At Home Broadband

Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At Home Broadband

Hi David,

We have looked ar the usual websites, OLX, Carmundi etc. All the main dealers are listed.What really was confusing the adverts were stating the cars we looked at were brand new, but were described as year 2014' 2015. How could they be brand new........who in there right mind would pay top dollar for an old model.

To clarify this we went to the local Ford dealer in Dagupan City, Pangasinan, who could offer us a 2015 model with a discount of nothing!! We told him we wanted a current model as it contains many new features and a facelift. They had no vehicles to show and wanted a reservation fee...........plus offered a 40k discount on a 2.9m car.

Telephoned Ford Global City , Manila, they offered a 10k discount, saying the vehicle in question (Ford Explorer 3.5 sport) was rare so could not offer more.

Currently discussing a 65k discount with another Manila based Ford Dealer. Incidentally, these dealers offered 700k, 1m, and 1.1m for our car in part ex. The problem selling it private is I have doubts that any purchasers would have that kind of cash and would need finance.

The car I have is a Toyota Fortuner 2015, 3.0 diesel, V model (top model) 10980 Kim's only, FSH.Printine condition.

Will keep you posted of any developments.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
Hi David,

We have looked ar the usual websites, OLX, Carmundi etc. All the main dealers are listed.What really was confusing the adverts were stating the cars we looked at were brand new, but were described as year 2014' 2015. How could they be brand new........who in there right mind would pay top dollar for an old model.
Also watch out for the year of manufacture, with my car the year of manufacture is clearly stated on all documents as 2008, but the seat belt manufacture certification tag says 2002. So my car is at best a 2003 model. No car manufacturer or seatbelt manufacturer is going to keep a stock of seatbelts for up to 6 years, a few months is more likely. The date of manufacture refers to the date the used car was imported from Japan and the steering and dashboard changed. Always check the seatbelt tag to approximate the actual age of the vehicle.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Also watch out for the year of manufacture, with my car the year of manufacture is clearly stated on all documents as 2008, but the seat belt manufacture certification tag says 2002. So my car is at best a 2003 model. No car manufacturer or seatbelt manufacturer is going to keep a stock of seatbelts for up to 6 years, a few months is more likely. The date of manufacture refers to the date the used car was imported from Japan and the steering and dashboard changed. Always check the seatbelt tag to approximate the actual age of the vehicle.
Most car manufacturers update their models on a yearly basis, albeit sometimes only a few cosmetic touches, but it does enable you to identify the model year very accurately.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1
Hi David,

To clarify this we went to the local Ford dealer in Dagupan City, Pangasinan, who could offer us a 2015 model with a discount of nothing!! We told him we wanted a current model as it contains many new features and a facelift. They had no vehicles to show and wanted a reservation fee...........plus offered a 40k discount on a 2.9m car.

Telephoned Ford Global City , Manila, they offered a 10k discount, saying the vehicle in question (Ford Explorer 3.5 sport) was rare so could not offer more.

Currently discussing a 65k discount with another Manila based Ford Dealer. Incidentally, these dealers offered 700k, 1m, and 1.1m for our car in part ex. The problem selling it private is I have doubts that any purchasers would have that kind of cash and would need finance.

The car I have is a Toyota Fortuner 2015, 3.0 diesel, V model (top model) 10980 Kim's only, FSH.Printine condition.

Will keep you posted of any developments.
This is the website I use to get up to date prices. Seems like your Explorer Sport 4x4 retails for about P2.9m, less any dealer incentives. http://ph.priceprice.com/Ford-Explor...OfficialPrclst
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Most car manufacturers update their models on a yearly basis, albeit sometimes only a few cosmetic touches, but it does enable you to identify the model year very accurately.
Or you can try to look up the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Once you have that number you can find more details about the car online.