Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

info on staying in philipenes

info on staying in philipenes

Old Jul 5th 2013, 7:52 am
Just Joined

acid2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info on staying in philipenes

hi there new to the site and just want some advice.

im 37 years old and I have visited Philippines' many times (in particular Cebu). im looking to go there for maybe a year or more depending on what is feasible, I have read somewhere that I can renew my 59 day visa every 59 days (source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_c...es_with_a_visa ).
my question is has anybody done this? was there any issues with doing this method and how did they find the whole process?.

also if I wanted to stay longer that 16 months do I just leave the country for say a week then I can come back for another 16 months using this method or are there restrictions?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old Jul 7th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all
Default Re: info on staying in philipenes

Just recently, the 6 month extension was introduced. I asked the guy at Immigration about it last week when I extended (only requested one month as I'm off to Bangkok next Friday for the weekend so it'd be dead money anyway) and he confirmed it's up and running at a cost between 9 and 10k. Just put "6" in the requested months box on the standard form.

Get to Immigration at Intramuros for 08:30 any weekday morning and you'll be out by 10:00 with a bit of luck. Leave it later in the day and you'll be hanging around.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

I have put a reply up on the other thread you opened.
If you have visited many times, you will have no problem. Eighteen years ago (1995) a friend extended for six months, with no real problem. It is even easier now. An American friend did so three years ago, but then married his Filipina girlfriend, so permanent residency was easy.
The BI office is not far from SM, and close to "Savemore" in a Northerly Direction on the NRA (North Reclamation Area) Road.
Truthfully you will find the BI Cebu Office extremely friendly and helpful.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 4:34 am
Just Joined

2Cats2 is an unknown quantity at this point

59 day extension....I did this at the airport, Manila NAIA on entering the Philippines last time. Much easier than waiting and then finding the local immigration office in wherever you are going to. The office is on the extreme right hand side at the airport, just beyond immigration control. It took about 20 minutes and costs the same, 3500 pesos I think.

Also saw the recent notification that you can extend the tourist visa to 6 months. It cost just the same, i.e. 59 day extension & 2 x 2 months extension. As I understand it, it is just an extension, i.e. not a visa to allow you to come and go for six months as you wish. If you get the six-month extension and then leave after a couple of months then you start all over again when you come back. A waste of money. Only worth getting if you know for sure that you will stay for six months or more.