Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Hmmm. Presume the job he's taken is cash in hand and on the quiet?
Or is his new company going to apply for an alien Work Permit for him?

It is illegal to work on a tourist visa as you have already acknowledged and BI are getting good at finding out illegals. It will only take one phone call from a "friend" and he'll be on his way back to UK.That's what happened to an acquaintance here in Cebu. He took a job in a local firm run by a friend of his who employed a few foreigners, but two weeks later the BI arrived to check visas and he was on his way out of PH very quickly! It later transpired that BI had received an anonymous call.
I don't know if there are penalties for harbouring an illegal here, but I'd be very careful if I were you as you know he cannot work without the correct visa and you have stated as such on this forum.

love does make you blind at times.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

rezziajanelle is an unknown quantity at this point

the company is legal. Both employs locals and foreigners. I saw the office myself when I cam with for his interview. Everything's right.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rezziajanelle
the company is legal. Both employs locals and foreigners. I saw the office myself when I cam with for his interview. Everything's right.
I think you are missing the point though. The company may well be legal, ut unless he has a visa that allows him to work HE is not legal.
He can't legally work if he only has a tourist visa.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

the company is already processing the work visa. FYI. I thought when i said "Everything's right" - I didnt need to elaborate further
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

the company is already processing the work visa. FYI. I thought when i said "Everything's right" - I didnt need to elaborate further
I have read this forum several times and I can understand the comments from most of the guys and girls. I think they have your best interests at heart. Being a Brit and having traveled the World since the mid 70s, there are plenty of idiots and hangers on out there and unfortunately many of them are British
If you love him and it is all legal - go for it, if one of the above is missing - run.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! I think if there's something I should be worried about is HIM - how long he can do this job, it's only been a week, so far so good. But, Im still careful, i need him to work for a long time, for himself as well, so he could save for himself if ever he wants to go back to the UK already.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

He is a con man. Get rid of him
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. Dump the lazy **** and move on for the sake of all of us. !!!!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

As much as I want to, I can't. He is afterall in a foreign land, I will leave him after a few months when he can stand on his own 2 feet without me. That is if we don't workout our relationship.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent most of my working life in foreign lands. I never lived off a woman. Where I come from we have words to describe men who do that.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:43 am
Just Joined

So... he went back to the UK already.
He cant be employed in a work where he has a boss - he doesnt take it very well.

His friend sent him money to book his flight back home.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

So... he went back to the UK already.
He cant be employed in a work where he has a boss - he doesnt take it very well.

His friend sent him money to book his flight back home.
I think this outcome is probably the best for the both of you in the long run.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Not for me....apparently.
I am left with something or someone... that's also his.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Not for me....apparently.
I am left with something or someone... that's also his.
My opinion still hasn't changed.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Well, i do hope..it is for the best... and I'd be... okay. Better even. Heartbreak after heartbreak isn't really fun.. if you know what I mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.