Agricultural smuggling

Old Jan 29th 2023, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agricultural smuggling

Oh dear.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention that I did advise you in the recent past on a certain matter that I believe you found helpful.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I forgot to mention that I did advise you in the recent past on a certain matter that I believe you found helpful.
Yes you did and I did find it helpful. But your postings today are not at all helpful here.
I repeat: Please stop posting here unless you have a contribution to the subject of the thread.
You're just wasting my time and that of other people who click on them.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Definite cases of onion withdrawal symptoms.
Goodness me! Another poster wasting everyone's time with what he thinks is a humorous comment. Adding nothing to the discussion. Is it because it's a Sunday?
Old Jan 29th 2023, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
all the best you have no understanding of what you posted re the senator not understanding.. as for corn laws it has nothing to do with price of onions, bread was staple diet, onions are not, an educated person would know this ....
Same old lack of understanding from you on the relevance of the Corn Laws so I won't repeat the points. But you make a new point that is worth a reply. You say onions are not a staple food and so we don't need to bother about them. But staples are not what they were long ago ie mainly grains. People nowadays in most countries are used to a much greater variety of food, products and services and they expect the government to ensure these are available in quantity at reasonable prices. A new term is needed for these foods and products..

Onions are the basis of many dishes here and have no good substitutes. Even if you eat out you can notice their absence. Yes, no riots in the streets, but there is surely a lot of dissatisfaction. BBM is lucky that Filipinos are largely passive when these sort of things happen and are always very respectful of the Chief Executive, whatever bad decisions he or she makes. Rice is under stricter control with its own law governing tariffs and imports. But many other important foods are not produced in enough quantity here and are subject to the DA getting imports right.....sugar, eggs, meat, fish. Domestically not so much consumers but producers can be hurt and make a political problem if the DA gets it wrong.

The image of the Philippines abroad, and also the President's could be under threat. The jet setting investment seeking President is lucky the high onion price here only got a moderate amount of attention worldwide. Presently too many other big news issues around. Otherwise It could have all got to the level of Imelda Marcos's shoe collection at the end of the last century. So he will be trying hard to avoid any more embarrassing price issues with other important foods over the next few months. Probably by greatly increasing buffer stocks as it's not easy for civil servants to get their market interventions always about right.

Old Jan 29th 2023, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Goodness me! Another poster wasting everyone's time with what he thinks is a humorous comment. Adding nothing to the discussion. Is it because it's a Sunday?
Obviously just a waste of space, so goodbye all
Old Jan 29th 2023, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Obviously just a waste of space, so goodbye all
Yes, your comment was.
Old Jan 30th 2023, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Yes, your comment was.
I am extremely sorry and if I bother to post here again I will forward it to you for approval before posting.
Old Jan 30th 2023, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the apology.
But sadly I have to turn down the unpaid job of being your editor due to pressure of work.
If you post again post about the topic. Don't suggest, directly or indirectly. that other posters stop a relevant argument. They will decide.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BBM a no show at Monday's onion meting.To be fair that he would be attending was only said in one news item. In two others it says he "called for a meeting".The Manila Times reported using a "source". He said a DA official talked with some farmers,retailers and importers. Each group refused to take the blame for high prices.The DA asked why prices had not fallen following a recent importation.
Not that he could do much but it seems to me he is following what he did to get 30M votes in the Election. Don't say much, don't debate.The public are getting used to the high price and he will be on a visit to Japan in a week's time.
At our local Robinson's today a few nets at about P400 a kg. Onion powder now out of stock.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

https://philippinedailyinquirerplus....81509345334828

Came across this article on what the DA was planning 2 years ago about onions. A "road map".One of 19 apparently for agriculture and fisheries. Aimed to increase onion production by over 20% by 2025. Not heard of in all the talk about the vanishing vegetable. But don't worry, the DA have another plan called ORION - the Optimalization and Resiliency in the Onion Industry Program. To read click on the small blue +1 button by the name of the author