Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

diverdec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

I was told one year ago by the BRITISH EMBASSY in Manila no need to register the birth but to get the passport first.I applied online 6months ago for Uk passport but still nothing
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McFly1
This is quite correct. BUT as of today (20th April 2015), I just got a letter from the British Embassy in Manila returning my application and telling me that the Overseas Birth Registration process has now been centralised (in Milton Keynes).

If you go to www.gov.uk/register-a-birth now, it tells you that the process takes at least 16 weeks (rather than the 5-10 days when done locally). This is a disaster as there is now zero benefit in getting the Consular Birth Certificate and we now have to go the long route with a passport...

This must be a very new change as just a week or two ago, the gov web site was giving instructions for a local Manila registrations. I just missed it.
Originally Posted by diverdec
I was told one year ago by the BRITISH EMBASSY in Manila no need to register the birth but to get the passport first.I applied online 6months ago for Uk passport but still nothing
I would still go for the consular birth certificate first. Otherwise if the passport is lost, stolen or allowed to lapse for too long in the future you might have to go through all this again.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Britis...h_Registration
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

To late passport application was sent off 6months ago,but i will take your advice and register the birth
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

To late passport application was sent off 6months ago,but i will take your advice and register the birth
Once the passport is issued the registration will only take a few days rather than several months.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Same here we have two copies of their passports just in case there is a 'loss' once the first passport is renewed the old passport will go with the duplicate BC, in the Tin Box.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Can anyone tell me whats a realistic time frame to get the uk passport.i have done it online from Philippines,3 weeks after sending it off i was asked for additional documentation which i sent,its been nearly 6months now and no more reply....Ill register her once ive the passport in my hand and im back in UK,then i may look at getting a safty box at a bank for it as that little book is gona be priceless
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

I think the penny has just dropped,is my daughters passport taking a long time cause the birth certificate is from PHilippines as well as all the other documents,therefore it takes time to confirm they r not fake?i was worried to send her Filipino birth cert cause it was 85% unreadable,the typed part had been printed overthe question part eg when it said First name Luana had been typed over the words FIRST name making it unreadable unless you already knew the details,of coarse in true Filipino fashioned when i questioned it with greeted teeth they smiled and said thats the way they all come out and we not changing it.....
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:00 am
Just Joined

McFly1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me whats a realistic time frame to get the uk passport.i have done it online from Philippines,3 weeks after sending it off i was asked for additional documentation which i sent,its been nearly 6months now and no more reply....Ill register her once ive the passport in my hand and im back in UK,then i may look at getting a safty box at a bank for it as that little book is gona be priceless
Wow - that seems a very long time to wait. Hope I don't get the same. I plan to apply later this year. Did you send off your passport with the application? How have you managed visa extensions without a passport?
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

I sent my daughters filipino passport off 6month ago
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

I sent my daughters filipino passport off 6month ago
I'm dual too. British dad, Filipino mother (also a naturalised British for so many years already). I just had my passport interview two days ago for my first adult UK passport.

All in all, I'm in my 11 month of passport processing (next month would be for a year). Though from what I've heard, after an applicant has gone through passport interview, it's just a matter of weeks until passport dispatch when HMPO is satisfied and all that.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:07 pm

From the experiences of BE members I think it's safe to bet on a 9-12 month processing times for a first time application from an applicant born in the Philippines.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

I didnt send my passport tho i did send photocopies of front page and all my visas and explained i need the passport in case of emergency,travel and extensions,tho i did send my daughters Filipino passport.They seemed more interested in me proving that i live with my daughters mum,have to send proof shes never been married before,also we had a 8hr interview with a social worker to prove im not brain washing my partner so i can then kidnap my child and take her to UK,theres been alot of foot work for me to get this application sent off
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

If my daughter was born in PHilippines but becomes a duql passport holder,does she then have the right to be schooled in the UK,does she have access to NHS etc will she have the same right as a British born person.......i presume the interview is for when u apply for a adult passport?
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

9-10 months ok thats good to know
Old Apr 24th 2015, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

9-10 months ok thats good to know
It's 9 to 12 months.

I didnt send my passport tho i did send photocopies of front page and all my visas and explained i need the passport in case of emergency,travel and extensions,tho i did send my daughters Filipino passport.They seemed more interested in me proving that i live with my daughters mum,have to send proof shes never been married before,also we had a 8hr interview with a social worker to prove im not brain washing my partner so i can then kidnap my child and take her to UK,theres been alot of foot work for me to get this application sent off
I sent certified/notarised copies of my mother's UK passport instead of the actual one since she needs it for travel, ID, etc. I haven't heard any complaints from HMPO regarding it.

Philippines is designated as a 'high-risk' country for frauds. HMPO will scrutinise every little detail about you, your wife and child.

If my daughter was born in PHilippines but becomes a duql passport holder,does she then have the right to be schooled in the UK,does she have access to NHS etc will she have the same right as a British born person.......i presume the interview is for when u apply for a adult passport?
She is ALREADY BRITISH. It's just a matter of proving that she is. Philippines allow dual-citizenship. The UK does too. Her getting a passport doesn't change any of that. Her only issue is that she is 'British by descent', so she won't be able to pass her UK citizenship automatically to her would be children in the future. Unless she resides in the UK for three years prior to the birth of her would-be children.

And that is a concern in the still far future. Hahahahah...

You can register her for the NHS, education, etc. when you get her to the UK. All you'll need is her birth certificate and passport. It will just be a matter of days.

Last edited by knighstrike; Apr 24th 2015 at 2:17 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.