Karaoke Solutions

Old Oct 8th 2021, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Karaoke Solutions

Could this be the answer in the Ph? So long as you're well hidden or have a good set of running shoes!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ables-speakers

Old Oct 8th 2021, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karaoke Solutions

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Could this be the answer in the Ph? So long as you're well hidden or have a good set of running shoes!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ables-speakers
I saw this earlier and was going to investigate further. So far the last 18 months COVID has done a brilliant job in silencing the local karaoke machines. An alternative is acquiring a Black Widow catapult which at 10m will go straight through a coconut.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

There's an interesting and very sad article in The Guardian today about the homeless situation in NCR,an ongoing crisis exacerbated by the ongoing pandemic..It begs the question...how do these people manage to survive??
Old Oct 8th 2021, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I have often wondered if I put up a large speaker system and played at high volume the screech of a chicken hawk. If it would have any effect.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Was having a voice call with my gf whos in Leyte at moment....during the call can hear the screeching warbling tuneless sounds with which we all familiar....I asked her where its from , she said houses both left and right.
I said why not get your own kareoke machine and scream/screech out some sounds a la Black Sabbath AC DC etc.. .said " we were brought up not to disturb others and to show respect for those around us ".
If only every one in this country espoused such fine and wonderful values.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Until recently we had a sister in law living in our front apartment and sbe would have the music so loud it would make the ceiling buzz. She has since moved down the road and up the hill a bit. You can still hear her sound system come on at 5am.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I have often wondered if I put up a large speaker system and played at high volume the screech of a chicken hawk. If it would have any effect.
Two things that do work well, one is full volume Bolero at 04:00hrs the following morning and for those a little further away it is to teach your dogs to howl, apparently if you hear a dog howling someone close to you is going to die, so they pack up and go indoors and shut the door, my last dogs would howl on command so many a noisy karaoke evening finished early.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Two things that do work well, one is full volume Bolero at 04:00hrs the following morning and for those a little further away it is to teach your dogs to howl, apparently if you hear a dog howling someone close to you is going to die, so they pack up and go indoors and shut the door, my last dogs would howl on command so many a noisy karaoke evening finished early.
I was thinking more of shutting up the roosters, we have hundreds all around us, they do go quiet at about 1.30am for a couple of hours. I wondered if they heard a pray they would wind their necks in for a while.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I was thinking more of shutting up the roosters, we have hundreds all around us, they do go quiet at about 1.30am for a couple of hours. I wondered if they heard a pray they would wind their necks in for a while.
I was wondering how you thought the sound of a chicken hawk would silence karaoke machines. Thought I had missed a trick there.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

We heard all the Karaoke stuff but its only when there is a celebration or something on and the participants are usually well oiled. A friend and I were stuck in a guest house in Liete waiting for the ferries to run after a Tornado had passed and the Filipinos in the bar were giving our UK singers some dreadful renditions so Fred and I took the microphone and did our best.
Being asked at parties to sing a song and always declining, we bought our own Karaoke and I went though the book of songs to see which ones were possible for my old voice, ticking as appropriate. When asked again we volunteered and enjoyed the occasion and surprisingly asked to sing more. Tom Jones Green Green Grass of home is one of my favorites as is "Are you lonesome tonight?"
Old Dec 14th 2021, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

So, if you can't listen to them, join them? I don't want to do either!
Tom Jones' TGGGOH hasn't particularly happy memories for me. It was played loudly just about every morning for some weeks on end by someone in a nearby house when we lived in Muntinlupa some years ago.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Post Re: Karaoke Solutions

Our expat groups would always have a rented out Karaoke box and the wives would flock to. I enjoyed a good singsong and strangely enough miss the Christmas carol services, one time a lorry arrived in Stowmarket with a band on the back and we stood around with a pint in our hands giving it the most.
I did download some UK Christmas carols and handed round the song sheets at an expat gathering which we enjoyed ......after a few beers of course.
Some up market subdivisions here restrict the Karaoke to a few hours only and that makes the homes begin earlier haha.