Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Ex Pats near Batangas City

Ex Pats near Batangas City

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

woody01386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex Pats near Batangas City

Hi,
We're thinking of moving to live near Batangas City in the near future and was curious about what the social life was like. Are there any social clubs/ events and are there many ex pats/ other foreigners living in the area. We'd also like to hear if anyone can recomend any bars/restuarants or places to visit and things to do

Many Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

shiredevon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ex Pats near Batangas City

hmmm, i live in mindoro but my wife's from batangas so we're there quite often, no ex pat community i'm afraid, you see the odd foreigner walking around the malls me included hehe, you can always get a banka to sabang(Puerto Galera) plenty of foreign tourists and a few regulars it's a dive resort with the usual entertainment if you know what i mean, may see you for a beer there sometime eh, good luck with the move.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Batangas is fairly industrialised. Had a mate who lived in Lipa City but he hated it and has recently moved to the typhoon free white sand beaches of Bohol.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

We lived in gated subdivision near Lemery Batangas for 5 years and have moved to Laguna. Nearest SM is Batangas but the roads are "chocker" and we made the trip over Tagaytay to Dasmarinas where the SM is three story and good secondhand book store in the ground floor and the roads are more pleasant.
Didn't think much of Batangas only went there for special occasions or to visit a selected bank of dealer.
Much depends on what you do in your spare time or need for hobbies. Good epoxy shop near the Batangas port if you are into making boats.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:14 am
Banned

Friendly O is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am travelling to Manila during the next week, arriving on the 20th of April.

I would really like to meet up with fellow expats for a nice chat and a banter, but I'm afraid I don't know anyone residing in Manila at the moment.

Would any of you nice chaps be up for a beer or two next week?
The first beer will be on me!
Please let me know: <snip>

Last edited by Catchafire; Nov 18th 2013 at 7:49 pm. Reason: No personal email address please, use the PM system
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

tartantbird is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in mindoro but my wife's from batangas so we're there quite often, no ex pat community i'm afraid, you see the odd foreigner walking around the malls me included hehe, you can always get a banka to sabang(Puerto Galera) plenty of foreign tourists and a few regulars it's a dive resort with the usual entertainment if you know what i mean, may see you for a beer there sometime eh, good luck with the move

Mindoro...been there a few times...thinking of returning soon..to mamburao