iponan

Old Apr 15th 2019, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iponan

Hi,ime going to the Philippines to be with my partner,we are going to buy our own place in Iponan,can anybody tel me about this place please,thanks Frank.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iponan

have you looked at google i see it is in Cagayan de oro city in Mindanao.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Hi Mike,yes i have googled Iponan its just outside Cagayan,is it a safe area to live in,thanks Frank.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Frank2
Hi Mike,yes i have googled Iponan its just outside Cagayan,is it a safe area to live in,thanks Frank.
have a look at
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines

note also that travel in some areas will invalidate any travel insurance.
good luck.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

hi bestvue,thanks for reply,my partner says Iponan is a safe area to live in,but ime not so sure,thanks Frank.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 8:01 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa!

Slow down there!

I'm guessing your partner wants to buy a place there because of family.

I would take time to get to know the area AND HER FAMILY before committing to anything, ideally staying for at least six months, one year better. Rent before you buy. If this isn't feasible, repeat visits over time.

What's the purpose of buying a place there? Are you planning on moving soon?

what are you expecting from this place? What does it have to offer you? At the end of the day, you're going to be the one paying for it presumably. Has your partner considered your wants and needs?

Tropical paradise can turn to tropical hell fairly quickly.

DON'T COMMIT TO ANYTHING TOO SOON!

it's your money....you get to decide.....what's best for both of you.

Some uncomfortable conversations may have to be had.

Old Apr 16th 2019, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Hi,thanks for the advice,yes we are going to move to iponan in August,at the moment we are both living in France,till my partners contract finishes at the end of July,then we go to Iponan to live and get married,thanks again Frank.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dung dung dung... can’t wait for this thread to grow. Please let us know how it all goes.

Renting is solid advice - that applies to the house as well as the woman.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 12:55 am
Account Closed

Hi Millhouse,ime laughing my head off here about renting the woman,i like your style although i dont think my partner would be to happy about it LOL,thanks for the advice anyway,and yes i will let you know how we get on thanks Frank.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
Hi Millhouse,ime laughing my head off here about renting the woman,i like your style although i dont think my partner would be to happy about it LOL,thanks for the advice anyway,and yes i will let you know how we get on thanks Frank.
With respect to living close to family, it can be a problem, more for the wife than myself. I am quite strict and the wife's family know that I will step up if I see that there is a genuine problem, but they are not adversed to persuading my wife to help when it is not. She sometimes feels cornered and sometimes wants to move away from the family, despite me being comfortable living here.

I would rent where your wife wants to live for minimum a year or possibly two and then sit down and have a frank discussion as to where you both would like to live. Can't remember who said it on one of these threads but they suggested that the close family should not be closer that a 15 hour bus ride away. I would concur with that.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Hi Stokkevn,thanks for the advice,i like the 15 hour bus ride away lol,thanks Frank.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

****but they suggested that the close family should not be closer that a 15 hour bus ride away. I would concur with that***** Or nearest town....on another island.

HTH
Old Apr 18th 2019, 8:06 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
With respect to living close to family, it can be a problem, more for the wife than myself. I am quite strict and the wife's family know that I will step up if I see that there is a genuine problem, but they are not adversed to persuading my wife to help when it is not. She sometimes feels cornered and sometimes wants to move away from the family, despite me being comfortable living here.

I would rent where your wife wants to live for minimum a year or possibly two and then sit down and have a frank discussion as to where you both would like to live. Can't remember who said it on one of these threads but they suggested that the close family should not be closer that a 15 hour bus ride away. I would concur with that.
Bought a second house last year over 600km away from family. It's been working out great so far.

A big effort for anyone to come and visit, fuel costs, time off etc. So they don't come often.

Houseguests, nice to see them, nicer to see them leave.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Bought a second house last year over 600km away from family. It's been working out great so far.

A big effort for anyone to come and visit, fuel costs, time off etc. So they don't come often.

Houseguests, nice to see them, nicer to see them leave.
My mother-in-law was visiting quite a few years ago when she went to a friends wake near us. The chat got around one evening to death, she said that she was so lucky to have such a nice house to be laid out in when she died, namely mine. It was explained to her that no one, not even me was going to be laid out in our house as both wife and I have opted for immediate cremation. M-i-L was convinced for some reason that I was going to ship her body from Manila and have her laid out in our house. So even 3 islands away may still be too close.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
My mother-in-law was visiting quite a few years ago when she went to a friends wake near us. The chat got around one evening to death, she said that she was so lucky to have such a nice house to be laid out in when she died, namely mine. It was explained to her that no one, not even me was going to be laid out in our house as both wife and I have opted for immediate cremation. M-i-L was convinced for some reason that I was going to ship her body from Manila and have her laid out in our house. So even 3 islands away may still be too close.
With ref to immediate cremation, that made me smile with thoughts of the classic O.F.A.H. sketch, where late one evening Grandpa Trotter collapses with feigned exhaustion and expressing his wishes for eventual death says, "Del, I want to be cremated". True to form, DelBoy Trotter exclaims, "Well, you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow Grandad, they're closed now!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.