Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Jan 30th 2016, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Originally Posted by diverdec
hi can anyone suggest a very good Immigration Lawyer,my daughters application has taken 14months and its been rejected and all my documents sent back on basis i didnt take up the DNA offer,this is completely false,ive rung the immigration officer and even he admits its on the computor screen that i said i was more then happy to do that DNA test,what a mess.
A good friend of mine runs an immigration business here in the uk, they may be able to help, even if only to give some advice. Their web address is ivs-uk.com.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

diverdec is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Gazza
Old Mar 7th 2016, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Blackwood57 is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter was born in Saudi, I'm British by birth and my wife has a Philippine passport. After supplying all documents as stated in the passport application I heard nothing for 6-weeks, when chased they informed me a CENOMAR was required. I questioned this as I we were married, initially they stuck to requiring a CENOMAR but then changed their minds to wanting a CRS Form 5 (which shows your marital status). They would not accept a certified marriage certificate.
Throughout I had been asking why my wife’s marital status was required as I was applying for my daughter’s passport, they never gave me an answer.
I have now asked for all the documents to be returned as I can get a Philippine passport in 28-days, when I have 6-months or more to spare I’ll try again.
There seems little consistency as a colleague at work in similar circumstances received his son’s passport in 3-weeks with no additional documents being requested.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

well ive just spent 16 months on my daughters first passport application,it got rejected on the grounds i didnt organise a DNA test,i ve proved and immigration have admitted that it was recorded as me saying yes to a DNA test and the immigration Officer admitted that i was told to wait for a reply from Bangkok,well i never got that reply so my application was rejected on grounds of me not admitting a test that i was never asked for in the first place...........Application number two gone in,here we go again,another 16 months
Old Mar 7th 2016, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

I dont understand why being married should make the childs application much easier,i know married women who cheat whilst the husband is away so being married doesnt prove thats your child.Ive been with my gf 8 years alot longer then married people yet iam finding it impossible to get my daughter a passport..I dont even want her to go to school in UK ,i just want her UK passport to make travel easier
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackwood57
My daughter was born in Saudi, I'm British by birth and my wife has a Philippine passport. After supplying all documents as stated in the passport application I heard nothing for 6-weeks, when chased they informed me a CENOMAR was required. I questioned this as I we were married, initially they stuck to requiring a CENOMAR but then changed their minds to wanting a CRS Form 5 (which shows your marital status). They would not accept a certified marriage certificate.
Throughout I had been asking why my wife’s marital status was required as I was applying for my daughter’s passport, they never gave me an answer.
I have now asked for all the documents to be returned as I can get a Philippine passport in 28-days, when I have 6-months or more to spare I’ll try again.
There seems little consistency as a colleague at work in similar circumstances received his son’s passport in 3-weeks with no additional documents being requested.
Because the Philippines does not permit divorce so if your wife had been married previously legally any children would not be yours.

Does your colleague have a Filipina wife?
Old Apr 19th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Graham99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Given the complications involved with British children being born in the Philippines and that the RPPC in Hong Kong is now closed you may wish to consider first registering your son's birth with the Embassy in Manila. This way you'll be dealing with staff with local knowledge who can contact you directly if necessary for any missing documents. Once your son is registered you can use his consular birth certificate to apply for his passport without any further supporting documentation.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth
I just looked through all the requirements on that link, the only thi g you do t need to send is the shirt off your back!
Old Apr 19th 2016, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Blackwood57 is an unknown quantity at this point

No its her first time marriage, we were married in the Philippines so all the paperwork will be ok. My colleague is married to a Filipina, but I'm unsure of any previous marriages.
How submitted the Philippine Passport application for my daughter without any issues, just waiting now.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackwood57
No its her first time marriage, we were married in the Philippines so all the paperwork will be ok. My colleague is married to a Filipina, but I'm unsure of any previous marriages.
How submitted the Philippine Passport application for my daughter without any issues, just waiting now.
As Brit in Paris says, the Philippines is one of the "dodgy" countries, (along with others such as Pakistan, Thailand and India), due to the ease of obtaining forged documents plus the no divorce rule. I believe all applications from here are checked in UK then sent back to Manila for confirmation the submitted documentation is legally correct , then returned to UK for passport to be - hopefully - finally issued. The good news is that renewals are currently only taking 2/3 weeks! I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient. It can take up to 12/14 months from other postings on BE for a first passport. Was your colleagues sons application for a first passport or a renewal?
Old Apr 20th 2016, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

cundall is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify...

