Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Flights to Philippines from UK advice?

Flights to Philippines from UK advice?

Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

stacy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Philippines from UK advice?

Hi i know this forum is mainly for expat discussion. But i'm pretty sure some of you expats fly back and forth fairly often to the uk. and i recon your the best to ask. Can anyone recommend a good airline to fly to manila with, economy class? I've used Qatar airways & Cathay Pacific in the past, but i'm just wondering if there are any others worth a mention? i could research online but i figure you guys would have the best advice. Thank you Stacy
Old Apr 5th 2018, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to Philippines from UK advice?

try PAL, it is direct
Old Apr 5th 2018, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks i just had a look its well expensive!
Old Apr 5th 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
try PAL, it is direct
From LHR with PAL. Be prepared for no inflight entertainment and limited drinks service and PAL are quite expensive. Malaysian airlines have good service and are normally cheaper than Qatar and Cathay Pacific. China Southern is also cheap but I have never traveled with them so service will be as you find them. A friend always travels Turkish Airlines and recons they are great and normally costs less than whatever I end up using.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
From LHR with PAL. Be prepared for no inflight entertainment and limited drinks service and PAL are quite expensive. Malaysian airlines have good service and are normally cheaper than Qatar and Cathay Pacific. China Southern is also cheap but I have never traveled with them so service will be as you find them. A friend always travels Turkish Airlines and recons they are great and normally costs less than whatever I end up using.
Thanks mike I'll check em out
Old Apr 6th 2018, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

PAL in flight entertainment was an Ipad that had movie channels and lots more.

Food was good, no issue with refreshments, they trolly dolly the same as any other carrier I use them for return flights from the Philippines £650 return for my next booking'

I just prefer non stop

quantas just made a big show on non stop perth to heathrow when Pal, but for an extra couple hundred or so Km have been doing this for awhile
Old Apr 6th 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

expatuk2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

We mainly used Cathay Pacific and Singapore airlines often upgraded to business class and once 1st class ! Only used Emirates once but 8 hour stop over .
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikemike
PAL in flight entertainment was an Ipad that had movie channels and lots more.

Food was good, no issue with refreshments, they trolly dolly the same as any other carrier I use them for return flights from the Philippines £650 return for my next booking'

I just prefer non stop

quantas just made a big show on non stop perth to heathrow when Pal, but for an extra couple hundred or so Km have been doing this for awhile
Thanks I just got a quote for £1200 in June!I have done it for a lot cheaper in the past, nice it's only 14 hours though.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

We have used etihad a few times night flights with a 2hr stopover in Abu Dhabi.
If I remember right cost was about 500 GBP return each.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bestvue
We have used etihad a few times night flights with a 2hr stopover in Abu Dhabi.
If I remember right cost was about 500 GBP return each.
Thanks I'll get price. Have to be really careful these days with clone sites! I've seen a few
Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

We often use skyscanner for flights, you normally get the e ticket within 48 hrs then jusy go into the airline sight to check that it's legit. We arrive back from the Philippines yesterday morning on Cathay Pacific and paid £430 each. one and a half hour stopover in Hong Kong both ways.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Momondo.com is my main search engine flights
Old Apr 12th 2018, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbo462003
Momondo.com is my main search engine flights
I did some research on them and it looks risky! Some people getting scammed!
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used Momondo.com to search for flights to Europe and South East Asia for years and have always found Momondo.com to come up with the lowest online price with various booking companies such as Omeaga flight store.co.uk, Travelbag.co.uk and the airline direct on occasions. Momondo is a skyscraper flight finder and very good.Just my experience over 20 years.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbo462003
I have used Momondo.com to search for flights to Europe and South East Asia for years and have always found Momondo.com to come up with the lowest online price with various booking companies such as Omeaga flight store.co.uk, Travelbag.co.uk and the airline direct on occasions. Momondo is a skyscraper flight finder and very good.Just my experience over 20 years.
Maybe you are the owner of Momondo.com and scan these forums looking for prey maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.