baguio business ideas??

Old Nov 25th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

deanios46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: baguio business ideas??

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
We paid several hundred thousand peso hospital bills for an aunt who then died. We did get some land promised but it wouldn't cover the bill and we didn't really want the land anyway. I was all promises for a while then they go quiet and gradually slip below the radar.
yah these are unforeseen problems that could really mess everything up for the foreigner,especially if your trying to start a new business!!and im pretty sure it would come when you least suspect it! kinda dammed if you do and dammed if you dont,a tough dilemma to be in im sure..sorry to hear you lost a load of money

Last edited by deanios46; Nov 25th 2013 at 4:41 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

grahamuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget it mate.

You sound like a lamb going to the slaughter....sorry and all that.

Some very sound advice has been given to you.

Number one....how do you propose to LEGALLY run a business on a tourist visa ?

You'd get married on a whim to give the 60% business share to your girlfriend...a girl you appear to have little respect for, from what you've written ?

You'll thank me one day for saying this:

Earn your money back home and spend it (carefully) in the Philippines.

Don't marry the girl unless you're able to get her a settlement visa for your home country...whether or not you actually decide to use it. Otherwise you'll be treading the well-worn path of hundreds of daydreamers before you.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

deanios46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grahamuk2
Forget it mate.

You sound like a lamb going to the slaughter....sorry and all that.

Some very sound advice has been given to you.

Number one....how do you propose to LEGALLY run a business on a tourist visa ?

You'd get married on a whim to give the 60% business share to your girlfriend...a girl you appear to have little respect for, from what you've written ?

You'll thank me one day for saying this:

Earn your money back home and spend it (carefully) in the Philippines.

Don't marry the girl unless you're able to get her a settlement visa for your home country...whether or not you actually decide to use it. Otherwise you'll be treading the well-worn path of hundreds of daydreamers before you.
hello thanks for your response...why would i need to get her a settlement visa whether i decide to use it or not?? i dont really want her to live in the u.k ever..baguio is my dream place to live anyhow.
i wouldnt be marrying her on a whim either as we`ve known eachother for a long time now,and i do respect very much,all i ment was that she aint the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to business and money matters,she dont understand how risky business could be for me there...the tourist visa thing is ok as it wouldnt be a problem for me to give her the money.its just her family that concerns me,basically if they got a sniff of it they would be all over her like a rash!! but yes i understand its very risky there to try and get anything started and who to trust...i could just be a dream,or it could work?! just trying to think positive about all.