Dealing with the BI

Old Nov 22nd 2023, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dealing with the BI

I have generally found that OK... at their offices. But it's so difficult away from them.
Did anybody get anywhere by telephoning? I didn't on the two occasions I tried.
Then online there is the website. Pretty useless in my opinion.

For the last few months i''ve been looking out for my 13A visa to come up on the visa approval agenda list. When it hadn't appeared after 2 months I started to get concerned. A good 3 to 4 hours travel away from Intramuros I didn't want to waste a journey to just find out it's not approved yet. Then a week ago, over 3 months from application, the website dissapeared. With some looking around one can find a new site. But not yet with lists of application numbers! No explanation there or on the BI home page.

So I guess many visas have been approved in the usual time but the applicants, especially from outside the NCR, have been left in the dark. The agenda lists filling up with uncollected visas. Until now when people see the old site gone and the replacement under construction! Like me then realising they can go and collect. If they look, that is.

Annoying given what we pay for the visas.

Last edited by Raffin; Nov 22nd 2023 at 10:51 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dealing with the BI

Having just visited the revamped website for BI I see your dillema. My recommendation is that you take the gruesome journey to Intramuros. Why? Because after a certain period of time if unclaimed, the visa becomes null and void.
Sorry to be negative I thought I could have pointed you in the right direction.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Fining when they didn't publish? Very unfair!
Leaving the BI now. Have to return tomorrow to collect.
I did mention the website issue at the counter. No comment.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I have just discovered that there is Visa Approval listings on the BI website. It is under4 Quick Links on the opening page headed Visa Approval Listings.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, just operational.
My visa was actually approved on Sep 30 but didn't show on the old site.
The list for my agenda now looks much longer.