Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Am I alone in thinking …

Am I alone in thinking …

Old Oct 2nd 2021, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I alone in thinking …

They are just copying the French
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I alone in thinking … Roundabouts

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Is it just me or do others think that a large percentage of drivers in the Ph have no idea how to deal with roundabouts or ‘rotuntas’ as they are known locally? At least 95% of the time (I’m being generous here), drivers entering a roundabout seem to think they have the right of way, as opposed to those already on the roundabout. It happens so often, I’ve starting questioning myself and wondering if this particular rule is the other way round in the Ph.
Here the law used to be that those coming onto the roundabout had the right of way but they changed it about 15 years ago to those on the roundabout had right of way, Egypt had the same law but changed it back in the 70s when I was there as they realised that if people entering from all roads at the same time no one could get off. Just use the standard law of the road here, biggest goes first.