At Home Broadband

Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default At Home Broadband

Just had a Globe At Home broadband deal flyer left in my gate. Seems quite good 15Mbps, 150Gb per month for P1599 a month, until you come to the really small print which states that minimum speed is 256kbps and service reliability 80% or greater. So you could end up with 27.5 days at 256kbps and 2.5 days with no broadband at all, per month and still fall within the contract provision limits.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At Home Broadband

Having a flyer is one thing, availability is no guarantee. Do you have fibre where you are.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

The warning word is GLOBE Pete! Pity you can't get PLDT Fibr as that seems the best of the available connections. We have a 50Mbps unlimited download for 2500 a month and 95% of the time it works fine. Just done a speedtest to Singapore and got 21.37Mbps. It does slow done late afternoon when everyone gets home, but normally no problem.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Having a flyer is one thing, availability is no guarantee. Do you have fibre where you are.
The only fibre we have here is grass and bamboo. The village does not even have any landline in it, the only service the village has is electricity.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

We pay PHP 1500 per month for unlimited broadband and 200 television channels. Internet speed is very good as is the reliability. Company we use USATV. All of our neighbors use the same company. Would also add the signal is strong enough to use our devices outside.

On another issue, have found Skype the best for phoning in the Philippines. Got fed up of load running out rapidly (smart and globe) . At least with Skype I just use my credit card to load and can phone anywhere and monitor the cost. Phoning the U.K. Is so cheap and very clear.When I phone someone in the Philippines they also say the line is so clear

Mikek
Old Jun 11th 2017, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, the broadband costs PHP 600 and the TV channels PHP900.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Skype is great for calling UK etc. My 10euro load lasts a long time!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

kompani101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Just had a Globe At Home broadband deal flyer left in my gate. Seems quite good 15Mbps, 150Gb per month for P1599 a month, until you come to the really small print which states that minimum speed is 256kbps and service reliability 80% or greater. So you could end up with 27.5 days at 256kbps and 2.5 days with no broadband at all, per month and still fall within the contract provision limits.
We have PLDT LTE (Ultera) as our village has neither fibre or telephone cables. As the data is capped at 70GB/month for 1699peso we pay for 2 connections and that is barely enough as we have three teenage girls so line 3 will be ordered soon. Speed is around 8Mps download and 2Mps upload, just about adequate. It works 99.9% of the time but we have had two instances in the past 6 months of being incorrectly charged and, despite PLDT confirming it was their error took huge effort and lots of calls to get our money back. First time it took 1 month and we had no broadband for for almost 2 weeks and the second time no broadband on one line for a week and they had to be threatened with legal action to get our money back. Globe do not provide a LTE service in our area so we must use PLDT but their customer service is appalling.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kompani101
We have PLDT LTE (Ultera) as our village has neither fibre or telephone cables. As the data is capped at 70GB/month for 1699peso we pay for 2 connections and that is barely enough as we have three teenage girls so line 3 will be ordered soon. Speed is around 8Mps download and 2Mps upload, just about adequate. It works 99.9% of the time but we have had two instances in the past 6 months of being incorrectly charged and, despite PLDT confirming it was their error took huge effort and lots of calls to get our money back. First time it took 1 month and we had no broadband for for almost 2 weeks and the second time no broadband on one line for a week and they had to be threatened with legal action to get our money back. Globe do not provide a LTE service in our area so we must use PLDT but their customer service is appalling.
70GB per month is huge, times 2 or 3 are you sure you are actually seeing all of it. My 18 year old at the time son could only burn through about 20 GB a month.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

The only fibre we have here is grass and bamboo. The village does not even have any landline in it, the only service the village has is electricity.
We are the same but use SMART_Ultera LTE, like 4G. It has a 70GB cap for 1699pesp/month, or less depending on scheme, with a speed of around 8Mps down / 2Mps up . it is more expensive compared to fibre or wired. If your monthly data allowance runs out you can be additional 'boosters' of up to a max of 2 x 10GB (I think). Ours works 99+% of the time, which is good. It is delivered via PLDT who are useless if you have a problem but otherwise OK. Installation is free but you have to be within, I think, 3km of the tower. We are slightly further than that so we have a 25m high bamboo mast with the transceiver box mounted on the top.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
70GB per month is huge, times 2 or 3 are you sure you are actually seeing all of it. My 18 year old at the time son could only burn through about 20 GB a month.
I have Globe Home Broadband, the speed is 1Mbps ( when it feels like it, after 18:00hrs it is about half that ) and 3GB limit per day, which I quite often use as I download a lot of UK TV programs from the 70s, 80s and 90s when I was overseas.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

