Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Car ownership and LTO on Balikbayan

Car ownership and LTO on Balikbayan

Old Nov 1st 2017, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car ownership and LTO on Balikbayan

Originally Posted by Anne Cris
Now, you all guys, can easily register LTO via online
What is the web page for this, I went to the LTO Online Registration Page and ended up with the following instructions.

Requirements

Photocopy of Certificate of Registration (CR) and Official Receipt of payment
Appropriate Insurance Certificate of Cover (COC)
Duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR)
Certificate of Emission Compliance (CEC)
Taxpayer’s Identification Number

Procedure

1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
2. Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR.
3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).
4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.

Another page stated that they need a credible IT to be able to enable online registration.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

kompani101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car ownership and LTO on Balikbayan

I have just checked out the 'LTO Online Registration' and what they actually mean is you can see the list of requirements and instructions 'online' that you need when you go to the LTO offices to register your vehicle.
For my region it is here;
Online Registration - Land Transportation Office VI

It is a bit like when I went to the NBI for a clearance certificate. I could put all my details in online and book an appointment but still had to go down to their offices with all my paperwork and manually fill out all the forms and get both electronic fingerprints and ink fingerprints, in other words, they ran both the old manual system and computer system together thus taking twice as long as before.