British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   Anyone with PLDT DSL keep losing broadband ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/anyone-pldt-dsl-keep-losing-broadband-904144/)

expatuk2017 Oct 4th 2017 5:45 pm

Anyone with PLDT DSL keep losing broadband ?

Just about had it with PLDT and their internet !
Speed varies from 0 to 2.72 mbs and keeps dropping connection.
We have phoned them several times, different engineers arrive
Each time saying we need to replace the Router at 1300=1500 pesos.
We are on our second router in 6yrs. We gave allowance for several
Days with no internet because of the bad rain recently.
Same problem again today lost internet all afternoon.
We are now looking at other options.
Just curious if anyone else having the same problems in the Los Banos area

mikemike Oct 5th 2017 12:16 am

Re: Anyone with PLDT DSL keep losing broadband ?

1/ They should not be charging you for a replacement router unless it has been damaged by you. We have had two routers replaced FOC because they were both faulty. like a lot of things here , nothing seems to last!!

2/ Suggest you send another e-mail and demand that it be treated as an official complaint and elevated to a senior manager. I had to do this 2 weeks ah go and we had a technician turn up on Sunday morning, unannounced to sort the problem out, no charge.

I think you are experiencing 'Local office issues'

Not sure I would go this far yet it worked

An Australian guy here had similar problems with PLDT and advised that they were now considered to be in breach of contract by not supplying working order materials and service for the fees paid. He advised that he would raise a blotter for corporate harassment at the local police precinct within 10 days unless they sorted the problem out at their expense.

He got an almost instant response from a senior manager who advised that the issue would be solved the next day and that his engineers were on the case now. Please refrain from taking any further action. The problem was solved that day.

expatuk2017 Oct 5th 2017 8:44 am

The problem we have is that it is a private company that does the PLDT repairs.
And they have a long list of jobs to complete in a day. We have a PLDT engineer who
Lives locally and he says PLDTs only interest is business clients these days.
And installing fibre networks in the housing estates.
Where we live the homes are mostly wooden an metal sheet buildings and the phone cables are a mess.

May have to go the way of the Aussie !

Stokkevn Oct 5th 2017 8:57 am

Originally Posted by expatuk2017 (Post 12354071)
The problem we have is that it is a private company that does the PLDT repairs.
And they have a long list of jobs to complete in a day. We have a PLDT engineer who
Lives locally and he says PLDTs only interest is business clients these days.
And installing fibre networks in the housing estates.
Where we live the homes are mostly wooden an metal sheet buildings and the phone cables are a mess.

May have to go the way of the Aussie !

Do you live anywhere near a Globe phone mast. I have a Globe 1Mbps and 90G monthly download limit per month and a friend just down the road has 10Mbps with a 50G monthly download limit. We did experience problems for 2 months about a year ago but since then very reliable and it does what it says on the box. ! pay P799 pm and my friend pays P1299 ( I think ).

expatuk2017 Oct 5th 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stokkevn (Post 12354079)
Do you live anywhere near a Globe phone mast. I have a Globe 1Mbps and 90G monthly download limit per month and a friend just down the road has 10Mbps with a 50G monthly download limit. We did experience problems for 2 months about a year ago but since then very reliable and it does what it says on the box. ! pay P799 pm and my friend pays P1299 ( I think ).

We had a globe system when we first arrived here in 2011.
Square antenna on the roof, used the celluler system but was very unreliable.
However i have heard they have improved , i may look into that, thanks for reminding me.
Have this morning reset the router to default! Speed 3.25mbs. Reset again at 5pm
Same speed . This evening downloaded episode 2 of the new chicago pd series.
Thats my day complete