Income suggestions

Old Oct 6th 2019, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

EwanD is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Income suggestions

I am thinking about moving to the Philippines within the next few years and have plans to build a multi unit apartment building there which I’m currently saving for - we have already purchased the lot. However, if we do or don’t go through with this, I would need another source of income on my part, my partner has work but I’m aware it’s near impossible to be employed by an employer there. I’d be open to any suggestions except for teaching English as I do not have the qualifications to be doing so.
Also, I’d be living in Laguna, Luzon
Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2019, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Income suggestions

Originally Posted by EwanD
I am thinking about moving to the Philippines within the next few years and have plans to build a multi unit apartment building there which I’m currently saving for - we have already purchased the lot. However, if we do or don’t go through with this, I would need another source of income on my part, my partner has work but I’m aware it’s near impossible to be employed by an employer there. I’d be open to any suggestions except for teaching English as I do not have the qualifications to be doing so.
Also, I’d be living in Laguna, Luzon
Cheers
Before you even consider work you need to think about what visa you will on. Not all visas allow you to work.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Before you even consider work you need to think about what visa you will on. Not all visas allow you to work.
I intend to get the 13a visa since it makes the most sense
Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Something that can be sorted before you arrive then. The Philippines can be a great place to retire on a pension from your home country, any sort of local income will be an uphill struggle.

Last edited by Gazza-d; Oct 7th 2019 at 10:43 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Something that can be sorted before you arrive then. The Philippines can be a great place to retire on a pension from your home country, any sort of local income will be an uphill struggle.
Exactly, and good advice. I have looked at options to seek an income via a business. Having researched and asked foreigner owned bussinesmen for there opinion I have realized that the risks are extremely high, and the rewards very poor.
One of the problems is the buracracy and paperwork are daunting.To succeed you would need substantial capital and even if you had such funds your ROI would take years, if ever.
I looked at Building a boarding House on a large scale and the Final nail in the confin was the cost of a sprinkler system which was 1.5 million php. Without a sprinkler system it would be impossible to get the Building validated for a permit of use. The other downside, where do you get staff that are reliable,competant, and trustworthy to manager the business.
I dropped the project because I am retired and did not want to become a slave to the business, head aches are not for me.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1

Exactly, and good advice. I have looked at options to seek an income via a business. Having researched and asked foreigner owned bussinesmen for there opinion I have realized that the risks are extremely high, and the rewards very poor.
One of the problems is the buracracy and paperwork are daunting.To succeed you would need substantial capital and even if you had such funds your ROI would take years, if ever.
I looked at Building a boarding House on a large scale and the Final nail in the confin was the cost of a sprinkler system which was 1.5 million php. Without a sprinkler system it would be impossible to get the Building validated for a permit of use. The other downside, where do you get staff that are reliable,competant, and trustworthy to manager the business.
I dropped the project because I am retired and did not want to become a slave to the business, head aches are not for me.
The wife's family of course lol
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew_AJP
The wife's family of course lol

After reading P11s family saga, I would prefer to trust a double glazing salesman, estate agent, or worse, a polotician.....lol.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Cheers
As I understand if you get the 13a in the UK you don't have to go through the "probationary" period of a year in the Philippines and the reapply is this the case?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure. I got my 13a in the Philippines and it was easy. I have served my probationary 1 year and have a 5 year 13a visa. Will have to report once a year to establish that my circumstances have not changed. Very simple, just make sure that all the paperwork you need to supply is correct and where a document needs authentication it is done. A marriage certificate Will have to be authenticated if the marriage was in the UK.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andrew_AJP
As I understand if you get the 13a in the UK you don't have to go through the "probationary" period of a year in the Philippines and the reapply is this the case?
It was the case but the information is now conflicting if you read the Philippines embassy london website. As it is your wife that applies on your behalf I assume she would need to be abroad with you when the application is made.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

It was the case but the information is now conflicting if you read the Philippines embassy london website. As it is your wife that applies on your behalf I assume she would need to be abroad with you when the application is made.
Yes that would be the case we have been together 10 years in the UK
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies, 13a would be the way to go, although I’ve never heard of getting past the 1 year probationary so I’ll look into that. As for the income, I’m in my early 20s so I can’t rely on a pension...
‘the cost of a sprinkler system which was 1.5 million php’ that’s an insane amount for just one part of the building. However, small individual units won’t require sprinkler systems so it’s still the main option in terms of how I’ll make money over there. One thing I’m unsure of is if I’d need to declare it as a business since it’s multiple units? If so I know I can only own 40% which isn’t a big deal since it will just be me and my partner, whose name is on the land title anyway. So does anyone know if it would have to be made a business/corporation?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

No problem the yearly review is exactly that. If your circumstances have not changed no problem. If however for some reason you and your wife split up the 13a Will be revoked, and you would then have to make do with a Tourist visa. You cannot own land ,run a business ,have a Bank account, or have a driving license on a Tourist visa .

You need to do some very serious research before coming to live in the Philippines. How many times have you visited the Philippines and what is the maximum period you have spent there.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 6:09 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

How much money are you looking to invest in the Philippines and what's your expected return?

Have you considered buying property in the UK and renting it out? Might be a while lot easier and less hassle, and it's yours.

Do you have a degree? If you do aTESOLcert there are plenty of Chinese companies out there for teaching online that will pull in a couple of thousand dollars a month without too much difficulty.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

''there are plenty of Chinese companies out there for teaching online that will pull in a couple of thousand dollars a month without too much difficulty.''

there are?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.