Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

How to get U.K. and Australian tv in Philippines

How to get U.K. and Australian tv in Philippines

Old Nov 1st 2023, 3:54 am
Just Joined

samtheman123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get U.K. and Australian tv in Philippines

I been living in the Philippines for 3 years now. First in Manila for 3 months now in Siargao.
Anyhow. Yes I am from the U.K. but I have also lived in Australia b4. I am a big Doctor who fan. I know it is coming to Disney plus which I have got but the new spin off show is so far only going to be on iPlayer. So how can I watch IPlayer that is really the only thing from the U.K. I would like. Plus as I have lived in Australia b4 it would be great to get some Aussie TV. One last thing how can I get paramount plus in the Philippines as I really want to be able to watch the new series of Frasier. How ever good or bad these things are it be great to someone watch them.
i am not very good with modern technology so that is why I am asking for help and info.
Old Nov 1st 2023, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get U.K. and Australian tv in Philippines

Get a VPN. Better not a free or cheap one.I use Surfshark. Good value but the more expensive Nord and Express are probably better. You can trial most VPNs for free first.

Then you need to register with the BBC. Now there are more questions than a few years ago.I see one asks if you are abroad. You should lie to that...but make sure your UK VPN is on when you apply for registration as there is only one BBC service you can legally watch from abroad. Something called Global News, with a subscription. Give a UK postcode. I used my old one.
Be sure your bandwidth is capable to watch the iPlayer.

The only Oz TV I have watched was SBS. For the last Football World Cup. That also needed a VPN.
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I also use VPN unlike Raffin I use Nord VPN.
Old Nov 7th 2023, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add that I have found one free VPN that is worth considering. Useful as a reserve VPN, even if you already have one.

You can use Privado for free, one UK IP address. Connecting takes 20 seconds or so, effective limit for the BBC iPlayer a useful 10GB a month. Tried it a few times and it works.
If you want Australia you have to go Premium. Not expensive.
Registering for the free option needs some perseverence as they try to get you to pay.

No response from the OP. I see he asked the same question here before, posting under a slightly different name, and got the same response. Anyway. If he is still looking here he might find this very basic VPN suitable.

Last edited by Raffin; Nov 7th 2023 at 9:26 am.