Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

Old May 26th 2021, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COVID 19 VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

Had people I know in Danao Cebu, Subic ( base ) and Tugeugaroa get vaccines just by doing walk ins. If locals dont want, doesnt hurt to try yourself. Forget all the endless LGU rules, regs, requirements and protocols... just try for walk ins.. seems it works in some places, if you have appropriate ID of course.
Old May 26th 2021, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I have my registration confirmation and number from Marikina. Just waiting for a SMS. when vaccinations become available. My wife who is A1 priority has already had both jabs.
Old May 29th 2021, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/29/...-chinese-pasay

Something official on vaccinating aliens here at last. The DOH Under Secretary claiming there is an IATF resolution about it.
Old May 29th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/29/...-chinese-pasay

Something official on vaccinating aliens here at last. The DOH Under Secretary claiming there is an IATF resolution about it.
I am now registered for a vaccination when they next come to town, drawn out registration. The barangay office phoned my wife about my registration so she went to deal with them, an hour later she returned saying everything done. Later that day I got a call from the barangay office asking if I could go down there, so off I pottered. The very apologetic ( I have no idea why ) lad in the office said they were missing a few details, my first thought was loads of bit of paper and hundreds of signatures - how wrong can you be, apparently my wife did not know all my names or my date of birth - bless her cotton socks, we have only been married for 20 years.
Old May 29th 2021, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me what a friend told me about his interview once at a university in the west of Wales. He, along with the other candidates had been waiting outside the interview room a good while for the result , when he was called into the room.....to be informed that his train home was delayed! Almost worth a thread on its own.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Went for my first shot today as I had been told to turn up for my jab. met by a nurse who said
"We have no vaccines for first shots"
Me "I was told to come here this morning"
Nurse "You need to register first"
Me " I have registered"
Nurse "Oh, then you must go to the municipal office for clarification, come back here with the paper, sign it here and then take it back to where you registered"
Me "Then what?"
Nurse "Wait"
I was going to ask what for but decided to leave my registration on the desk and left before I said something she did not want to hear. Hardly surprisingly there are only 3 people in the village that I know have had the vaccination.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I was called for my first jab yesterday. Duly turned up at Marikina Sorts Stadium at the appointed hour, 07.00 and was astounded to see many, many seniors being processed. A very organised affair. All the barangay's had individual desks.
Present yourself with your registration number and in my case Drivers Licence. Given two documents, one confirming personal details and the second a waiver form for the vaccine to be administered. Yesterday was only Sinovax, which I declined and will be called when AstraZeneca is available. I declined Sinovax, although now approved by the WHO, there are no meaningful published details on its efficacy. As a Plan B I have also registered with the Red Cross.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jul 31st 2021, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point

I contacted my local barangay here in Imus, Cavite, asked about getting the vaccine for me (senior) and my wife (not senior).

They told me to come back on a set date and register online and get a QR code. The staff at the barangay told the wife to write "OFW" on her form (she is not an OFW).

We were driven to the vaccine centre by the barangay staff for the first jab and driven back home on the set date.
Then 4 weeks later, they drove us to the centre for the 2nd jab.

I was a bit concerned if anyone questioned me about getting the vaccine as I am on a tourist visa.
Just in case, I took a copy of "INTERIM NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUP FOR
COVID-19 VACCINES RESOLUTION NO. 2" with the last section of page 5 highlighted. I did not need to show it; the vaccine people asked no questions about my status.

The document is here: https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/fil...ITAG-RESO2.pdf
Old Jul 31st 2021, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Since my last post I have had my first Moderna vaccine and due to have my second on Tuesday next.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

There is talk about autumn boosters in the US and Europe. I had my shots back in April May, I wonder if I could get a booster here later in the year.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes the Autumn boosters. Isn't it strange that CDC in America has not endorsed the booster, but hang on who is saying it is necessary? OMG the President of Pfizer! This company has just declared record profits no doubt boosted by their sale of C-19 vaccinations. Greed begets greed particularly in the US of A.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Yes the Autumn boosters. Isn't it strange that CDC in America has not endorsed the booster, but hang on who is saying it is necessary? OMG the President of Pfizer! This company has just declared record profits no doubt boosted by their sale of C-19 vaccinations. Greed begets greed particularly in the US of A.
I hear ya, but I also don't think the CDC has exactly covered itself in glory in terms of being a timely, sober, and consistent source of policy advice regarding CoVID-19 -- e.g. particularly in relation to mask-wearing. In any event, it would be the FDA that would certify the Pfizer booster (or not).
Old Jul 31st 2021, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Israel lead the world in vaccinating so have had the longest period and are seeing immunity wane. We have not seen it in the UK but were a couple of months behind Israel. Also a big difference is that Israel and many other countries including the US only had 3 weeks between shots, the UK apart from the early shots had a much longer gap, 10-12 weeks. This larger gap seems to have imparted a much stronger response. So a top-up may or may not be necessary. The initial talk was that any booster would be tweaked to better fight the variants but that seems to have been dropped in favour of a general strengthening of immunity. There is also the school of thought that once vaccinated any introduction of covid to the system would in itself act as a booster. I guess time will tell.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

So that is me done and dusted, J&J single shot on Monday, no side effects at all, apart from writers cramp from filling in all those forms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.