Bank checks

Old May 21st 2015, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bank checks

BPI

Are contacting foreigners who bank with them to call in and up date your account profiles, even if you are only a recent account.

Do not worry if you get such a call, just take your passport and go in and see them. You will complete what in effect is another account opening form, they will xerox your passport. They add these two documents to your account file, even if they already have them lol.

Your spouse is not required even if it is a joint account as she is not a foreigner...or is she/he!!

In addition you will be asked to sign a declaration to the effect that you are or are not a USA citizen. What happens if you are a US citizen is unknown as I am not so I was just completing a 'nil' return.

This is purely an internal reporting mechanism to meet the banks compliance requirements.

Just so you know
Old May 21st 2015, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank checks

Originally Posted by mikemike
BPI

Are contacting foreigners who bank with them to call in and up date your account profiles, even if you are only a recent account.

Do not worry if you get such a call, just take your passport and go in and see them. You will complete what in effect is another account opening form, they will xerox your passport. They add these two documents to your account file, even if they already have them lol.

Your spouse is not required even if it is a joint account as she is not a foreigner...or is she/he!!

In addition you will be asked to sign a declaration to the effect that you are or are not a USA citizen. What happens if you are a US citizen is unknown as I am not so I was just completing a 'nil' return.

This is purely an internal reporting mechanism to meet the banks compliance requirements.

Just so you know
I had this from BPI Europe just before I left the UK last year, I just informed them to use the exact same documents I had sent them a couple of months before. They accepted that.
Old May 21st 2015, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank checks

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I had this from BPI Europe just before I left the UK last year, I just informed them to use the exact same documents I had sent them a couple of months before. They accepted that.
The Uk may be ok with that, here they are clearly under instructions to get all foreigners in. they checked my passport number to the copy they held and took a new copy which they stamped and verified as a copy of the original. All the banks are required to do this for foreigners, HSBC did the same but that was before it became every two years.

Anyway if you get a call , you now know why