Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

which island in august in Philippines away from the typhoon

which island in august in Philippines away from the typhoon

Old May 13th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Florana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which island in august in Philippines away from the typhoon

I am planning to go the second week of august. Now I have read a lot of website about the rain and the bad weather over july and august.
Which will be the best island for some nice and relaxing 3-4 days break and sunny with not too much typhoon.

Thank you
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Default Re: which island in august in Philippines away from the typhoon

Gosh Florana, ....difficult to say with complete honesty. The island of Palawan is quiet with regard to typhoons, but we've arrived there just before a typhoon on the last plane from Manila and the rain was over the next day.
Not much going on for mall shopping though in these parts.........and you must visit these
Old May 24th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Florana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sunnydays

Thank you for your reply. I think I may have to book last minute. Which part pf Palawan would you recommend me for a nice and relaxing surrounding? I heard El Nido was beautiful, any hotel there you would suggest?

thank you
Old May 26th 2010, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Hi Florana,

Hey I'm not a tourist chap ... Do a google search on El Nido and make a choice from your search. Do put soup spoon in your baggage because it makes eating the liquid dishes much easier than dessert spoons.

Happy holiday
Old Jun 6th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

South of Luzon, and West of Leyte; will see you dodge most typhoons. Although if one does strike it affects the weather in the whole region.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Filipinos are accustomed to typhoons, they clear the damage up the next day in the sunshine and get the water and power going soon afterwards.
For a few days holiday I'd select a resort with all the amenities you enjoy and hope for the best. The staff will ensure that you don't get much disturbance with the weather.
The resort needs a generator and Sat TV for the wet days
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

mattwilkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally i dont find the weather too bad except on Luzon which seems to have a wrath upon it in the last 12 months. I live on Cebu and generally when the bad weather hits it rains heavily but clears up in no time as well. Have to decide what you want out of your trip as personally if your here for 2 weeks i would look at doing more than one place to get the most of out of your holiday.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

amanda1101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Florana
I am planning to go the second week of august. Now I have read a lot of website about the rain and the bad weather over july and august.
Which will be the best island for some nice and relaxing 3-4 days break and sunny with not too much typhoon.

Thank you
Practically the West of the Visayas portion of the country is typhoon free all year long except when there are freak weather systems that forces a typhoon to change its course. Most of Mindanao is also typhoon free. But that is not a good tip to follow as Mindanao has an insurgency problem.

I am interested though to know why you're going there?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:50 am
Just Joined

turko-steve will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: which island in august in Philippines away from the typhoon

Hello Florana.
There are parts of the Philippines that never have Typhoons. Try and get some information on beach resorts in southern Mindanao. I have a friend who always holidays there with his filipina wife. Most areas are safe its just a few small areas that are not.

Have a good holiday.
Steve
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:31 am
Just Joined

belle4484 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Florana! if you want to go to Palawan, the el nido beach resorts are good choices- miniloc or lagen. visit their website- www.elnidoresorts.com Cheers!