Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

UK prisoners in Philippines.

UK prisoners in Philippines.

Old Oct 12th 2017, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK prisoners in Philippines.

Received this today. Thought it may be useful for folk to keep handy!

Prisoners pack template - Philippines_Prisoners_Pack_Oct_2017.pdf
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK prisoners in Philippines.

Originally Posted by quiltman
Received this today. Thought it may be useful for folk to keep handy!

Prisoners pack template - Philippines_Prisoners_Pack_Oct_2017.pdf
Worth keeping, but is someone trying to tell you something Quiltman?

The first & last time I registered with a British Embassy was in 1979 in Iran. We were working 450Km SW of Tehran. We heard nothing from the embassy about the shift of power and about 10 days later decided to contact them to find if there was anything we should do, all we got was a recorded message saying that there was no one there to take our call at that moment, if it is important please try later. Of course everyone had fled leaving us to escape under our own steam.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I hope not! they issue this every year.
I have the "what to do in a bereavement overseas" booklet as well! Just being prepared..........
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I hope not! they issue this every year.
I have the "what to do in a bereavement overseas" booklet as well! Just being prepared..........
You are well prepared.

As for the "what to do in a bereavement overseas" booklet, I assume lie still and don't make a noise covers most of it.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ha Ha! I have learnt lessons over the years , having been an executor for 3 estates and know first hand the problems that can arise due to simple things not being clear. My Father did a list of all the people/depts etc to contact when he died (following his experience as an executor for a friend!) and it saved me probably weeks in sorting out his estate.
I've done the same! As we are here in Cebu, it will not be straightforward for my sons to sort the UK things out when I Shuffle off to Buffalo - or wherever I end up! I've listed contact details for my pension providers, HMRC, etc etc plus a document listing steps to obtain probate ,how many death certificates are likely needed, changing my SRRV to my wife , or cashing it in, depending on the future. Seems a bit grim maybe but having had recent experience with a UK expat here dying suddenly and his Filipina wife not having a clue what to do , I'm glad I've done it. She had no idea who his UK pension providers were, how to deal with DWP , as he got disability allowance , plus a myriad of other problems.
Bet I've still forgotten something though!!
Old Oct 13th 2017, 2:55 am
Just Joined

thelivinglegend is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd never want to be in a jail in the Philippines, that must be pretty bad...
Old Oct 13th 2017, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thelivinglegend
I'd never want to be in a jail in the Philippines, that must be pretty bad...
That's why I put the link up! Forewarned is forearmed!
Old Oct 14th 2017, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I was contacted by a British Embassy when in the Middle East was when they asked if I would accept their sponsorship to study Arabic at Shemlan, School for Spooks. I declined.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scot47
The only time I was contacted by a British Embassy when in the Middle East was when they asked if I would accept their sponsorship to study Arabic at Shemlan, School for Spooks. I declined.
Hmmmm. Suspicious. I would expect a spook to deny he/she went to a spook school.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha Ha! I have learnt lessons over the years , having been an executor for 3 estates and know first hand the problems that can arise due to simple things not being clear. My Father did a list of all the people/depts etc to contact when he died (following his experience as an executor for a friend!) and it saved me probably weeks in sorting out his estate.
I have only been executor once ( that was enough ) and that was for my ex mother in law, in Norway. Not only different laws but half of them written in Norwegian and the older ones in Danish and she lived nearly 2,000Km north of where I did.