Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Best way to renew UK passport

Best way to renew UK passport

Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to renew UK passport

Hope you are all well.
I dont have the money to return to the UK ... can anyone suggest the best way to renew my passport.?
Cheers and Thanks Bazza
Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way to renew UK passport

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Hope you are all well.
I dont have the money to return to the UK ... can anyone suggest the best way to renew my passport.?
Cheers and Thanks Bazza
Hi Bazza, use this UK government online tool, you just answer the questions and it will tell you how to renew your passport https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/filter/overseas
Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Bazza, use this UK government online tool, you just answer the questions and it will tell you how to renew your passport https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/filter/overseas
Thanks very much ... Not due for a couple of years but beginning to think about it lol
Old Apr 4th 2019, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

To add my tuppence worth. I renewed my passport on line in the Philippines. Received new and expired passport after 18 days.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
To add my tuppence worth. I renewed my passport on line in the Philippines. Received new and expired passport after 18 days.
So you sent off the old passport the same day as you completed the on line application and had the old one plus new back in 18 days. Who did you use for the postal service?
Old Apr 5th 2019, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I used LBC and they passed on to DHL. Very efficient service by all concerned.
Old Apr 12th 2019, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Did you receive you renewed passport before you were sent the expired one (and supporting documents)?
Old Apr 12th 2019, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Just renewed mine. DHL on Tuesday, arrived Liverpool Friday morning, new passport received next Thursday, old passport received Friday!
I've now renewed 4 family passports over the last two years and average time from sending to receiving new ones is 10/12 days.
Old Apr 12th 2019, 8:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Apr 26th 2019, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,i am going to the Philippines early August i have at the moment 10 months left on my passport,will i be able to renew it next year while i am there,thanks Frank.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 8:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
Hi,i am going to the Philippines early August i have at the moment 10 months left on my passport,will i be able to renew it next year while i am there,thanks Frank.
You will be able to but you may find it easier simply to renew it before you go. If you are planning on residing in the Philippines then doing so may save you the bother of having to update your passport details with the Philippine authorities.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 8:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok,thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
Most countries require a full six months left on the passport to let you in, airlines are normally slightly stricter as they could get charged for any expenses caused by refusing you entry, so traveling in August gets you very close to that line. When I renewed mine last time I had nearly a year left, this was added to the 10 year validity. BritInParis is also right that it is a lot less hassle doing it in the UK, plus cheaper as you do not have to use international courier system.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

If I remember rightly if you renew earlier than 6mths you get the time back in your next passport so nothing lost. Renew before you leave the UK.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Most countries require a full six months left on the passport to let you in, airlines are normally slightly stricter as they could get charged for any expenses caused by refusing you entry, so traveling in August gets you very close to that line. When I renewed mine last time I had nearly a year left, this was added to the 10 year validity. BritInParis is also right that it is a lot less hassle doing it in the UK, plus cheaper as you do not have to use international courier system.
A number of countries do - I wouldn’t say most - but the Philippines is not one of them. Countries that the OP may transit through, like Singapore, do however.

Originally Posted by bestvue
If I remember rightly if you renew earlier than 6mths you get the time back in your next passport so nothing lost. Renew before you leave the UK.
It was nine months and that policy was ended last September as part of the Brexit preparations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.