it was bad because she slept in the spare bedroom....and then defriended me from Fb. That's never happened before. Found a note next morning to say that she has gone to live with her family and someone will be along to collect her clothes etc. This was finished off with the fact that she is going to have me deported.

But she came back later and we went to visit our friends. All was back to normal by the end of the day. Now for me the surprising bit which I hope will end all this nonsense. Her best friend took her to one side and gave her words of advice which resulted in her the next day sitting down with me and apologizing for her past behavior. She explained that she was wrong and will try to curb her moods in the future. I have no idea what prompted this, but certainly she was made to listen by her best mate.

Before she could never talk about such things and so maybe a new leaf has been turned. I hope so. Because my patience was all but exhausted.

But we will see. Nearly forgot.....we are fb friends again.

Regards

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is a turn up for the book! Maybe her BF told her in no uncertain terms she was about to screw up her current life of (relative) luxury and to get her act together? Whatever happened, be grateful and keep us updated as to if things change when her BF returns home.Thank you for the smiles you bring into my humdrum (by comparison) life.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 8:23 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Were you tempted to put all her stuff in the garden to make it easy for her family to collect?
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

But Filipinas know all about talking about their spouses in the same way but the topics are normally....is he circumcised.....can he still climb the mountain....and comparing allowances. But this was a deadly crime.
You have to be careful of this, on a friends first visit to the Philippines with his gf ( a British Filipina ), her auntie always sat next to him and quite often had her hand on his knee. He mentioned it to his gf but she did not seem too bothered. It turned out that before their holiday she had taken a photo of his gentleman bits and sent them to her auntie along with his performance data profile.

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

No. I did not think about putting all her belongings in the garden for collection. To my mind that would be rubbing her nose in it. But, if someone had come to collect her clothes etc, I would help them with the removal. Then had a couple of beers with them on the balcony. I have already sourced another place to rent and would move in a few days. Her waddly sister would then be homeless. How sad would that be.

As it happened, we were due to visit our friends at the nearby resort, so I was waiting to see if I would be picked up ready to go. She came back here with the face like a lost orphan in the snow. Quietly got changed.....and then put my swimming trunks (speedos) on the bed for me to wear without a word. That was the white flag for me. The blokes were surprised to see me because they had got the word earlier that morning. I had their sympathy. The women also. We are all very good friends and I suspect her best friend had words with her earlier that morning. They all know me and know I am not a drunk wife beating ogre.

All is good now. I hope it stays that way because if I get angry enough, it wont be just her clothes in the garden. She will be there also. We are rebuilding fences and so far....so good.

Regards

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sloth sister....the one who we put through college for 4 years to get an IT Degree and has not worked since graduation in March has just turned down a job at the local hotel here as a receptionist for 9k per month. Reason? Because they cannot guarantee she will be on the same shift as her sister in law. I give up with her. My lovely lady paid for her course for 3 years and I financed the final year. Her parents need help with money......

Regards

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sloth sister....the one who we put through college for 4 years to get an IT Degree and has not worked since graduation in March has just turned down a job at the local hotel here as a receptionist for 9k per month. Reason? Because they cannot guarantee she will be on the same shift as her sister in law. I give up with her. My lovely lady paid for her course for 3 years and I financed the final year. Her parents need help with money......

Regards
if you give another peso towards her then your more fool than generous Gent that you have been for so long.

Up to recently you just come across as thoroughly decent, willing to help and frustrated when you feel taken advantage of.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2017 at 12:05 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Regards
I am normally the last person to comment on others life style but you do seemed to have inherited a family that looks upon you as the golden goose ( cow ) and should be milked as much as possible. I have been through this, but it was before we retired here, I was still working and I could easily afford my many errors, most of which are a carbon copy of yours. But my wife was told that when we retired here "The bank of Paul" was shut for business and any support shall be earned and not thought of as a right by association. My wife has been very good in supporting me in this, especially after she found out that bad debts would be coming out of her pocket money. Yes there are less family members who come round to the house, but they have been replaced by non relative friends of hers and mine.

I would suggest ( hate that word ) that using your up and coming divorce settlement you could put a 'line in the sand' moment with your gf regarding existing and expected loans/assistance etc. I still relent sometimes when I see someone buying a small tin of sardines for Xmas lunch for 6 and I have just bought my dogs a kilo of liver for theirs.

If you think I have gone too far with this reply, please feel free to 'Kick My A***' publicly.

PS - My missus has just got back from Roxas where she has bought 85 toys/dolls/cars etc as Xmas presents for the kids, so maybe I am not in control as much as I thought I was.

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks both,

You will be pleased to know that sloth girl has not received one peso from me or my lovely lady since graduation in March. Her family is funding her laziness. As I mentioned before, she does nothing around their house and sits about all day. She has received the ire from my lovely lady on more than one occasion. She is a disgrace. Her father has asked for money from my lovely lady on more than one occasion to help fund her. She rightly turned him down. He dare not ask me.

Seems that there will be no divorce settlement for me or my ex-wife. So I am not coming into any money. She is keeping the house and I am keeping my pension. It might be too costly to pursue her for the money she owes or for a share of the house. That is the situation at the moment unless something emerges in the future. Seems I have worked my whole life and I have nothing to show for it. Apart from my pension.

Regards

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seems that there will be no divorce settlement for me or my ex-wife. So I am not coming into any money. She is keeping the house and I am keeping my pension.
I maybe should have made my self clearer. The fact that you will be no better, or worse, off should be the basses of future family assistance. I have 2 ex-wives and am very familiar with that concept.

Most of my special projects, especially at this time of year, are with non-family members, all are with young kids that I think may make a go of doing well for themselves and it is all based upon how well they do at school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.