Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

B, when life returns to normal that will mean then the risk will also fall.. I take your point about accidental exposure but I will have no problem using a mask for many years into the future. Prior to the pandemic there were many people wearing them, not all of them sick.
No need to feel sorry for me, it's ok to be any sort of bird here....ostrich, sparrow or something in between. As long as you enjoy and appreciate your life here, as I do. I've been connected to the Philippines for many years and a few years ago there was a big change in my circumstances which led to a more Ostrich like situation.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Raffin,Very well put. During a two year assignment at NAIA at the turn of the century I came to appreciate the country and culture.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about vaccinations B, as we are, a few weeks ago the wife and I watched an episode of the Western TV series Rawhide from the late 50s. Story was the drover boys, including a young Clint Eastwood, got involved in an outbreak of some infectious disease in a nearby town on the trail. There was a doc there giving vaccinations but he had just been driven out by anti vaxxers. In the end the intervention of the boys resulted in a change of minds there and the locals started lining up. The thing was my wife leant about the history of vaccination from it, back to Jenner, and was amazed to find out how it works. She didn't know as it seems her mother had objections and my wife's kids, who are with her mother, seem also not to have had many if any of the usual childhood jabs. The fact that they have been ok so far doesn't help, along with misinformation she has read and heard on Fb, when we are discussing it.

I think when I get older I may get the pneumonia jab, as if you fall ill from anything I have seen what damage it can do. Flu, covid no...unless I start getting around much more than now.

Old Apr 26th 2021, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

A policy of compulsory covid vaccination for all adults, not just those in certain occupations, except those exempted for medical reasons, could well be adopted here. Due to the lateness of the covid vaccines, the bad situation,, vaccine hesitancy, the nature of the government and courts here under the influence of the government. Financial penalties for not complying? Would foreigners be included?

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...story/?just_in

Old Apr 26th 2021, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
A policy of compulsory covid vaccination for all adults, not just those in certain occupations, except those exempted for medical reasons, could well be adopted here. Due to the lateness of the covid vaccines, the bad situation,, vaccine hesitancy, the nature of the government and courts here under the influence of the government. Financial penalties for not complying? Would foreigners be included?

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...story/?just_in
I would not be surprised if it does become compulsory that all foreigners must be injected first...................just to test it without compensation for ill affects.
Old May 19th 2021, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I had our first vaccine today. No problems so far, will report back tomorrow if I remember. (Age is a bitch on memory).

Had a visit from local kagawad yesterday evening to ask if we wanted vaccine today, jumped at the chance. After signing up she told us it would be Astra-Zeneca. Total time from registration to coming home was three hours. Really well organised, included health screening, blood pressure checks etc. Everybody monitored at the vaccination centre for 30 minutes after their injection as they had doctors on hand to deal with any problems. Didn't see anybody with problems.

Totally painless, next one in about 12 weeks, looking forward to it. Anybody who declines other than on health grounds is a selfish fool as far as I am concerned. I can understand local peoples reluctance after the problems with the malaria jab a few years ago but go and have it done if you can, you may influence others to do the same and we can return to normal sooner rather than later.

Couple of our neighbours were wavering but when we told them we were going, they decided to get the jab. Been wearing sleeveless shirt since I got home proudly showing the sticking plaster on my arm in an attempt to encourage others who asked about it. Couple of trike drivers said they would go when they are invited after saying they had been unsure about it.

Just remember, it has nothing to do with 5G, and it does not involve being chipped by Bill Gates!
Old May 19th 2021, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishRed
My wife and I had our first vaccine today. No problems so far, will report back tomorrow if I remember. (Age is a bitch on memory).

Had a visit from local kagawad yesterday evening to ask if we wanted vaccine today, jumped at the chance. After signing up she told us it would be Astra-Zeneca. Total time from registration to coming home was three hours. Really well organised, included health screening, blood pressure checks etc. Everybody monitored at the vaccination centre for 30 minutes after their injection as they had doctors on hand to deal with any problems. Didn't see anybody with problems.

