Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Buying a house in the Philippines

Buying a house in the Philippines

Old May 29th 2018, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a house in the Philippines

Originally Posted by mikemike
Suggest you read it again

The ones that get revoked are the dependent visa. Onec they git 21 they are no longer dependent. I think this is moot and academic as they are pinoy kids with pinoy passport. Unless they are overseas and hare deemed to have given up their citizenship which then needs re acquired. Suggest you write to BID for further clarification. I did, and I now know for certain that when my two grow up and are deemed self dependent I will not be booted out if my wife had pre deceased me
Nowhere does it say the pinoy kids get kicked out, it's the foreign husband who loses his 13a status as the kids are no longer considered his dependants.
Old May 29th 2018, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Nowhere does it say the pinoy kids get kicked out, it's the foreign husband who loses his 13a status as the kids are no longer considered his dependants.
Gazza you are reading this wrong

i have already received my confirmation from the BID.

May I suggest you write to them

1/ The surviving husband does not get kicked out with withdraw of 13a. it is not automatic

2. The underage do not have a legal capacity to sponsor

3.You have just plain not understood the memo. The e mail I received clarifies this.

''Philippines government is pro family'' an important part of the response received.
Old May 29th 2018, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Your the only one who said anything about being kidded out, I'm say you would have your 13a removed and you would then have the option of a alternative visa type.
Old May 29th 2018, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Your the only one who said anything about being kidded out, I'm say you would have your 13a removed and you would then have the option of a alternative visa type.
13a is not removed no where does it say that despite what you claim and interpret the memo to be. It makes it very clear with the word 'except' nor is the word 'except' caveated by having dependents being legally capable of sponsoring when they are minors

''we see things not as they are but as we are; anis din

Once again i already have a written confirmation. I suggest you drop them a quick e mail as it will confirm for you. The reason i wrote was because a Swiss friend of mine lost his wife, there are no children. He was worried that he may have to leave and give up considerable land assets in doing so. So I wrote to the BID setting out the scenario to which I received the confirming response. Gave it to him and he continues to renew his annual 13a after reporting his wife's death. He has never been asked to change his visa.

Anyway this is done to death now perhaps when you visit here next you may wish to call in at the local office of BID and have a chat with them if you do not wish to write.

No more from me on this
Old May 31st 2018, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeNZ
With most things in the Philippines if you can't afford to lose it or leave it to someone else don't buy it. Have bought two houses in the Philippines got one left. 50% retention rate not bad.
That will be my attitude too.