Christmas and New Year

Old Dec 9th 2020, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas and New Year

Seasonal greetings to all that lurk on this forum.
Special mentions to P11 for having the courage to share his joys and latterly his disappointments. To Raffin who has to date, has given a really good daily update on C-19 situation in the Philippines.

We are now near the end of that super long pre Christmas period that lingers in the Philippines. So in 2020 I am looking forward to the absence of Christmas music in the malls and hopefully before years a C-19 vaccine programme.

Be safe .
Old Dec 9th 2020, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas and New Year

"So in 2020" I meant 2021 must be getting forgetful in my dotage.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Seasonal greetings to all that lurk on this forum.
Special mentions to P11 for having the courage to share his joys and latterly his disappointments. To Raffin who has to date, has given a really good daily update on C-19 situation in the Philippines.

We are now near the end of that super long pre Christmas period that lingers in the Philippines. So in 2020 I am looking forward to the absence of Christmas music in the malls and hopefully before years a C-19 vaccine programme.

Be safe .
We seem to have sleep walked to being in the festive season again after all that has happened this year. B, I think next year the Malls will double down and start playing their Xmas music two months earlier on July 1 to make up for this year!

I look forward to reporting on covid on a weekly rather than a daily basis later next year. But I think even then the DOH will still be finding old cases and more of those crazy recovery deaths.

P11 will have to maintain his patience for much longer I think. But at least his latest news shows his antagonist like him has no special pull on the process or contacts to know what is going on.

To us I wish a pre Xmas gift of a Brexit agreement Today the BBC reported that the Irish cross border trade issue is close to being settled. One down, three to go.

Last, many thanks to those who run this forum so efficiently. Found it a great help during lockdown. Stuck inside most days, AC droning away in the summer heat. There's only so much rolling news and videos you can watch. BE a great alternative.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Xmas here will be close to normal. Xmas morning I cook a huge pot of chicken casserole and give it away to the kids in the wet market. All the girls selling vegetables will get a bag of tinned and dried foods, wife sorts that out as I always put the wrong things in there and the lads who sell the meat & fish get a bottle each which if previous years are anything to go by is finished before the market closes for the day. The only major difference will be the Xmas day lunch which will now be a BBQ outside with half the rellies and only from the village, as we still have zero virus cases.

I still have not worked out why Xmas starts at the beginning of September when, every year, I am asked where their Xmas presents are by enterprising pedicab riders and some street cleaners.

Wherever everyone is have a happy and safe festive period and remember if you are enjoying yourself during lockdown whatever you are doing is most likely illegal immoral or fattening.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Dec 9th 2020 at 9:35 am.