I have Globe Home Broadband, the speed is 1Mbps ( when it feels like it, after 18:00hrs it is about half that ) and 3GB limit per day, which I quite often use as I download a lot of UK TV programs from the 70s, 80s and 90s when I was overseas.
We have 3 teenagers in the house, my wife and I are early retired. Our 140GB doest last the month. I use almost 70GB on my connection and my wife and kids use 70GB plus 2x10GB boosters a month (160GB/m). We are getting a 3rd connection next month. I have a data logger on our 2 connections and it matches the figures from PLDT's system. I was used to unlimited in the UK so find this very restrictive as streaming films/music/radio uses too much data so we don't do it. I want Netflix, fairly new here in PH, so hope if we get our 3rd connection we can stream some descent TV. :-)
Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kompani101
We have 3 teenagers in the house, my wife and I are early retired. Our 140GB doest last the month. I use almost 70GB on my connection and my wife and kids use 70GB plus 2x10GB boosters a month (160GB/m). We are getting a 3rd connection next month. I have a data logger on our 2 connections and it matches the figures from PLDT's system. I was used to unlimited in the UK so find this very restrictive as streaming films/music/radio uses too much data so we don't do it. I want Netflix, fairly new here in PH, so hope if we get our 3rd connection we can stream some descent TV. :-)
That doesn't sound right at all. That is a hell of a lot of data. I regularly stream Netflix at home and our data consumption is nowhere near the figures you are quoting. You guys must spend 24x7 on line streaming.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
That doesn't sound right at all. That is a hell of a lot of data. I regularly stream Netflix at home and our data consumption is nowhere near the figures you are quoting. You guys must spend 24x7 on line streaming.
It's easy to get to 70GB a month! for example, I download a lot of UK TV programmes to watch on our TV to suit us and documentaries from MVGroup.
Most documentaries are over 1GB and a HD TV programme can be near that as well. Yesterday I downloaded a few series of Last of The Summer wine and that was 11GB on its own! The documentary series on Le Mans (6 episodes) was 5.5GB, so it soon adds up.This morning I've done emmerdale and HIGNFY plus a couple of others and my download meter says I'm at 2.8GB . I've just looked at the statistics and over the last 30 days it says I've downloaded 118GB just on this one PC. This includes ALL activity including the little bit of streaming I do. Luckily we are on PLDT Fibr with unlimited download. I also have an Android TV box which my wife uses to watch programmes that are not on cable here, so that adds to the load.
So, if we had a couple of teenagers as well doing what teenagers do , then we could easily exceed 200GB a month!
OK, if I was paying by the GB then I would have a different attitude!
Old Jun 13th 2017, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quiltman
It's easy to get to 70GB a month! for example, I download a lot of UK TV programmes to watch on our TV to suit us and documentaries from MVGroup.
Most documentaries are over 1GB and a HD TV programme can be near that as well. Yesterday I downloaded a few series of Last of The Summer wine and that was 11GB on its own! The documentary series on Le Mans (6 episodes) was 5.5GB, so it soon adds up.This morning I've done emmerdale and HIGNFY plus a couple of others and my download meter says I'm at 2.8GB . I've just looked at the statistics and over the last 30 days it says I've downloaded 118GB just on this one PC. This includes ALL activity including the little bit of streaming I do. Luckily we are on PLDT Fibr with unlimited download. I also have an Android TV box which my wife uses to watch programmes that are not on cable here, so that adds to the load.
So, if we had a couple of teenagers as well doing what teenagers do , then we could easily exceed 200GB a month!
OK, if I was paying by the GB then I would have a different attitude!
Yes I can see now how you get up to that amount of data. Can you share which sites you use to download, also have you found a decent site for streaming live sports, English Premier League, MotoGP, F1 etc?
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.