Totally painless, next one in about 12 weeks, looking forward to it. Anybody who declines other than on health grounds is a selfish fool as far as I am concerned. I can understand local peoples reluctance after the problems with the malaria jab a few years ago but go and have it done if you can, you may influence others to do the same and we can return to normal sooner rather than later.

Couple of our neighbours were wavering but when we told them we were going, they decided to get the jab. Been wearing sleeveless shirt since I got home proudly showing the sticking plaster on my arm in an attempt to encourage others who asked about it. Couple of trike drivers said they would go when they are invited after saying they had been unsure about it.

Just remember, it has nothing to do with 5G, and it does not involve being chipped by Bill Gates!
Well done, wish the organisation round here was the same, last week they had a vaccination session in the local basketball court, no signs, notices or announcements that it was going to happen. Wife thought all the chairs had been set out for the 4Ps payment day. We only found out the following day that it had been for vaccinations. Less than half the vaccines brought along were used, most of the locals that knew about it did not go because some facebook comments were saying that they were fake. So I assume they will not bother returning due to the very bad turn out.
Old May 19th 2021, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

English Red
Congratulations. In which caring LGU do you reside?
Old May 20th 2021, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

After exploring the Marikina City website I discovered an online registration page for C-19 vaccinations. Duly completed it, with my asawa translating as I went along. I entered my drivers licence as my principle identification.
I am now in receipt of my control number and await further instructions by telephone. (I hope they speak English! LOL)
Old May 20th 2021, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update. Woke up about 3 o'clock this morning with a headache and a fever. two of the commom side effects of the vaccine. Felt like absolute s***e! Took a couple of paracetamol tablets and felt a lot better by 7.00 am when I got up. Two more tablets after breakfast and I'm almost back to normal, (well as normal as I ever am according to my wife).

My wife has had no side effects at all.

Would I have had the vaccine if I knew that this woud happen and how I would feel? Without a doubt. I'd rather have a day or two of discomfort and be protected than have to worry about other people who may be spreading this awful plague when I am out and about. I know I still need to wear a face mask but I will feel a bit more comfortable being around strangers.

Further update to follow later today or tomorrow all being well.
Old May 20th 2021, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Dr John in one of his daily updates stated that taking paracetamol inhibits the body reacting naturally to the vaccine. But hey each to their own.
You never stated which LGU you are located in.
Old May 20th 2021, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Another consideration is that you will not have any meaningful immunity for at least 3 weeks after your 1st shot.
Old May 20th 2021, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Dr John in one of his daily updates stated that taking paracetamol inhibits the body reacting naturally to the vaccine. But hey each to their own.
You never stated which LGU you are located in.
Don't want to give a way my location, sorry, I am really tight on internet security or posting any information that could see me identified. We are in a small town in Iloilo province with very few non-locals.

As far as using paracetamol is concerned, that was reccommended by the DOH workers in attendance, who also advised to avoid aspirin and ibuprofen. Advise about paracetamol is also on the UK GOV website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ne-astrazeneca

4. Possible side effects

Like all medicines, this vaccine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. In clinical studies with the vaccine, most side effects were mild to moderate in nature and resolved within a few days with some still present a week after vaccination.

If side effects such as pain and/or fever are troublesome, medicines containing paracetamol can be taken.

Any way, now feeling a damn sight better than I was this morning so hopefully all is well.

I am aware that full protection is not complete until after the second vaccine but research indicates the A-Z vaccine to be about 70% effective 21 days after the first dose.

Old May 20th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Fully understand about security.
Old May 20th 2021, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Now feeling fine, having the vaccine was worth 24 hours of discomfort.

Latest update from FCO is that foreign nationals in the Philippines will be treated with the same priority as Filipino nationals.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...he-philippines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.