British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   CHILD SUPPORT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/child-support-941863/)

chelle_08 Dec 7th 2021 9:04 pm

CHILD SUPPORT

GOOD DAY I. AM FILIPINA WITH 2 KIDS TO. MY BRITISH HUSBAND I AM MARRIED TO. HIM 11 YEARS AGO AND OUR RELATIONSHIPS ITS NOT REALLY GOOD WE ALWAYS FIGHT. HE IS IN ENGLAND NOW AND IM. HERE PHILIPPINES ME AND AND MY KIDS NEVER BEEN TO UK. SOMETIMES M6 HUSBAND WE HAVE COMMUNICATION IVE ASK. HIM. TO HELP ME IN CHILD SUPPORT SPECIALLY THIS PANDEMIC SEASON.
NOW THIS IS YHE PROBLEM HE DIDINT WANT TO HELP EVERYTIME IVE ASK HIM. MY QUESTION IS

DO WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN A CHILD SUPPORT AND ASK HIM TO SUPPORT THE KIDS HERE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE GAVE AS A HOPE I AM DEAPERATE MOTHER. THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWERS. GOD BLESS

SanDiegogirl Dec 7th 2021 9:10 pm

Re: CHILD SUPPORT

You have every right to child support.
You will need a very good lawyer to do so; as the chances of him paying up if he is in England is slim.

chelle_08 Dec 7th 2021 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13079454)
You have every right to child support.
You will need a very good lawyer to do so; as the chances of him paying up if he is in England is slim.

Thats my problem idont have money to have a lawyer.everytime i ask my husband support he blocked me

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 7th 2021 11:42 pm

I thought PI did not really do Child Support, but agree something for a local Lawyer.

spouse of scouse Dec 8th 2021 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 13079471)
I thought PI did not really do Child Support, but agree something for a local Lawyer.

The OP is seeking child support from a British citizen living in the UK, which she has a legal right to.

Philosophical 11 Dec 8th 2021 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 13079471)

The estranged father must by law provide financial support for his children in the Philippines. I am not sure of the mechanics pertaining to this but I know that a Family Court can be involved, but I think in many cases an amicable agreement is reached. However as per most things Philippines...an NFI attitude is adopted.

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 8th 2021 12:30 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 13079477)
The OP is seeking child support from a British citizen living in the UK, which she has a legal right to.

I never said otherwise, and I believe PI is signed up for REMO so first the Lawyer.

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 8th 2021 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 (Post 13079478)
The estranged father must by law provide financial support for his children in the Philippines. I am not sure of the mechanics pertaining to this but I know that a Family Court can be involved, but I think in many cases an amicable agreement is reached. However as per most things Philippines...an NFI attitude is adopted.

I assume NFI means a lot more theoretical than practical,

Philosophical 11 Dec 8th 2021 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 13079480)
I assume NFI means a lot more theoretical than practical,

NFI....Not Flipping Interested.

For some reason I didn't see the original post and replied accordingly. Sadly I cannot see any easy solution for the OP. I would suggest she goes to a free government attorney for advice. They are available if her income is less than 10k pm.

I wish her luck....

Raffin Dec 8th 2021 1:15 am

The warnings do not encourage a parent in the OPs situation to apply but there is an email link to REMO in the UK and you never know, they might be helpful:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...rs-remos#toc-0

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 8th 2021 1:18 am

First she needs something to enforce.

chelle_08 Dec 8th 2021 10:25 am

thank you for all the comments.but idont think i can file a complain and get a lawyer i am poor.ijust need really want to.know if me and my kids have right to have a financial support to thier father living in uk thank you

Philosophical 11 Dec 8th 2021 11:11 am

Originally Posted by chelle_08 (Post 13079555)
thank you for all the comments.but idont think i can file a complain and get a lawyer i am poor.ijust need really want to.know if me and my kids have right to have a financial support to thier father living in uk thank you

You have a moral and legal right for child support. What did the government attorney say which is free of charge as I have suggested?

chelle_08 Dec 8th 2021 11:15 am

their said that they are not sure of thats issue because my husband is living in uk and we are here in philippines
and their not covered thats issue

Raffin Dec 8th 2021 5:54 pm

Another international agreement which the Philippines is a signatory to but seems to do nothing.
You talk about child support and I assume you're not getting any money at all from him.
He either won't or can't help you. If it's won't can you get the help of anyone else there..his friends, relatives to put pressure on him?