ECC For 13A Visa holders.

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECC For 13A Visa holders.

Emigration Clearance Certificate.
Has anyone recently left the Philippines on a 13A visa, and what was the procedure?

I shall be visiting UK in May, my first return in 16½ years. When I asked at BI about an ECC. I was told; "You don't need one. Just swipe your ACR at the airport!"

If, anyone could advise me, I should be most grateful. As I do not wish to lose my 13A status.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECC For 13A Visa holders.

AS long as your 13 a is up to date they are correct. Check in first the go to the ACR immigration counter pay your fee then pass through the immigration check and take to the sky. Friend of mine just did that trip with his two kids, he is a widower on a 13a. the kids are dual.

Not sure if the departure tax is in the ticket, the terminal fee is . if not you will need about 5000 pesos to clear all the departure fees for yourself, change for an over priced coffee.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for that information MikeMike. No mention was made about the BI Airport Office, or fee, when I asked. I will be exiting at Mactan, with my wife, and teenage daughter.
The biggest problem so far, was getting a Visa for my daughter. The interview at Keppel Building, with Visa4UK couldn't have been easier. However I was asked for further documents by the Embassy. On several occasions, over two weeks. So instead of fifteen days it took a month.
So all the best tickets gone, and $800 US more to pay in fares, and an overnight hotel (connecting flight; fully booked).

Thanks again MikeMike, that information was extremely useful. Any forms to fill up?
Old Mar 4th 2019, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about form filling.

check in, get your departure tax paid. assume the terminal fee is in the ticket. You may find that the departure fee is in the ticket, have a look as that saves time in the process.

You just go through the immigration line up and look for the booth that covers ACR you need to go there first and then once cleared with your OR go through the normal BI process. Just ask there if not sure they will help I had a coffee and pan de sal this morning with Sam, Brit guy who just came back from the Uk with his two kids he flew from T3 manila . it seemed very straightforward.

For those on Balikbayan it does seem cheaper and easier

Last edited by mikemike; Mar 4th 2019 at 1:44 am.