Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Life Certificate / Proof of Life re Armed Forces Pension Scheme - Vets UK

Life Certificate / Proof of Life re Armed Forces Pension Scheme - Vets UK

Old May 30th 2023, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life Certificate / Proof of Life re Armed Forces Pension Scheme - Vets UK

I was going to include this in a previous thread I started on ‘Life Certificate for the State Pension’ but as I can’t alter the main subject heading, Vets may bypass it if specifically looking for the military pension Life Certificate.

Having sent off my Life Certificate for the State Pension last October and had it pronounced ‘Clear and Active’, I thought I’d be okay for a few years. Apparently not. I received another one today, this time from Veterans UK re the Armed Forces Pension Scheme. Clearly not linked then.

The letter states: ‘If we do not receive your response within 60 working days of the date of this letter, we will be required to suspend payment of your awards. Your payments will then remain suspended until a completed decoration is received.’

23 Mar 23 - Date the Life Certificate was generated in UK
29 May 23 - Date I received the form in Ph (68 calendar days/ 48 week days).
29 May 23 - Obtained required witness signature etc
29 May 23 - e-mailed completed Life Certificate Declaration & Vets UK covering letter to friend in UK - did not provide a separate covering letter of my own.
30 May 23 - friend posted it by Royal Mail, ‘Signed for/ Recorded delivery’.

I decided not to call Vets UK to seek clarification on whether or not I could follow the same procedure as I did for the state pension, i.e. the above procedure rather than couriering documents to UK. If they accept this method, then the procedure’s fairly simple. Time will tell whether or not they accept the e-mailed version. Got to be worth a shot!

Old Jun 1st 2023, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Certificate / Proof of Life re Armed Forces Pension Scheme - Vets UK

Interesting.You actually finally got a letter! I had my State Pension stopped last December because, as usual here, no Proof of Life form received. Phoned them, went through the security palaver, pension restored, but they did send the forms via email but said would not accept email copies back!

Forms done, notarised etc and sent back - received at Wolverhampton on 12 Jan 2023. In April , no pension! Called International Pensions and it seemed that due to "problems" , i.e work to rules and strikes , details had not been entered on the payments computer! The lovely lady I spoke to said she could see the forms had been received and re-instated pension.
All's well I thought, then this month one of my private pensions was not paid. Contacted them and again, proof of life required but no mail received here. They emailed forms and said we will accept scanned copies. Done next day and emailed back.

Now here's the stupid bit : both providers said they could not email me if Proof of Life required, but I could email THEM asking if they had issued a Proof of Life letter!!
At least this way I'm likely to not have pension stopped for a month whilst I sort it.... New job for each Jan/Feb!

ho Hum , the charm of living in the 'Pines.