Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

Old Apr 22nd 2021, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

The policy on the vaccination of foreigners was said by the DOH to be under review as far back as Feb 10 and on Feb 22 the President's Spox said at a press conference they should be included. "covid knows no nationality..." he said.
Nothing since then so unless you are in a Makati type city, with a lot of foreigners resident, you just try and register as a resident and see.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes just try.
After I made that startling discovery that we don't count I have sent two emails to Marikina City Hall, and very much to my surprise no response.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of this year first vaccinations should be in the arms of a majority of the population. Given the poor central government direction on most things I am wondering whether some LGUs will start to restrict entry to places to those who have had a jab. Allow shops to do the same. If they start to do that then we have a strong argument to be given one. Where we live now there have been plenty of restrictions over the last year, most of which we read about while living in Paranaque, where the covid was much worse but strangely going around was much easier.. This was despite only 350 cases so far with 2 deaths where we live now. Though the Mayor caught it this March. So if I see more of that coming I will reluctantly try to get one, though I will have a lot of persuading to do with the wife.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Why reluctantly?
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Never go anywhere remotely risky. The wife now the one going alone into the fresh market, which can get a bit too crowded at some times, which we anyway try to avoid. Maybe could be worth her getting vacc, but she doesn't believe in it! I only go into spacious groceries. It's very low population density and very well ventilated here. Controls are surprisingly strict given all that.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to Bantayan, norther Cebu recently for one month.. .was sooo good to be in a normal environment. Didnt feel remotely risky whereas being in Makati is significantly more risky. Very few cases and although everyone has a mask most of them are under the chins. Was really nice to get out of Makati, not too difficult to do and never felt that I was in a remotely risky place. Was excellent for the mental health to be in a relatively normal place. Will go to Negros next.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, where you went really away from the rest of Cebu, where anyway cases have declined. Where we live it should be more like that but people are walking around the roads in stiff fresh breezes with face masks and shields on. Negros Occidental showing some spike lately, but not in the Oriental area.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Never go anywhere remotely risky. The wife now the one going alone into the fresh market, which can get a bit too crowded at some times, which we anyway try to avoid. Maybe could be worth her getting vacc, but she doesn't believe in it! I only go into spacious groceries. It's very low population density and very well ventilated here. Controls are surprisingly strict given all that.
Vaccine isn't just about you, it's as much about everyone around you who you kill.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Vaccine isn't just about you, it's as much about everyone around you who you kill.
Agreed. But we never get close to anyone here Whereas in Paranaque that was not the case always.. Masks and face shields on in the market and groceries.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think it’s very selfish not getting vaccinated when it is available
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I would agree with you but here there have been at least 3 deaths of fully vaccinated people ( one being a nurse ) and a doctor who had recently had his first jab, which is supposed to give you full immunity for about two weeks.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I would agree with you but here there have been at least 3 deaths of fully vaccinated people ( one being a nurse ) and a doctor who had recently had his first jab, which is supposed to give you full immunity for about two weeks.
Your chance of dying from the vaccine is approaching 1:1,000,000, from covid about 1:1,000, over to you.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Depending on the type of vaccine, efficacy varies widely. As an example after the first dose of Astra Zeneca efficacy reaches 70% after 21 days,
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
If you don't have anyone else coming to your house, you house is well away from anyone else's, no one even walks by it, you don't go to work, you drive around by car everywhere, there are no crowded streets or crowded groceries/markets, restos are all closed , but anyway are mostly open air, small shops are all open air, attractions are closed (in any case you don't go to them) there's plenty of fresh air blowing around and mask/face shield wearing is followed by nearly everyone, temperature taking on entry for big groceries, (we even get ours taken each time we re-enter the subdivision) then you're basically not part of the herd to be selfish about. I think there will be quite a lot of Expats here in a similar situation.

If we were still in Manila it would be a closer decision as just occasionally you could find yourself in a crowded situation, there was one Puregold near us which could get a bit crowded and stuffy .But generally it was also easy to keep away from people there.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sorry you come across like an Ostrich. The main issue about this pandemic is how transmittable it is. Yes you may take all the correct precautions but what happens when life begins to return to normal. We are all human and let our guard down occasionally.
You can make all the justifications but in my view you are being irresponsible. When you were young I imagine you received Polio jab/sugar lump and a TB jab

Stokkevn.
In response to the sad cases of deaths.I have the following points.
1. If the person who died after two jabs was the vaccination Sinovax, it only has 60% efficacy. I wonder why the Chines do not publish their research?
2. Yes you can be infected after the first jab. Astra Zeneca after the first jab achieves on average 70% efficacy after 21 days, reference Dr John
3. My Asawa, a midwife has a colleague who after her first Sinovac jab contracted the dreaded lurgy. Why/ Because she thought she was fully protected, and she is an experienced nurse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.