British Food Wanted!!!!

Old Jul 24th 2018, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Food Wanted!!!!

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I saw Marmite in the Rustons supermarket Glorieta Makati earlier in the year.
Ty I will check out the Rustans on Daang Hari alabang, never know what they may have some
Old Jul 24th 2018, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I have just found a service in the UK whereby you do your shopping online from any shops, have it delivered to this warehouse, they pack it into box(es) and send it here. Just looked at the prices and a medium box ( 24"x16"x20" ) from UK to Manila was Ph4,740, seems quite reasonable. I don't know anyone who has used it so have no idea about the service.
https://www.pinoyboxdelivery.com/
Old Jul 24th 2018, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have just found a service in the UK whereby you do your shopping online from any shops, have it delivered to this warehouse, they pack it into box(es) and send it here. Just looked at the prices and a medium box ( 24"x16"x20" ) from UK to Manila was Ph4,740, seems quite reasonable. I don't know anyone who has used it so have no idea about the service.
https://www.pinoyboxdelivery.com/
You just tempted me again!!

i just looked at on line offerings from Tesco and Asda. loads of stuff even with shipping costs cheaper than we got here from Tesco in SM weetabix direct 27peso for box of 24. Tesco sm 139pesos etc then of course there is branston pickle and marmite plus a host of others. sachet soups you cannot get her etc etc

I amnow going to make a spread sheet up for asda, tesco, sainsbury and waitrose by items for costs and order a bit from each to the Pinoy box warehouse. i wonder how good they will be in coordinating for 1 box. i wonder how good I will be in getting all 4 to fit one box!!
Old Jul 24th 2018, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike

i just looked at on line offerings from Tesco and Asda. loads of stuff even with shipping costs cheaper than we got here from Tesco in SM weetabix direct 27peso for box of 24. Tesco sm 139pesos etc then of course there is branston pickle and marmite plus a host of others. sachet soups you cannot get her etc etc

I amnow going to make a spread sheet up for asda, tesco, sainsbury and waitrose by items for costs and order a bit from each to the Pinoy box warehouse. i wonder how good they will be in coordinating for 1 box. i wonder how good I will be in getting all 4 to fit one box!!
Being a sneaky regarding their service of just 1 box, when you first contact them let it slip somehow that you are trying their service out and will be reporting back via a forum to all the Brits in the Philippines on their performance.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Cambslad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Smudger, you don’t say where you are! If you are in the Tagaytay/Dasmarinas area expats gather on Sundays at a Pool Hall in Indang. Also in attendance is a Brit Expat that makes Scotch Eggs and Pork pies just like the real thing. And at Christmas Mince Pies to die for
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cambslad
Hi Smudger, you don’t say where you are! If you are in the Tagaytay/Dasmarinas area expats gather on Sundays at a Pool Hall in Indang. Also in attendance is a Brit Expat that makes Scotch Eggs and Pork pies just like the real thing. And at Christmas Mince Pies to die for
Will that be Ron who owns welsh deli?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

No not Ron with Welsh Deli but John (Pieman) Prior. UK ExPats in Tagaytay speak well of ‘Mike’ Cebu way that does English products and delivery charges are modest (LBC) for a fair size box. Only contact I could find was via Facebook and I don’t ‘do’ FB is it the ‘Mike’ on this Forum?
Old Jul 25th 2018, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry no idea if the 'mike' on this forum is the same.

We do not share the same opinion re charges from Leyte to NCR delivery as being modest.

Does John Pieman have a web /facebook address?, more importantly does he accept orders)

I am building a nice library of potential contacts for UK expat food stuffs, the more the merrier.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Tagaytay ExPats use this guy with satisfaction. I have not used him but will give it a go soon.
www.mikesimportedenglishgoods.com
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike

How did you get on with them?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I am still working the spread sheets as all 4 have thousands each of offerings.

Tescos looks the best for price unless the others have a ''special'' on offer, then that tends to be the best option. Fishing in different ponds at the same time! My wish lost for TESCos looks like being £315. Question is how much will fit into a jumbo box. I reckon the main contents of support items will last 12 months whilst others will last 6 months. I suspect I will be ordering two jumbo boxes in the first year. The second box will be for those I missed first time around and the items that got used in the first six months. After that i would expect one jumbo box per year. Still working at it and would like to get my first order finalised by first week of October in the hope they will bet here by sea before xmas.

Just added a couple of boxes of Brillo pads!! Morrisons is way more expensive unless they have a special that makes them cheaper

Asda is more expensive but has a select few that have better dicounts
still working on waitrose and sainsburys

My wife is on Exell duty as being on word is no good. If we get it transposed to exell i will be happy to post the shopping list that we are aiming for

Last edited by mikemike; Aug 24th 2018 at 12:58 am.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well i finally registered with Pinoyboxdelivery.com

I had a few questions and one remains outstanding as i do not understand the terms of delivery re insurance Once I get that resolved( I do not want o have the 100$ premium cover)

Apart form that issue it is all straightforward and easy

Order from the supermarket( will they accept an overseas credit card?)

Arrives to the warehouse as a delivery in our names this gets repacked into a box. As I have not done this before I suspect my box is going to go to overflow as I will be ordering from 4 outlets. After this i will get a better idea of what to order in terms of quantity. So now waiting for the insurance query to be resolved.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

diosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: British Food Wanted!!!!

Hi all
New to this forum a little back ground was in Letey [ typhoon hit ] moved over to Bohol total time in PH was 4 years
now i am in the UK wife in Bohol I send boxes to her by DHL air cost are high but see likes the tin meats and chocs
takes about 4 days to get to her. We have just purchased new land in Mindoro { her land ] there i will be having a smoke
house to make bacon as bacon in the PH is not good there will be other items like ham and sausage but not for a while yet
still have to get water/electric to land and build house after we lost every thing and i have had to come back to UK to work
to get money to restart over
Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by diosa
Hi all
New to this forum a little back ground was in Letey [ typhoon hit ] moved over to Bohol total time in PH was 4 years
now i am in the UK wife in Bohol I send boxes to her by DHL air cost are high but see likes the tin meats and chocs
takes about 4 days to get to her. We have just purchased new land in Mindoro { her land ] there i will be having a smoke
house to make bacon as bacon in the PH is not good there will be other items like ham and sausage but not for a while yet
still have to get water/electric to land and build house after we lost every thing and i have had to come back to UK to work
All the very best
Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by diosa
Hi all
I do my own ham, bacon and smoked fish ( just me and family quantities ) What I have found very popular is chicken ham. cure, smoke then boil, really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.