Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Marriage cert for entry into Phillipines

Marriage cert for entry into Phillipines

Old Jul 11th 2020, 12:04 am
Just Joined

thomas3108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage cert for entry into Phillipines

Hello all.

I am seeking some advice if anyone can assist.

I have recently married my Filipina partner and now have the marriage license. Do you know if that allows me to enter the Philippines right now or do i need the marriage to be registered by the Philippine Statistics Authority before I am allowed entry?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Ive tried to contact embassies, dfa etc but have had no firm answers.

Cheers

Tom

Last edited by thomas3108; Jul 11th 2020 at 12:38 am.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage cert for entry into Phillipines

Originally Posted by thomas3108
Hello all.

I am seeking some advice if anyone can assist.

I have recently married my Filipina partner and now have the marriage license. Do you know if that allows me to enter the Philippines right now or do i need the marriage to be registered by the Philippine Statistics Authority before I am allowed entry?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Ive tried to contact embassies, dfa etc but have had no firm answers.

Cheers

Tom
I assume your passports are sti!l in different names so you could be asked to show it. When you travel through immigration let your wife go first and for her to ask for a balikbayan privilege, it's her privilege not yours. Don't forget you can't travel independently of each other if you want the 1 year free entry. Of course you can come in a a solo tourist anytime you like in more normal times.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

If you enter on your own, and show that you are married to a Filipina. You are not guaranteed an extended visa. It is very much at the discretion, of the Immigration Officer. I have been lucky on one occasion. It was a very senior officer. At that time I did not need a visa extension. As it was a three week stay only. It was during the "Martial Law" years. So a long time ago. In short: It depends on the Immigration Officer, but generally, it is a no.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

You do have to arrive together and as Gazza-d has stated it is your wife that presents both passports and the Certificate of Marriage. If you were married in the Philippines the marriage has to be registered at the NSA as their certification is generally the the only one that is recognised.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

thomas3108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool. Thanks for your time and info.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

You do NOT need to arrive together. That is only if you wish to avail of the BB. If you are only requiring a normal tourist visa on arrival, you can be alone, but yes you will need the marriage certificate and copy of your wife's passport, under the current restrictions due to the Covid pandemic.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

The way that COVID-19 is heading south, 2500 more declared cases today I foresee greater restrictions. So I would hold back for the moment.
Domestic flights are very scarce.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Posted this morning:

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...story/?just_in