Passport applications are firstly processed in Liverpool, then sent to Bangkok to get checked. Yes the Philippines is one of the countries which extra checks and it's normally down to the CENOMAR as these are often faked.

I had an update on my daughters application this morning from BKK and it stated:

"We acknowledge receipt of your email and we confirm that your application is with Her Majesty's Passport Office - SE & NE Asia and Pacific. We are dealing with a large volume of applications and we deal with them according to queue as how we receive them."

So i think you just need to keep on waiting and chasing - I chase weekly and also done a MP escalation.

I have been given internal email addresses for BKK made no difference, did not get a reply... it took a month until they replied to an email address i found on Google (chasing every way i can).
Old May 9th 2016, 2:28 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

The posts relating to maylouise have been moved into a new thread in the Malaysia forum:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/malay...laysia-877215/
Old May 9th 2016, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Getting back on topic...

My daughter's passport was issued today in Liverpool - awaiting for it to be dispatched.

17 weeks 4 days (officially in Bangkok from January 7), but application started in November.

I had well over 40 calls logged and had questions from BKK regarding the application, plus my MP escalation - I think it pays to be annoying.
Old May 9th 2016, 5:35 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cundall
Getting back on topic...

My daughter's passport was issued today in Liverpool - awaiting for it to be dispatched.

17 weeks 4 days (officially in Bangkok from January 7), but application started in November.

I had well over 40 calls logged and had questions from BKK regarding the application, plus my MP escalation - I think it pays to be annoying.
Phew, Persistence has to be your middle name!
Old Jun 20th 2016, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

laurenceinarabia is an unknown quantity at this point

hello anyone still reading this????

got a request to send the CENOMAR or CRS form 5 - but we are in Dubai - we got married in sri lanka 2 years ago - son born in May this year !!! we sent marriage update to philiipines and have a copy of this but there is no way the system will be updated in phils yet and no way we can travel to get the cr5....

we submitted everything and i mean everything required on the supporting documents accept the above ... which were and are not on the supporting doccuments list

anyone find a way around this?

this is what is sent to the passport agency....

I fully understand there is a process but it is difficult if this is not stated in the information provided to us.

I do not understand why we need to provide marriage status for my wife Arclei Lorenzo Barut when we are not required to submit our marriage certificate -It clearly states that to provide: TABLE B: Born on or after 1 January 1983 one of your parents’ full birth certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or naturalisation or registration certificate; and • if this is your father, his marriage certificate to your mother (this does not apply for those born on or after 1 July 2006) so i do not understand the need for the below? My sons British Citizen ship is from his father? \

My wife could ONLY be under my sponsorship in the UAE on proof of marriage. We enclosed ca copy of her residency visa which clearly states she in a housewife under my sponsorship (attached again)

To register the birth of our child, again we had to provide proof of our marriage in the UAE
\
We have registered our marriage with the Philippine authorities but this can take an eternity to process - and may not be live in their system yet. I have attached a copy of this registration.

As explained, we have great urgency and stress at the moment for a number of reasons.

We have to get a passport within 90 days in order to secure our sons residency here in the UAE and cannot leave without a passport regardless.
My Mother is almost 80, unable to travel, in poor health and has not met her grandson
i/we may have to return to the UK within a few weeks time and clearly cannot do so without this passport... we are totally lost without it.

Surely with all of the documents we have provided you can have no doubt we are married.

Please can you review/send forwards to the person named below for immediate attention.

can any of you guys help???
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

I am guessing that they are confirming that your wife has not been married before you both got married, the cenomar is a document that is often faked/altered. It's nearly impossible to get a divorce in the philippines and as such most people go abroad to get married (as the cenomar is not always required) and it's not always a legal marriage.

This is what I was told, the cause of my delay was confirming that the cenomar was real.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.