Cebu business contacts

Old Aug 29th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cebu business contacts

Hi,

I'm considering setting up a small retail business here in Perth and would be interested in sourcing stock from Cebu in the Philippines.

I'm looking at furniture items, craft and art items etc. something that might be a bit different from the normal items available over here.

I'm completely new to this kind of thing (if you couldn't already tell ) so would appreciate any advice as to where I might find said items, links to web sites etc etc.

Cheers in advance

Steve
Old Aug 30th 2009, 12:00 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cebu business contacts

Hi Steve

There are a few Peens-based people on here occasionally but I think mostly retired, so not sure how much info they will have for you.

I'm not and never have been based in the Philippines but when I read your post the first thing that sprang to mind was how restrictive Oz is in relation to importing wood, natural products, etc., so you will have a lot of homework to do on that.

(Hmmm, I've just remembered I have a box full of wooden fish made there, wonder what the packers noted those down as...)

In my previous life in Singapore I did some commercial research on the Peens and found the local Philippine Trade Office very useful, they had lots of directories - maybe you could start there.

I'll also drop you a PM.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hi Steve

There are a few Peens-based people on here occasionally but I think mostly retired, so not sure how much info they will have for you.

I'm not and never have been based in the Philippines but when I read your post the first thing that sprang to mind was how restrictive Oz is in relation to importing wood, natural products, etc., so you will have a lot of homework to do on that.

(Hmmm, I've just remembered I have a box full of wooden fish made there, wonder what the packers noted those down as...)

In my previous life in Singapore I did some commercial research on the Peens and found the local Philippine Trade Office very useful, they had lots of directories - maybe you could start there.

I'll also drop you a PM.
Just read your PM

Yes, I agree that I'm probably going to do a fair bit a research with regard to import restrictions etc, but I'm really just at the stage where I need to make some contacts or source some info on exactly whats available to buy over there and what may sell well over here.

Maybe those wooden fish could be my first purchase????? how much do you want

Thanks again

Steve
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:15 pm
Banned

extremedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Just read your PM

Yes, I agree that I'm probably going to do a fair bit a research with regard to import restrictions etc, but I'm really just at the stage where I need to make some contacts or source some info on exactly whats available to buy over there and what may sell well over here.

Maybe those wooden fish could be my first purchase????? how much do you want

Thanks again

Steve
Hello Steve,

My name is Mia an Exporter from Cebu-Philippines. I can supply various kinds of handicrafts from woods to shells etc but except furnitures.. You can email me [email protected] or skype: mia_cebu

Mia
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

hobbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,imnot an expat yet,although trying very hard to relocate to Cebu to be with my fiance. Ree your enquiery my fiance works for a Cebu company that designs what i would call patio style furniture but i noticed during my visit its considered normal furniture if you understand what i mean. Along with many others there its suffering with sales because they rely heavily on export. Anyway they where extremely nice to me so im doing my best to find buisness for them. Its definitly unique, many items made from stone and tiles, ideal for hot climates. Its their own designs and handmade in Cebu, it really does look the buisness. I have some photos etc so if your interested email me at [email protected] cheers Les
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hobbit
Hi Steve,imnot an expat yet,although trying very hard to relocate to Cebu to be with my fiance. Ree your enquiery my fiance works for a Cebu company that designs what i would call patio style furniture but i noticed during my visit its considered normal furniture if you understand what i mean. Along with many others there its suffering with sales because they rely heavily on export. Anyway they where extremely nice to me so im doing my best to find buisness for them. Its definitly unique, many items made from stone and tiles, ideal for hot climates. Its their own designs and handmade in Cebu, it really does look the buisness. I have some photos etc so if your interested email me at [email protected] cheers Les
Have sent you an email mate