Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Departure Tax & or Terminal Fees

Departure Tax & or Terminal Fees

Old Jun 30th 2013, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

LondonorManila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Departure Tax & or Terminal Fees

Sorry if there's already a post on this matter, but can't see one.

Confused when checking fees to pay at Manila NAIA, some info for 2013 is saying 2 prices. I will leave Manila after a 20 nights stay to return home to London, UK. I prefer not to draw & travel with more peso than I need so would be helpful to know this years fees I must pay as I arrive at the airport.

I've read Php 550 but also Php 1620 ?

Some online forums say Php 1620 must now be paid, others say only Php 550 is payable for foreigners on international flights having stayed in Phil 21 days or under.....and Php 1620 is only payable by overseas Filipino workers in addition to Php 550 they must pay.

If anyone can help help with this info I would much appreciate it

Geoff - Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Manila
Old Jul 1st 2013, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Departure Tax & or Terminal Fees

If you are travelling on a foreign passport (unless you are resident in Philippines) you do not pay the P1620. If you are a Filipino travelling on a Filipino passport. Even if you have a round trip ticket, you must pay. Unless you have a round trip ticket, and proof of tax paid, or not liable for tax.
Foreigners merely pay the terminal fee, unless they are resident here.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes I'm English, resident in London on UK Passport, visiting my Filipino partner for within the 21 day no visa limit, so seems I will only pay the lower terminal fee which I read dropped from php 750 down to php 550 in 2012, though was strongly rumoured to be going back up to at least php 750 some time soon.

Thanks

Last edited by LondonorManila; Jul 1st 2013 at 11:06 am.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

I always brought pesos back with me to UK, especially the smaller denominations. Ready for my next trip out. Easier these days with ATM's everywhere, but sometimes there are none working.

Another thing I used to do, was keep a spare arrival and departure card with me. So that I could fill them in, in advance.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, good tip about the forms. Remember when I was here early 2012, having gone to some security or passport desk at Manila NAIA I was given a small form and had to leave desk and fill it out then get back to desk to hand it in,! A little unwanted inconvenience, but suppose this time will need to do the same again as I don't have a departure form with me.

thanks for the advice