Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Hi - Newbie here with a few questions to the PH forum

Hi - Newbie here with a few questions to the PH forum

Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - Newbie here with a few questions to the PH forum

Oh, forgot to add I pay after receipt via LBC Padala or direct to his BDO account! Well, we Brits can be trusted to pay our debts can't we?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes most of us can

I will pay COD if he is happy with that. If he has a guy on a scooter I reckon it is a 10 minute quick dash
Old Jun 6th 2017, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Not exactly on topic, but in a similar vein. I decided against shipping my furniture as the cost of shipping was more than the cost of replacing. One or two things that I did decide to send across, as they are very expensive in Philippines is a Bosch oven, ceramic hob and extractor fan. Also a Samsung 65" UHD Curved Screen TV. I bought the units from the dealer in Dubai about 6 weeks ago at a fraction of Philippines prices and for a nominal fee of P6K per item they arranged shipping. When I asked about customs inspection/fees, I was told don't worry. Well surprise surprise, a van pulled up outside my house in Davao last week and dropped off the items. All in good condition, no damage and no Taxes. Super happy.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Not exactly on topic, but in a similar vein. I decided against shipping my furniture as the cost of shipping was more than the cost of replacing. One or two things that I did decide to send across, as they are very expensive in Philippines is a Bosch oven, ceramic hob and extractor fan. Also a Samsung 65" UHD Curved Screen TV. I bought the units from the dealer in Dubai about 6 weeks ago at a fraction of Philippines prices and for a nominal fee of P6K per item they arranged shipping. When I asked about customs inspection/fees, I was told don't worry. Well surprise surprise, a van pulled up outside my house in Davao last week and dropped off the items. All in good condition, no damage and no Taxes. Super happy.
Brilliant, nice to see a happy ending without any hassle.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

Final update to give status and comments under my newbie thread......well I am now almost a 4 month "veteran" !.

1. Fully settled in and visa all in hand - final visa stamp last week and ACR-I/AEP all now done for a year.
2. As predicted by most of you and despite my company being in shipping we still had problems getting the container out of the port. Incurred demurage and storage charges to the tune of 87k! Plus had to stump up a bond as my visa was still a WIP.

- I know nothing John Snow !

3. The good news is that nothing was missing and no breakages!.
4. Wifes new lady driver started work and lasted for 6 weeks.....she was a bloody nut job !.

So in summary our first 4 months have been very interesting to say the least and even though we had prepared ourselves for it being 'different' we still didnt realise how different it would be. We are learning everyday and if nothing else its exciting !

Best Regards
Chris

Ps emailed the Welsh Deli to look to see if they deliver to Angeles....no reply despite 2 attempts.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Roy at Welsh Deli via his Facebook Page. He replies in a few hours. I order via FB and last order was shipped Tuesday, arrived here Wednesday PM. Sausage, liver and onion gravy for dinner tonight! https://www.facebook.com/welshdeli/
Old Aug 17th 2017, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we get response with Facebook and its fast.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI....hooked up with Roy from the Welsh Deli and now I'm a very happy chappy indeed !!
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisKVie
FYI....hooked up with Roy from the Welsh Deli and now I'm a very happy chappy indeed !!
Glad you sorted it! Lincolnshire sausage sandwich for brekky today! YUM!